Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A.S.S. Button Removal

+51
dredragon
Smokay
CurseOfBoggart
Pharaoh Atem
HashyXth
executed legend
cmd2011
FlameLordD19
Zephyr
Rinny
MidnightUchiha
infamouz x
Tony Gaiden
Magician of Black Chaos
myminorplace
133T
CrowKing
LoveableKuriboh
Lord_Michiru
boggleboy321
GRIMLOCK
Lovelace
CJUeda
DefiniteOtaku
kangtuji
Synchro Pro
coolchemist2001
Undertaker
ineedbettercards
WinterKirby
darthvader6300
KaousFaustXIII
Azareal
deztheinfinite
Prince Vegeta
Master Jordan
number39utopia
Syrus Truesdale
A+Bro
Halberdier
Simplyunlucky
Maxx_C
ShinyHydreigon
Tarjadan
M200 Raptor
DarkRiku
storyteller
Shade558
Adept VantageSP
Zero2Hero
Black Luster SoldierCOPY
55 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Do you want the A.S.S. button removed?

A.S.S. Button Removal - Page 2 Vote_lcap87%A.S.S. Button Removal - Page 2 Vote_rcap 87% 
[ 117 ]
A.S.S. Button Removal - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%A.S.S. Button Removal - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 17 ]

Total Votes : 134

Poll closed

A.S.S. Button Removal - Page 2 Empty Re: A.S.S. Button Removal

Post  infamouz x 2011-10-01, 23:34

and agree the option match! hehe Razz or you are saying? Shocked
infamouz x
infamouz x

Back to top Go down

Post  MidnightUchiha 2011-10-01, 23:38

Those who voted no are obviously Noobs who can't win and always A.S.S
MidnightUchiha
MidnightUchiha

Birthday : 1995-11-16

http://kumorigakure.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Rinny 2011-10-01, 23:40

Just removing it all around should be good, no real need to add a call admin button. I mean, even if you just 'quit' a ranked duel, you still lose the same amount as if you just admit defeat (I think), I just know I gain when people quit on me, the same as if they admit.

So to go along with removing the ASS you could change 'Quit' to also act as an 'Admit Defeat and Exit' button to get rid of people who just quit.

One last thing I want to bring up is some of the annoying people I've found that host a rated duel, then when you join they never do anything, just waiting for you to leave or w/e and give them rep.

Last thing (Too lazy to make multiple posts) is the umpteenmillion rooms about NOTHING. People hosting just to stay logged in like it even serves a purpose, so my thought is make idlers/afkers be kicked weather in a duel or not to remove the idlers once and for all AND solve the issue just above this one.

Now anyone who wants to bash on my idea's feel free. :/
Rinny
Rinny

Birthday : 1993-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr 2011-10-01, 23:43

No point in removing it or not. You got A.S.Sed? big deal you got the win anyways and rep doesn't mean much when everyone and their mother quits instead of admitting defeat anyways. Hiring more mods/admins/whatever is way more important than this since there are times when i don't see a single mod/admin/whatever on or the ones that are on seem to be "afk" or something and you see public chat being spammed like there's not tomorrow.
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  FlameLordD19 2011-10-01, 23:45

it needs to be removed!
FlameLordD19
FlameLordD19

Birthday : 1994-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  WinterKirby 2011-10-01, 23:49

MidnightUchiha wrote:Those who voted no are obviously Noobs who can't win and always A.S.S
Never used the A.S.S. button.
Has been A.S.S.ed 21 times.
Voted no.
Destroyed your argument.
WinterKirby
WinterKirby

Birthday : 1992-04-17

Back to top Go down

A.S.S. Button Removal - Page 2 Empty A.S.S. Button Removal

Post  cmd2011 2011-10-01, 23:51

Omg the Ass button needs to go people just use it to be sore losers. Please Dueling Network get rid of the ASS button

cmd2011

Back to top Go down

Post  executed legend 2011-10-01, 23:51

remove it. i beg of you

executed legend

Back to top Go down

Post  HashyXth 2011-10-01, 23:52

Its been a while since I posted but there's no way I couldn't vote on this.
Definitely recommend immediate removal. That button for a long time has been nothing but a cheat to get sore losers out of losing points. Any good it once did has long since ceased to make any difference while the trouble it causes especially on admins has only gone through the roof.
The call admin button while still giving them work it wont be as abuseable every ten seconds and people will have to grow up and accept their defeats instead of lashing out.
Well thats my two cents anyways, peace guys. Smile
HashyXth
HashyXth

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-10-01, 23:52

The testserver with this update is stellar.

I've strongly reccomended he take this update live TONIGHT.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

A.S.S. Button Removal - Page 2 Empty Please Go Away (Reborn Tengu) XD

Post  CurseOfBoggart 2011-10-01, 23:54

Needs to go. If this question came up, its clear that the button should go away. Many people abuse it too much and it makes the admins do more work they they already need.

CurseOfBoggart

Back to top Go down

Post  WinterKirby 2011-10-01, 23:59

Even though I voted no, I'm still pretty sure that it's going out soon. Look at the Yes:No ratio.

Still, I'd like to see some way to be able to distinguish bad players from the good, which is actually one of the good things about the A.S.S. system.

At least I hit my goal of collecting 20 A.S.S. before the system was removed. And in that time of collecting, my rep always stayed between 75-90 range.

Not to generalize, as I'm sure that there are plenty who don't apply, but I think that most of the people who voted yes are still butthurt about being A.S.S.ed.

Also... Test server?

WinterKirby
WinterKirby

Back to top Go down

Post  Halberdier 2011-10-02, 00:02

MidnightUchiha wrote:Those who voted no are obviously Noobs who can't win and always A.S.S

I have the 5th highest rep and the 5th highest wins.

