Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kinka-Byo and Mystic Piper

+4
Badass_Bunny
nelynel12
TheBlackRoseGuy
LimusocoBobo
8 posters

Go down

Solved Kinka-Byo and Mystic Piper

Post  LimusocoBobo 2011-09-14, 01:29

Mystic Piper is in the opponent's graveyard.

They begin their turn, they normal summon Kinka-Byo http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Kinka-byo. It's effect states:

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, you can Special Summon 1 Level 1 monster from your Graveyard. When this card is removed from the field, remove from play that monster.

The important part is in bold.

Then they special summon Mystic Piper http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mystic_Piper from their graveyard by using Kinka's effect and then they use Piper's effect to tribute Piper to draw 1 card. Now Piper is in the graveyard again. Now it is the End Phase of their turn, they return Kinka to their hand since it's a Spirit monster... this SHOULD force Piper to be banished. But for some strange reason, Piper is unable to be targeted by Kinka's effect because Piper is in the graveyard instead of the field.

Please can someone explain why Kinka cannot target Piper and banish it from the graveyard?
LimusocoBobo
LimusocoBobo

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Kinka-Byo and Mystic Piper

Post  TheBlackRoseGuy 2011-09-14, 01:46

Piper is continually affected by Kinka until it leaves the field. The target was removed from the field, therefore Kinka no longer works because it lost its target. It needs the target on the field to banish it. Kinka does not banish from grave.

If i am not mistaken, the same rules apply for Rekindling. If the Flamvells are still on the field during End Phase, then they are removed. However if they sent back to the grave, well they are no longer affected. These kind of effects only work and last till the monster(s) affected are still on the field.
TheBlackRoseGuy
TheBlackRoseGuy

Birthday : 1994-01-05

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlackRoseguy

Back to top Go down

Post  LimusocoBobo 2011-09-14, 02:02

TheBlackRoseGuy wrote:Piper is continually affected by Kinka until it leaves the field. The target was removed from the field, therefore Kinka no longer works because it lost its target. It needs the target on the field to banish it. Kinka does not banish from grave.

If i am not mistaken, the same rules apply for Rekindling. If the Flamvells are still on the field during End Phase, then they are removed. However if they sent back to the grave, well they are no longer affected. These kind of effects only work and last till the monster(s) affected are still on the field.

My question is why does it need the target on the field in order to banish it?
LimusocoBobo
LimusocoBobo

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-09-14, 02:03

LimusocoBobo wrote:
TheBlackRoseGuy wrote:Piper is continually affected by Kinka until it leaves the field. The target was removed from the field, therefore Kinka no longer works because it lost its target. It needs the target on the field to banish it. Kinka does not banish from grave.

My question is why does it need the target on the field in order to banish it?

Because you are no longer controling that card.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Birthday : 1991-09-17

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDuelingNetwork?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-14, 12:17

It's simple, Kinka-Byo targets the monster in grave and after it's summoned it continues to target it while it's on field, when the monster leaves the field it is no longer targeted by Kinka-Byo and will not be removed in End Phase.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  LimusocoBobo 2011-09-14, 13:26

Okay well I still don't really understand why... so how about this: are there any other cards out there that do the same thing (stop targeting things when they leave the field) so that I'm not surprised in a duel?
LimusocoBobo
LimusocoBobo

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-14, 13:46

One example would be Gladiator Beast Darius, it also targets the monster constantly while it's on the field.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-14, 13:53

Summoner of illusionist ? Summoner of Illusions ?
(I never seen its card on action... or did I ? I forgot.... Oooh.. I remember, I've seen it once, used for summoning gaia drake... but its very rare to see someone using summoner of illusionist)

Edit: I've even spell its name wrong -_-a
Kinka-Byo and Mystic Piper 300px-SummonerofIllusionsGLD1-EN-C-LE
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Solid-Snake 2011-09-14, 14:32

Another example to monsters being in connection with their targets -- term used loosely -- as long as their summoners are face-up on the field is D.D. Sprite:
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by removing from play 1 face-up monster you control. If you do, return the removed from play monster to the field during the next Standby Phase.
If D.D. Sprite is no more face-up on the field during the next SP, the removed monster stays there and will not be returned. If D.D. Sprite is in grave, for example, during the next SP, the monster it removed will remain banished and no more be able to return during other SP's even if D.D. Sprite gets summoned back later because it lost contact with its monster the moment it was no longer face-up on the field.

Nowhere on the card it will be written so; just have to know the mechanics.

Solid-Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_King 2011-09-14, 14:53

Solid-Snake wrote:Another example to monsters being in connection with their targets -- term used loosely -- as long as their summoners are face-up on the field is D.D. Sprite:
You can Special Summon this card from your hand by removing from play 1 face-up monster you control. If you do, return the removed from play monster to the field during the next Standby Phase.
If D.D. Sprite is no more face-up on the field during the next SP, the removed monster stays there and will not be returned. If D.D. Sprite is in grave, for example, during the next SP, the monster it removed will remain banished and no more be able to return during other SP's even if D.D. Sprite gets summoned back later because it lost contact with its monster the moment it was no longer face-up on the field.

Nowhere on the card it will be written so; just have to know the mechanics.

This is a ruling I really didn't know, thanks for sharing.
Supreme_King
Supreme_King
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata

Birthday : 1994-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-14, 20:25

So its works like Future Vision ...

Summon a monster... future vision active, while mosnter being banished. If someone MST the field spell

The monster won't return to field, correct ?
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  LegendaryFrost 2011-09-14, 20:40

correct if Future Visions is destroyed, any monster removed by it stays removed.
LegendaryFrost
LegendaryFrost

Birthday : 1994-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  nelynel12 2011-09-14, 22:08

Rekindling.
nelynel12
nelynel12

Birthday : 1991-09-17

https://www.youtube.com/user/YourDuelingNetwork?feature=mhee

Back to top Go down