Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Genesis Cards

+2
KaousFaustXIII
AndelStrife
6 posters

Go down

Genesis Cards Empty Genesis Cards

Post  AndelStrife 2011-10-03, 12:48

This is an idea for cards. Like the next XYZ or Synchro.

The cards work like this, You remove from play the cards that are required on the card, and summon it from the Extra deck. Then, depending on the effect, you return the Banished Material cards either to the deck, hand, or grave. When the monsters are used as Material, they are not destroyed, so cards that have effects that activate by being destroyed do not apply. Also, when All the Materials are returned, the monster is destroyed. theres not a max limit on the number of cards that can be used for the Materials so that you can get max effect from the card, because that one thing I hate about the XYZ. The only requirement is whats on the card and that the monsters must be on the field. I haven't decided yet, but I know that the stars are not levels. I want them to be unique, so i haven't decided on exactly what they are. I only have one made up so far, so please rate. Smile

Genesis Cards Siongenesis2

Genesis Cards Alton

Last edited by AndelStrife on 2011-10-04, 10:23; edited 1 time in total
AndelStrife
AndelStrife

Back to top Go down

Genesis Cards Empty Re: Genesis Cards

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-10-03, 15:06

its a drag to remember which cards are genesis materials and which ones are really banished. the name is lame (not really but i cant think of the actual adjective), and the X-Y-Z series (Y-Dragon Head, etc. not Xyz) already does this as their fusion procedure, although i like the idea that you gets to choose how many materials you want to commit...
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  BeanMachine87 2011-10-03, 15:32

I would suggest instead of being banished, the cards used could be banished Face-Down...and whenever you use the effect you can return any banished Face-Downs to the deck; so if the monster gets destroyed, you still have ammo if you bring out a new one...not to mention Different Dimension Capsule could provide ammo as well. And Genesis isn't too bad of a name; while you could do better, it's not nearly as bad as Xyz. XD
BeanMachine87
BeanMachine87

Birthday : 1987-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-10-03, 15:48

BeanMachine87 wrote:...And Genesis isn't too bad of a name; while you could do better, it's not nearly as bad as Xyz. XD

lmao true XD
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AndelStrife 2011-10-03, 16:08

Lol thanks for the Ideas, I'll work on it, and when i get some more done I'll post them. Genesis was the first thing that came to mind.
And the only other thing i could think about doing with the Materials were overlay and thats already been taken. So it was taken down to either become equips in the spell/ trap zone, or banish.
AndelStrife
AndelStrife

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-10-04, 00:24

why not " Genesic" or " Genescent " I have a thread about a custom kind of card called Burst, you might want to give a look at those.
Using the materials for costs has been done, the mechanic reminds me too much of Xyz, although the concept is nice, just, a little too familiar.
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  AndelStrife 2011-10-04, 10:21

I have read about the Burst summoning, I give it a 8/10. These cards run like XYZ, but the only down fall in XYZ monsters is something these cards have. Plus, no level limitations, no spell card needed for summoning (yet). Over all, they aren't perfect yet, and they will need a lot of work. But really, I believe they are a step from XYZ.
Thanks for the advice, and the names. They may be changed.

Also, if you'd like, and could supply me with artwork, I could make your Burst cards into cards like these and send them to you.
AndelStrife
AndelStrife

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-10-06, 03:47

That would be super special awesome Very Happy
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-10-06, 06:41

Card 1 is to broken

Card 2 should say "face-up defense position", since you have to know what the defense is to inflict damage.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AndelStrife 2011-10-07, 19:13

That's what I meant, lol, I'll fix that pronto. And Risewing, just PM me some pics Smile
AndelStrife
AndelStrife

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2011-11-05, 20:42

"D.D. Scout Plane" and "D.D. Survivor" will make Genesis monsters too easy to summon, unless they're destroyed when the monsters return to the field as well. Removed from play is tricky, and it is a pain to keep track of stuff in this manner. It would be easier if it was an Xyz archetype that returns detached materials to the Deck.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down