I destroyed your argument to the third degree.
Halberdier
Halberdier
€5,000,000,000
€5,000,000,000

Birthday : 1995-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrus Truesdale 2011-10-02, 00:03

WinterKirby wrote:I have absolutely no problem with the current system, save an aspect I noted in another topic. Halberdier does make a good point; without the A.S.S. or at least a way to have the reputation go down, bad and unsportsmanlike players will become indistinguishable from fair and respected players. I think that there should just be more of a penalty for USING the A.S.S. button, and/or an easier way to report it.

This is an interesting Opinion. It's very true. Without the A.S.S Function, we have many fewer problems to worry about. However Like Winterkirby mentioned, at the same time, is harder to distinguish between a respectable user and unsportmanlike user. And since our work is promote the fair play and prevent this kind of unsportmanlike behaviour, we should considere do something about the reputation system. At the moment my only idea is to only allow members of the staff to reduce the reputation of the users according to their offense or behaviour. This would mean that the entire staff should work in a new set of rules to give negative reputation according to the situation.

Then, in that case the A.S.S report section could be replaced for a new section that allows the players to make an appeal, if they thinks that some Administrator gave they Negative reputation for an unjustified reason (always presenting the needed evidence and explaining the situation with the needed details of course).

This is just my idea. Feel free to agree/disagree or even propose other idea if you feel like that.
Syrus Truesdale
Syrus Truesdale

Birthday : 1995-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Halberdier 2011-10-02, 00:07

Syrus Truesdale wrote:
WinterKirby wrote:I have absolutely no problem with the current system, save an aspect I noted in another topic. Halberdier does make a good point; without the A.S.S. or at least a way to have the reputation go down, bad and unsportsmanlike players will become indistinguishable from fair and respected players. I think that there should just be more of a penalty for USING the A.S.S. button, and/or an easier way to report it.

This is an interesting Opinion. It's very true. Without the A.S.S Function, we have many fewer problems to worry about. However Like Winterkirby mentioned, at the same time, is harder to distinguish between a respectable user and unsportmanlike user. And since our work is promote the fair play and prevent this kind of unsportmanlike behaviour, we should considere do something about the reputation system. At the moment my only idea is to only allow members of the staff to reduce the reputation of the users according to their offense or behaviour. This would mean that the entire staff should work in a new set of rules to give negative reputation according to the situation.

Then, in that case the A.S.S report section could be replaced for a new section that allows the players to make an appeal, if they thinks that some Administrator gave they Negative reputation for an unjustified reason (always presenting the needed evidence and explaining the situation with the needed details of course).

This is just my idea. Feel free to agree/disagree or even propose other idea if you feel like that.

The current system alienates new players because they often don't know how to ask for moderation, so they get burned in their rep, as ASS becomes the only option.

In that system there, many players could still terrify newbies, but they would have no negative enforcement, because they'd just force the newbies to quit, and suffer no rep losses themselves, because the new people don't know how to call mods.

Unless we get a "Call mod" button, having mods decide rep would be disadvantageous. And you can bet people will spam the hell out of that button.

Last edited by Halberdier on 2011-10-02, 00:17; edited 1 time in total
Halberdier
Halberdier
€5,000,000,000
€5,000,000,000

Birthday : 1995-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  133T 2011-10-02, 00:09

N Harmonia wrote:
133T wrote:Yeah...please get rid of this. My reputation would be 100 higher if I hadn't been wrongfully A.S.S.'ed by 20 different people. I have screenshots to prove all of them, but I didn't bother sending them in because I don't see anybody getting banned for them.

Post them in the A.S.S abuse report section.

Does it matter how long ago they're from? Cause I have some dating back to last format (July/August).
133T
133T

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-10-02, 00:19

at this point i just dont see why anyone would even ask anymore. Cant you se nothing is being done to this except making a section to dump reports?
Smokay
Smokay

Birthday : 1997-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  dredragon 2011-10-02, 00:20

If it'll stop the "if you do this, I'll ASS you" shit, then I'm all for it. The reputation issue will be hard to fix though. I've only been assed once by this person who claimed I didn't know the rules, and just ass'd me and left before I could say anything, so I'm guessing the only people who get ass'd a lot, and want it gone are the people who are the reason for it being there, or the saber/sam users, lol.
dredragon
dredragon

Back to top Go down

Post  Evaysive 2011-10-02, 00:28

Remove it, i have never used it but had it used on me once because i told someone about gusto's optional timing rule and he didnt believe me. I like the call a mod idea but if that happens im pretty sure the mods would get called like crazy. Just make like a hot link to yugioh.wikia.com so the scrubs can look at the rules for themselves lolol.
Evaysive
Evaysive

Birthday : 1992-03-28

https://www.facebook.com/awwtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiba 2011-10-02, 00:29

There's legitimate reasoning behind the A.S.S. button's existence, but that doesn't really matter when nobody use it for that reason.

The Call Admin button will be much better.
Kaiba
Kaiba

Birthday : 1992-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Shuno of the Fallen 2011-10-02, 00:51

I don't know what happened to my other post..I was sure I posted it. ._. Anyways...

Didn't Det say it was statistically working as it was meant to be? Getting a "get a mod" button in replace of the ASS button wouldn't work that well in my opinion because sometimes there's only one mod on with 3000 other users online. People would just spam the "get a mod" even more. Anyways, people who abuse the ASS button shouldn't be on DN, right?
Shuno of the Fallen
Shuno of the Fallen

Birthday : 1990-05-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-02, 01:33

KILL IT im afraid of the rated room because of it
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  WinterKirby 2011-10-02, 01:34

It's gone now, you gaiz. This thread should be locked now that it's pointless.
WinterKirby
WinterKirby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2