Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WinterKirby, the Brony GFXer

Go down

WinterKirby, the Brony GFXer Empty WinterKirby, the Brony GFXer

Post  WinterKirby 2011-09-17, 20:20

So I seem to be one of the few brony artists on the internet. I've done mat designs, avis, and recently card sleeves. All can be seen in the GFX section of the site. I've been a brony since.... I really don't remember. I think it was somewhere mid-March, early April, when I noticed a sudden surge of pony personas. I thought "Okay, that's just people being people," and I dismissed it, not really even exactly knowing what it was about. I then found out my TV got the Hub, and when I turned it on, Friendship is Magic was on. It was.... The Best Night Ever. So at that point I didn't really know the characters or the story, but I was drawn in by the animation style. I then watched the rest of the series, not necessarily in any specific order, and I became a brony.

As for Yu-Gi-Oh!, I got my first cards in a Dark Magician Tin long ago. I was young, and I watched the show first, so of course, I knew nothing about the game. So I kind of made it up as I went along. Then I got a Yugi Starter DEck, which contained the rules and how to play, and then I began to actually play right. Of course, being good was a different story. My deck was full of holo cards, like any newbish player would. (Actually, my current deck is max holoed, but this one's actually good.) I won maybe 1 out of 5. Somewhere after the release of Invasion of Chaos, I took a hiatus from Yu-Gi-Oh. There wasn't really anyone I knew who played, so I kind of stopped. I came back into the game around The Duelist Genesis, remembering just a little about the game. A club at my school held a Yu-Gi-Oh tournament. That was where I also learned about the banlist, and how PoG and Dark Hole were banned (at that time). I ended up losing 2-1 in the first match. I had no idea what Synchros were, nor did I know about the Psychic type. I went and bought a pack, and pulled an Ulti Thought Ruler Archfiend. Of course, my deck was still full of Holos. And at that time, I didn't use sleeves. So it ended up getting some edge damage. One of my friends who lived in my neighborhood came up to me the following year and I learned that he played as well. We had a lot of cards, and so he helped me make a Batteryman OTK deck. It worked pretty well. Time passed, I got better, my deck changed a lot. I went from B-Men, to Fortune Ladies, to Vanillas. I played Vanilla Beatdown for a while, and then recently I switched to Malefics. They ran significantly better than my Vanillas, and I've run them since. I also have an alternate Machina deck.

I joined DN when it was brought up in conversation at school. I joined under the name WinterKirby and built a Terminal Garden deck and a Spirit deck, along with my Malefics. Terminal Garden got the first A.S.S., and that's what compelled me to join this forum, like a majority of other members. However, unlike them, I stayed and have now become a regular part of the community.

I'm kind of mid-level with GIMP, which is what I use to do my Pony Stuff, and, not to brag, but I do think I do some of the best Pony GFX on this forum. Anyone say otherwise?

Also, I collect A.S.S.es now. As you can see, I'm getting pretty close to my personal goal of 20. It is free wins after all. Besides, I stopped trying to get my rep up for card backs. Since people quit when I win a lot. It doesn't bother me though. Still free wins.

Ummm... Any questions?
WinterKirby
WinterKirby

Birthday : 1992-04-17

Back to top Go down