Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dat Poker Face - Guide to Gagaga

4 posters

Go down

Dat Poker Face - Guide to Gagaga Empty Dat Poker Face - Guide to Gagaga

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-09-21, 00:09

DISCLAIMER: I was given permission to post this by a friend of mine on Pojo. Beware, I didn't write it. The most I'll do it fix it up if anyone says that it looks messy.

Before Reading this: Here, have a good listen before you take in this info.

TABLE OF CONTENTS:
I. – Introduction
II. – The Archetype Itself
III. – Supporting Dat Poker Face
IV. – You Just Can’t Read My Poker Face!

I. - Introduction
Welcome to the first Gagaga Guide and Discussion. As of now it only consists of Gagaga Magician with a few anime only cards, Gagaga Bolt, Back, and Shield. But it is very likely there might be a few more Gagaga monsters.
Gagaga Magician is a simple meme-tastic spellcaster with a ton of varied uses. Its a Level 4 DARK Spellcaster-type Monster with 1500 ATK and 1000 DEF. It’s effect is about as simple as Herp Derp in your Derp Face. You’re enabled the ability to declare a Level between 1 and 8 during your Main Phase and he instantaneously becomes that Level. However, at the cost of such flexible Level-Conversion, no Synchro Shenanigans for you since it cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.
There’s yet to be an ‘Average’ Gagaga Deck, but there is a few ways to run: “Xyz Bum-Rush”, “Control”, “Gagaga Chaos” and Gagaga Lockdown. You could just run them into one deck, but be careful of your card choices. A warning though, its more of a fun deck as of now. It has yet to show Tier 1 promise, though I hope we can work on making Gagaga competitive.

II. – The Archetype Itself!

Gagaga Magician
Level “4” | DARK-Attribute | 1500 ATK / 1000 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
Effect: Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can declare a level from 1 to 8 to activate this cards effect. Until the End Phase, the level of this card becomes the delcared level. You can only control 1 face up ‘Gagaga Magician’. This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.

This card is the very card that BEGAN to the memes, as well as the archetype itself. It was a loner at first, but then NAS came along and gave him a female companion, as well as a Shield, a ReverseTime Meme, an in-theme Aegis of the Ocean Dragon Lord, etc. This card can allow Xyz summoning any Xyz that has no specific requirements to Xyz Summon. It’s already a Level 4 Monster, and can be summoned via an old pal known as Summoner Monk. Due to Gagaga Magician being a Spellcaster, it can be searched via Magician’s Circle or cause the activation of it. It’s low ATK and DEF is what makes it subpar in the eyes of many, but it is a pride and joy in the eye of the beholder. Yugi Muto has proven that ATK Power isn’t everything, so we’ll just do the same thing! By Stacking! (Obviously kidding.)
Run 3 as he is the bread and butter of this archetype.

Gagaga Girl
Level 3 | DARK-Attribute | 1000 ATK / 800 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
Activate by selecting 1 face-up "Gagaga Magician" you control. The Level of this card becomes the same Level as the selected "Gagaga Magician". Also an Xyz Monster gains the following effect, if this card and nothing but "Gagaga" Monster(s) are used as Xyz Material Monster(s): ●When this Xyz Summon is successfully, you can activate this effect by selecting 1 Special Summoned monster your opponent controls. The ATK of the selected monster becomes 0.
New card from Order of Chaos, and the obligatory Lady Gaga jokes have already begun to spread on her. Now then, this Dark Magician Girl replica gives us the ability to Xyz Summon ANY kind of Xyz Monster of the f**king Rainbow, bros. Plus, she lacks a certain condition that made Gagaga Magician a reject: “This card cannot be used as Synchro Material” does not seem to be existent on her text! Gasp!
Plus making a monster's attack go to 0 helps. And since most monsters are Special Summoned these days: JD, BLS, Chaos Sorcerer, Synchros, Xyz, yeah it'll help.

Run 1-2, for now. I’d probably go with 3 to make sure all the Gagaga Support cards… y’know… actually work.

Gagaga Bolt
Normal Spell
Activate only if you control a "Gagaga" Monster. Select and destroy 1 card on the field.
Free destruction? Yes please. This is from Order Of Chaos as well and will help deal with pesky monsters, and it works as an MST if you’re really bored enough to use it as one.
Run 2-3.

Gagaga Back
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only during a turn a "Gagaga" monster you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard. Special Summon as many monster destroyed by battle during this turn from your Graveyard into face-up Defense Position. Afterwards, for each monster Special Summoned by this effect, take 600 Damage. Only 1 "Gagaga Back" can be activated per turn.
This card can bring back all your monsters destroyed by battle, but at a cost. If you use Mystic Tomato->Tomato->Tomato->Gagaga you can create 2 Rank 4s but take a BUTT LOAD of damage. Seriously, it’ll deal you REAL SOVIET DAMAGE. Although I’d just crash 2 Tomatos, 1 Gagaga, then take 1800 Damage to bring back all 3, make Vylon Disigma, and absorb the Monster that was giving me trouble.
Run 2-3.

