Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Custom Structure Deck] X02: Unleash of Gems

3 posters

Go down

[Custom Structure Deck] X02: Unleash of Gems Empty [Custom Structure Deck] X02: Unleash of Gems

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 15:32

Hey guys. I did today an other Custom Structure Deck. This time, it is oriented around the Crystal Beast monsters. As usual, I posted a decklist, while also added 5 totally new cards (as official Structures do).

The Structure Deck:

MONSTERS
1 Crystal Beast Obsidian Lion (*)
1 Crystal Beast Diamond Wolf (*)
1 Crystal Beast Quartz Rabbit (*)
1 Crystal Beast Amber Mammoth
1 Crystal Beast Amethyst Cat
1 Crystal Beast Cobalt Eagle
1 Crystal Beast Emerald Tortoise
1 Crystal Beast Ruby Carbuncle
1 Crystal Beast Sapphire Pegasus
1 Crystal Beast Topaz Tiger
1 Chain Dog
1 Dragon Queen of Tragic Endings
1 Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
1 Gigantes
1 Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
1 Rainbow Dragon
1 Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
1 Summoner Monk

SPELLS
1 Crystal Connection (*)
1 Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins
1 Crystal Abundance
1 Crystal Beacon
1 Crystal Blessing
1 Crystal Promise
1 Crystal Release
1 Crystal Tree
1 Dark Hole
1 Gold Sarcophagus
1 Rare Value
1 Spiritual Forest
1 Wild Nature's Release
1 Z-ONE

TRAPS
1 Crystal Break (*)
1 Battle Instinct
1 Beast Soul Swap
1 Crystal Pair
1 Rainbow Gravity
1 Rainbow Life
1 Rainbow Path
1 Horn of the Phantom Beast

Now the cards:

Crystal Beast Obsidian Lion
Monster/Effect
Beast
DARK, LV7
ATK 2600
DEF 2100
Eff: Send 2 "Crystal Beast" card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone: Special Summon this card from your hand. While this card is face-up on the field: "Crystal Beast" cards on your Spell & Trap Card Zone cannot be destroyed by card effects. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Crystal Beast Diamond Wolf
Monster/Effect
Beast
EARTH, LV4
ATK 2100
DEF 1000
Eff: Discard this card: add 1 "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" from your Deck to your hand. If this card is on the field but "Ancient City - Rainbow Ruins" is not: destroy this card. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone (except by its own effect), you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Crystal Beast Quartz Rabbit
Monster/Effect
Beast
EARTH, LV3
ATK 800
DEF 400
Eff: Once per turn: send 1 "Crystal Beast" card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your Graveyard. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Crystal Connection
Spell/Normal
Send 1 "Crystal Beast" card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone: add 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your Deck.

Crystal Break
Trap/Normal
Destroy 1 "Crystal Beast" monster on your side of the field: send 1 card from your opponent's side of the field to the Graveyard.

PROMO
Crystal Beast Azure Dolphin
Monster/Synchro
Aqua
WATER, Level 8
ATK 2000
DEF 1700
Eff: 1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner "Crystal Beast" monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: destroy all other cards on the field; then Special Summon as many "Crystal Beast" monsters as possible from your Graveyard, up to the number of cards destroyed by this effect. Once per turn: you can place 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your hand, Graveyard or Deck to your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card. If this card is destroyed while it is in a Monster Card Zone, you can place it face-up in your Spell & Trap Card Zone as a Continuous Spell Card instead of sending it to the Graveyard.

