Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book of eclipse - flipping face up

2 posters

Go down

Solved Book of eclipse - flipping face up

Post  LimusocoBobo 2011-09-09, 08:54

Okay, so this always comes up in my duels and I've never really addressed it...

Scenario: I play book of eclipse during my opponent's BP. It resolved and all monsters on the field are flipped face-down. 2 questions (1 I think I know, but 2 is a little more vague):

1) Can my opponent flip summon (from set to face-up attack) any of his monsters during his M2? If so, what conditions need to be met?

2) When it's the end phase and it's time to flip his monsters up, what are the rulings on how they may be flipped up? Does he get to choose whether it's face-up attack or face-up defense? It's never explicitly mentioned on the card, so, I always wonder about this.

I know this is probably simple and stupid of me, but please hear me out. Thanks.
LimusocoBobo
LimusocoBobo

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Book of eclipse - flipping face up

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-09-09, 09:59

LimusocoBobo wrote:Okay, so this always comes up in my duels and I've never really addressed it...

Scenario: I play book of eclipse during my opponent's BP. It resolved and all monsters on the field are flipped face-down. 2 questions (1 I think I know, but 2 is a little more vague):

1) Can my opponent flip summon (from set to face-up attack) any of his monsters during his M2? If so, what conditions need to be met?
He can, provided that the monster isn't summoned this turn, its battle position has not been manunally changed this turn, or has not yet declared an attack this turn.

LimusocoBobo wrote:
2) When it's the end phase and it's time to flip his monsters up, what are the rulings on how they may be flipped up? Does he get to choose whether it's face-up attack or face-up defense? It's never explicitly mentioned on the card, so, I always wonder about this.

If the card doesn't specify any change in the battle position then they will be flipped face-up without changing battle positions. (ex. Swords of Revealing Light)
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down