Wonder Wand
Equip Spell
Equip only to a Spellcaster-Type monster. It gains 500 ATK. You can send this face-up card and the equipped monster you control to the Graveyard to draw 2 cards.
In this new format with MST and Heavy Storm everywhere this losses its usefulness. But, it can still turn a used Arcanite, Monk, or a Gagaga into a draw 2 mechanic. Or summon Gagaga, equip with Wand for a 2000 beater, attack, then draw 2. But it’s really just for Drawing or MST bait.
Run 2-3 in a build if you choose.

Gagaga Guard
Normal Trap Card
Activate only when you control 2 or more "Gagaga" monster. During this turn, monster you control cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects.
Order of Chaos helped us so much. With this card, you have the ability to protect all of your Monsters from getting annihilated. Only a Trishula, Brionac, or Karakuri Ninja Sazank can really get rid of your walls.
Run 0-2.

Gagaga Shield
Normal Trap Card
After activation, this card is treated as an Equip Card, and is equipped to a Spellcaster-Type monster you control. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle or card effects up to twice per turn.
This is a card that has proven to be one of the most potentially trolltastic Traps ever. Either waste an MST/Storm on it, or lose a Dark Hole because of protecting a Spellcaster Monster. This card goes hand-in-hand with Secret Village of the Spellcasters! Do it! Do it! Do iiiit!
Run 2-3.

III. – Supporting Dat Poker Face

Summoner Monk
Level 4 | DARK-Attribute | 800 ATK / 1600 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
This card cannot be Tributed. When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned, change it to Defense Position. Once per turn, you can discard 1 Spell card to Special Summon 1 Level 4 monster from your deck. It cannot attack this turn.
With this now at 2, he can easily bring out most of the monsters in the deck. He is an instant Xyz. You could also choose to partner this guy with the infamous dead-draw known as Genex Blastfan, giving you the ability to pump out a Genex Ally Birdman from the deck to your hand, and then it further allows you to return Summoner Monk to your hand so you can Synchro Summon Arcanite Magician or Black Rose Dragon, and barely even lose advantage all in one go! Yup, this guy’s going places!
Run 2 as its the max allowed.

Genex Blastfan
Level 4 | WIND-Attribute | 1600 ATK / 1300 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
Effect: When this card is Special Summoned, you can add 1 DARK "Genex" monster from your Deck to your hand.
I mentioned earlier about Genex Blastfan being an awesome combo with Summoner Monk. This guy is a KING of Dead Draws, but you can make it work by using Ancient Fairy Dragon’s effect to Special Summon this guy from the Hand, earning you a free Genex Ally Birdman so you can use it for Synchro Shenanigans. Have fun with this guy!
Run 2-3 if you’re running Genex Ally Birdman.

Magical Exemplar
Level 4 | EARTH-Attribute | 1700 ATK / 1400 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
Effect: Each time a Spell Card is activated, place 2 Spell Counters on this card. Once per turn, you can remove any number of Spell Counters from this card to Special Summon a Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand or Graveyard whose Level is equal to the number of Spell Counters you removed.
Generic Spellcaster Support is Generic. This one’s effect allows you to freely make use of Gagaga Magician from the Hand or Graveyard. This also supports my argument using Genex Ally Birdman, letting you effectively add a Birdman, as well as give you a Rank 4 on the spot.
Run 1-3. Preference choice. You can use this without Blastfan too, but be wary that you cannot revive things like Sacred Crane with this effect.

Sacred Crane
Level 4 | LIGHT-Attribute | 1600 ATK / 400 DEF | Winged-Beast/Effect
When this card is Special Summoned, the controller of this card draws 1 card.
Okay this will probably be overlooked, but hear me out here. This thing’s insanely easy to Special Summon via just Summoner Monk alone, and said Monk is searchable by a universal searcher as well as Magician’s Circle, letting you +1 and break even from the loss of 1 Spell Card, thus mitigating the cost of Summoner Monk’s ability entirely. Fun Fact: This Monster is a LIGHT-Attribute target for BLS or Chaos Sorcerer, and allows for an instant draw. With searchability of this card being pumped up, and the chances of this card being Special Summoned quite easily from anywhere, it makes Icarus Attack a viable card in this deck.
Run 2 as a test-run. Screw with the Numbers as much as you want by that point.

