Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about chains... MST -> Call of the Haunted -> Formula Synchron

+8
BlackwingRa
kangtuji
Magician of Black Chaos
ancientman7
ChaoXide
raidou
Galkin
zergber
12 posters

Go down

Solved Question about chains... MST -> Call of the Haunted -> Formula Synchron

Post  zergber 2011-09-23, 22:11

After you chain call of the haunted to an MST targeting it, can you select Formula Synchron and chain Formula's effect of synchroing to Call of the Haunted killing it?
zergber
zergber

Birthday : 1993-04-02

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Question about chains... MST -> Call of the Haunted -> Formula Synchron

Post  Galkin 2011-09-23, 22:17

As far as I understand, you can't.
After you summon Formula synchron you're still resolving a chain, and the next card in the chain is MST, so CoTH gets destroyed and so does Formula synchron, before you can activate its effect.

Thats just my thoughts, I could be wrong.

Galkin

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Question about chains... MST -> Call of the Haunted -> Formula Synchron

Post  zergber 2011-09-23, 22:32

Wouldn't the destroying effect create a new chain though?
zergber
zergber

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-09-23, 22:33

do you mean call of the haunted one?

no it doesnt start a chain
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  ChaoXide 2011-09-23, 23:21

Yeah pretty sure CotH would get destroyed before you can use Formula Synchron to Synchro.

You could when a facedown CotH is targeted by MST you can CotH Jinzo. xD Jinzo negates the destruction effect and thus CotH is destroyed but Jinzo remains on the field.
ChaoXide
ChaoXide

Birthday : 1989-04-27

http://forums.kametsu.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ancientman7 2011-09-23, 23:39

you know that it is a waste if you try to resurrect formula synchron when being targeted by MST.
ancientman7
ancientman7
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1992-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-09-24, 00:16

to get a formula out with call of the haunted and keep it when call is targeted youll need to have trap stun/ decree set on the field

chain trap stun/decree and chain call of the haunted to it

without it a good choice for call of the haunted when opponent msts it are cards like sangan or x saber dark soul
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Magician of Black Chaos 2011-09-24, 02:56

If you had another face-up monster and appropriate Synchro Monster in the Extra Deck for those two, you could chain "Formula Synchron" to "Mystical Space Typhoon", and then chain "Call of the Haunted" to "Formula Synchron".

Example:

You control "Formula Synchron" and "Battle Ox", and a face-down "Call of the Haunted". You have "Goyo Guardian" and "Stardust Dragon" in your Extra Deck. Your opponent activates "Mystical Space Typhoon", targeting "Call of the Haunted". Chain "Formula Synchron" (possible thanks to "Goyo Guardian"), and then chain "Call of the Haunted" to Special Summon "Raiza the Storm Monarch".

Chain Link 3: "Raiza the Storm Monarch" is Special Summoned.
Chain Link 2: Tune "Formula Synchron" and "Raiza the Storm Monarch" for "Stardust Dragon".
Chain Link 1: "Call of the Haunted" is destroyed.
Magician of Black Chaos
Magician of Black Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-24, 03:46

no, you cann't use effect in the middle of resolution
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-09-24, 05:28

you get the wrong idea here Magician of Black Chaos, the post owner's idea is when he activate CoTH, targeting Formula Synchron, opponent chain MST to his CoTH, can he use Formula's effect right now or not, not like the situation you use. And Kangtuji, there's nothing wrong with Magician of Black Chaos post, that is a correct action in game.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-24, 06:25

Main Point here is You can't add any chain links in middle of resolving chain.

Chain Link 1: Mystical Space Typhoon Targets Call Of The Hounted face-down
Chain Link 2: Call Of The Haunted activates targeting Formula Synchron in grave
At this point Neither Formula Synchron Summoned is summoned nor Call Of The Haunted is destroyed. If no Further Chain links are added it will Start Resolving
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chain Link 2 Resolves: Call Of The Haunted summons Formula Synchron, however since the chain is resolving you can't activate Formula Synchron
Chain Link 1 Resolves: Mystical Space Typhoon destroys Call Of The Haunted and Call Of The Haunted destroys Formula Synchron.

So you never get a chance to activate Formula Synchron Eff.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  zergber 2011-09-24, 13:06

I see, it seemed too good to be true Sad...
So if I use call of the haunted before they MST it, then it could work right? unless they chain.
zergber
zergber

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_King 2011-09-24, 13:21

zergber wrote:I see, it seemed too good to be true Sad...
So if I use call of the haunted before they MST it, then it could work right? unless they chain.

Yes, if they chained MST to Call of the Haunted you wouldn't even be able to summon a monster, but if Call resolves properly summoning Formula and they activate MST later on, you can chain Formula and Synchro Summon.
Supreme_King
Supreme_King
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata

Birthday : 1994-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-24, 13:33

I assume you mean

call of the haunted(targeting formula)
mystical space typhoon
Formula's effect?

Chains resolve backward, so this is what would happen

Formula Synchron summons a monster (but it really can't since the chain is resolving)
Mystical Destroys call of the haunted
call destroys formula, so it can't synchro

That's what I think, but I would get a judge to check it

Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  zergber 2011-09-24, 13:53

Alright, thanks everyone for your help Smile
zergber
zergber

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-24, 19:35

Supreme_King wrote:
zergber wrote:I see, it seemed too good to be true Sad...

Yes, if they chained MST to Call of the Haunted you wouldn't even be able to summon a monster, but if Call resolves properly summoning Formula and they activate MST later on, you can chain Formula and Synchro Summon.

Hmmm ?
If you chained MST to CoTH, you still summon a monster
This would work for sangan or dandylion, or E.hero stratos even opp chaining to your CoTH

Same as someone said before they summoned jinzo first before MST destroy coth, and jinzo still alive
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-24, 19:50

It would work for sangan/dandylion since their effects activae when sent to your graveyard, you can't activate the effect of a monster on the field until it resolves, and it would resolve with it in the graveyard, thus it cannot use the effect
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-24, 19:53

Pox_Equestria wrote:It would work for sangan/dandylion since their effects activae when sent to your graveyard, you can't activate the effect of a monster on the field until it resolves, and it would resolve with it in the graveyard, thus it cannot use the effect

cannot use which effect ?
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-09-24, 19:54

The effect of any monster that's effect activates on the field has to resolve first...
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-09-24, 20:03

if you chain mst to coth you don't summon anything. When mst is link 2 it destroys coth bevore it summons...
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-24, 20:25

Aaaah right ! Same as field spell

I was thinking Coth chained to MST as Original Poster questioned.... getting confused in the middle...

*me gusta face*
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-09-24, 20:54

No you summon a mosnter if you chained CoTH to MST not the other way around

Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-24, 22:47

Yes, its the original question
but few posts laters it got reversed, MST chained to CoTh, not CoTH chained to MST as originally

That why I got confused, yah in that case no monster being summoned
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down