Last edited by Sheodon on 2011-09-24, 19:18; edited 8 times in total
Sheodon
Sheodon

https://www.youtube.com/Sheodon

Back to top Go down

[Custom Structure Deck] X02: Unleash of Gems Empty Re: [Custom Structure Deck] X02: Unleash of Gems

Post  nsanejokr 2011-09-19, 17:41

Cool cards. Azure Wolf would do some nifty things with Crystal Blessing. Aside from that Rabbit would be cool in some instances, but I'd only run Lion as a singleton if at all. I also wouldn't run Connection or Break. Just my two cents, though.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

[Custom Structure Deck] X02: Unleash of Gems Empty Re: [Custom Structure Deck] X02: Unleash of Gems

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 17:43

Thank you. However, I did the following changes:

- Lion is Semi-Nomi
- Wolf is typical Field Searcher (but don't go to the S/T zone if it was destroyed by this eff)
- Rabbit searches from the Deck
- Break destroys the CB, and sends the selected card to the Grave, but only 1.

Also removed Scraps and Koa'ki Meiru Ice cards and added others (Gigantes, Grand Mole and Chain Dog).
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-09-19, 17:51

I think searching from the deck with Rabbits effect would be a bit much. At the minimum it gets Pegasus, which means you already have three Crystal Beasts on turn one. However, it can also bring out Carbuncle for a mass spam. I know Beacon could already do that, but Rabbit wouldn't make you have to play around with how many CBs are in your backrow to set up a Beacon play.

I also think Lion being a Semi-Nomi and and Wolf's destruction effect were unnecessary. At least word it so Wolf doesn't die while it's a Continuous Spell if Ruins dies.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 17:56

nsanejokr wrote:I think searching from the deck with Rabbits effect would be a bit much. At the minimum it gets Pegasus, which means you already have three Crystal Beasts on turn one. However, it can also bring out Carbuncle for a mass spam. I know Beacon could already do that, but Rabbit wouldn't make you have to play around with how many CBs are in your backrow to set up a Beacon play.

I also think Lion being a Semi-Nomi and and Wolf's destruction effect were unnecessary. At least word it so Wolf doesn't die while it's a Continuous Spell if Ruins dies.

First: you are maybe right about it. I'm always trouble with that Rabbit. I cannot find for him a balanced effect. Maybe this one could make it a bit balanced: "Once per turn: send 1 "Crystal Beast" card from your Spell & Trap Card Zone; Special Summon 1 "Crystal Beast" monster from your Graveyard."

Second: Hmm. I'm thinking about that Semi-Nomi being, since it just can be confusing. I think I'll remove it. But for second, Wolf doesn't die as a Spell, since as a card in S/T, it doesn't have any effects.

EDIT: already did the fixes.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-09-19, 17:59

I actually thought Rabbit was fine with Special Summoning from the backrow, since the only major advantage it would gain would be from Special Summoning Pegasus. The revival effect could work, too, though.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 18:01

Already did the fixes. Lion is the original again (can combo again with Pega-Promise), and Rabbit now bumps 1 CB from S/T zone to Summon 1 CB from Grave (similar combo can be done what can be done by Lumina).
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-09-19, 18:07

Also, this is just a minor thing. It feels like Crystal Beasts need a "Diamond" amongst them. Maybe have Wolf be Diamond instead of Azure?
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-19, 18:10

nsanejokr wrote:Also, this is just a minor thing. It feels like Crystal Beasts need a "Diamond" amongst them. Maybe have Wolf be Diamond instead of Azure?

Sure. That's a good suggestion.

You get a +1 because of your helping comments here and the other topic.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-20, 08:19

Bump, plus did the following changes in Structure Deck:

- 1 Dweller in the Depths
+1 Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo

Another reprint which would make it worth to buy it even for non-CB users.

EDIT:

-1 Super-Nimble Mega Hamster
+1 Gold Sarcophagus
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  robyschlager 2011-09-20, 09:51

wow this could worlk i might play test it but mabee more pegasus
robyschlager
robyschlager

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-20, 10:09

robyschlager wrote:wow this could worlk i might play test it but mabee more pegasus

Thanks. Lion makes the Deck more competitive because of the protection is not a problem anymore for CB. Also, if this pack'd be available, by "buying" 3 copies, a more useable Deck could be built even only by using these cards.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-23, 17:49

Bump.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sheodon 2011-09-24, 19:20

Bump + also added a Promo card for this set too.
Sheodon
Sheodon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down