Thunder King Rai-Oh
Level 4 | LIGHT-Attribute | 1900 ATK / 800 DEF | Thunder/Effect
Neither player can add cards from their Deck to their hands except by drawing them. You can send this face-up card to the graveyard to negate the Special Summon of 1 of your opponents monsters, and destroy it.
Generic LIGHT-Attribute Monster is Generic. This card is pretty stunning, as most boss Monsters are inherent summons, so this guy can stomp all over it. This guy also stuns the usual plays people like to make: Searching Monsters and adding them to their hand. Great Level 4, great stats to combat your average lolocals.
Run 2-3.

Doomcalbier Knight
Level 4 | DARK-Attribute | 1900 ATK / 1800 DEF | Fiend/Effect
This card cannot be Special Summoned. When an Effect Monster’s effect is activated, you must Tribute this card. Negate that effect’s activation and destroy the monster.
Another 1900 beater, this time it’s one that says no to Monster Effects. He is a Level 4 DARK-Attribute Monster. Beware, he cannot be Special Summoned, and he can hurt you by negating your own monsters, so you have to play around him. It’s not hard, seeing as you’re going to force your opponent to waste a good resource.
Run 0-2.

Breaker the Magical Warrior
Level 4 | DARK-Attribute | 1600 ATK / 1000 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned, place 1 Spell Counter on it (max. 1). This card gains 300 ATK for each Spell Counter on it. You can remove 1 Spell Counter from this card to destroy 1 Spell or Trap Card on the field.
Its a 1900 beater or a 1600 once-only-MST. Dark for BLS or Sroc, Level 4, thats about it for this deck. But with MST to 3 and Heavy back he might not be as needed.
Run 0-1

Effect Veiler
Level 1 | LIGHT-Attribute | 0 ATK / 0 DEF | Spellcaster/Tuner
During your opponent’s Main Phase, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to select 1 face-up Effect Monster your opponent controls. Negate the effect(s) of that monster until the End Phase.
Veiler negates a monsters effect on your opponent’s turn and fills your grave for BLS or Sorcerer. Or can turn a used Sorcerer into an Arcanite Magician to pop 2 more cards.
Run 2-3.

Chaos Sorceror
Level 6 | DARK-Attribute | 2300 ATK / 2000 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 Light and 1 Dark monster from your graveyard. Once per turn, you can banish 1 face-up monster on the field. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack this turn.
Oh Chaos...With all the LIGHT and DARK Monsters running around, he is a staple. Removes a monster for free a turn then let Gagaga attack or something. Hopefully when we get a Rank 6 Xyz, we’ll get the chance to make this + Gagaga = Awesomesauce.
Run 1-3 but 2 is good.

Black Luster Soldier- Envoy of the Begining
Level 8 | LIGHT-Attribute | 3000 ATK / 2500 DEF | Warrior/Effect
Effect: This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This can only be Special Summoned by banishing 1 Light and 1 Dark monster from your graveyard. Once during each of your turns, you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:
● Remove 1 monster on the field from play. If you activate this effect, this card cannot attack during this turn.
● If this card destroyed your opponent's monster as a result of battle, it can attack once again in a row.

The boss of almost every deck now. We use it cause we can easy without killing the deck. Simple and done.
Run 1.

Gravekeeper’s Spy
Level 4 | DARK-Attribute | 1200 ATK / 2000 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
Effect: FLIP: Special Summon 1 "Gravekeeper's" monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck.
Just for Rank 4 Xyz or Synchros, floater, or Dark for Chaos. Add 1-2 Gravekeeper’s Descendant to gain full control over the Gravekeeper’s Engine.
Run 2-3 if you run it.

Sorcerer of Dark Magic
Level 9 | DARK-Attribute | 3200 ATK / 2800 DEF | Spellcaster/Effect
This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Tributing 2 Level 6 or higher Spellcaster-Type monsters. You can negate the activation of any Trap Cards and destroy them.
In a lockdown variant this can lock down all traps. But as this is a low trap format he loses some use. Usable with Diffusion Wave Motion is nice though, plus he can be summon easy with gagaga+magician’s circle that summons a Gagaga Girl from the deck. Oh look, free Monster.
Run 1-2 if your using Lockdown. 0 in most others.

Phantom of Chaos
Level 4 | DARK-Attribute | 0 ATK / 0 DEF | Fiend/Effect
Effect: Any Battle Damage this monster inflicts to your opponent becomes 0. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 Effect Monster in your Graveyard. Until the End Phase, this card's name is treated as that monster's name, and it gains that monster's effect(s) and ATK.
This is the creature that'll allow you the ability to Synchro Summon 'using' Gagaga Magician. It's been ruled that he won't carry over Gagaga's No-Synchro Drawback, so having a flexible way to Synchro Summon is very nice! =D

Mystic Tomato
Level 4 | DARK-Attribute | 1400 ATK / 1100 DEF | Plant/Effect
Effect: When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 DARK monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.
This guy is an obvious choice if you want to use the Gagaga Back-Tomato Swarm Xyz Combo. In order to get said combo to not kill you, you'll need to find a way to escape the damage of either Battle, or find a way to convert the Effect Damage into Recovery. Maybe you can run Rainbow Life to do it, but I'm not sure about discarding to gain the effect. Hey, maybe it could work though!

It is also possible to run the Tour Guide engine with Sangan. I’m trying not to as i have little money got them but it would speed up the deck and allow for fast Xyz summoning for spam and power. If you use it don’t use most of the Darks I have on here, as then you’d have too many Darks if your running Chaos.

Diffusion Wave-Motion
Normal Spell
Pay 1000 Life Points. Select 1 Level 7 or higher Spellcaster-Type monster on your side of the field. During this turn, only the selected monster can attack and it attacks all monsters on your opponent's side of the field once each. The effects of Effect Monsters destroyed by this attack(s) are not activated.
Gagaga can easily become Level 7 or 8. With this, he can bum-rush all of your opponent’s Monsters and negate their effects fully.
Run 0-1. ONLY USE IF RUNNING STUFF LIKE WONDER WAND OR SORCERER OF DARK MAGIC!!! <_<

Allure of Darkness
Normal Spell
Draw 2 cards and remove from play 1 DARK Monster from your hand.
Well, we haz lots of DARK Monsters, so run it. Durr. =p
Run 1.

Icarus Attack
Normal Trap
Tribute 1
Winged Beast-Type monster. Destroy 2 cards on the field.
Because of Sacred Crane we can use this card now. Free destruction is nice and gives more options.
Run 1-2 if running Crane, 0 otherwise.

Call Of The Haunted
Contiunous Trap
Select 1 monster from your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position. When this card is removed from the field, destroy the monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.
With MST this is either bait or a +ing move. Chain this to MST or Heavy and special summon Sacred Crane for a free draw. Or on your turn for a Xyz or Synchro summon.
Run 1-2

Magician’s Circle
Normal Trap
Activate only when a Spellcaster-Type monster declares an attack. Each player Special Summons 1 Spellcaster-Type monster with 2000 or less ATK from their Deck in face-up Attack Position.
This can summon another monster for a Xyz or beater. Also helps the summon of Sorcerer of Dark Magic/Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon become 10x easier. Plus it pulls one from your opponent. If they only run Veiler, then they have no other choice but to summon it, which causes some minor rage on DN for some weird reason. Sometimes it’ll backfire and drag out Gravekeeper’s Recruiter in a GK-matchup, making it so your opponent gets the advantage over you. Analyze what you’re facing before using this card. Be tactful, and venture into the unknown with it.
Run 1-2 if you have about 6-10 worthwhile Spellcasters available for use.

IV. – You Just Can’t Read My Poker Face!
Before this comes to a close though: Here, listen to it again as you make your own deck.

Last edited by Johnny Raptor on 2011-09-21, 02:03; edited 3 times in total
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Birthday : 1992-09-30

http://www.fanfiction.net/~TheRaptorJohnny

Back to top Go down

Dat Poker Face - Guide to Gagaga Empty Re: Dat Poker Face - Guide to Gagaga

Post  Red-Ryo 2011-09-21, 00:14

This will come in handy when gagaga girl comes to duel network.
Red-Ryo
Red-Ryo

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-09-21, 00:17

Rararararara...
Hmm? O, yeah, clean up the guide a bit. And post more fan fiction. And build me a shrine.
No, seriously, for a guide built entirely on speculation, it is pretty good.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-09-21, 00:26

Yeah, I admitted that he did pretty nicely. So I'm just cleaning it up and making it look... sparkly.

Lot of grammar and spelling mistakes, but eh, I can't blame him.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-09-21, 00:27

Johnny Raptor wrote:Yeah, I admitted that he did pretty nicely. So I'm just cleaning it up and making it look... sparkly.
Lot of grammar and spelling mistakes, but eh, I can't blame him.
No, you cannot blame him, yet I can, and will, blame you.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-09-21, 00:35

You sure you wanna blame me? I haz Super Saiyan powers.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Metta World Peace 2011-09-21, 01:37

My God... "Gagaga" is the most retarded name for an archetype, ever. But yea, nice guide. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this archetype, looks like it'll be fun.
Metta World Peace
Metta World Peace

Birthday : 1995-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnny Raptor 2011-09-21, 02:04

Annnd done extensively fixing the OP. Have fun reading and making those Lady Gaga references.

Oh, and inb4GagagaMagicianofChaos.

I'm calling it. I'm seriously calling it, lolol.
Johnny Raptor
Johnny Raptor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down