Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XYZ / Sangan question

+2
Potus-Mat
Fayah
6 posters

Go down

Solved XYZ / Sangan question

Post  Fayah 2011-10-09, 01:06

So I did look through the whole XYZ rulings and tried to use the search button but I couldn't find a concrete answer to this question.

So you summon tourguide, grab sangan, xyz into something. Then your opponent destroys the XYZ monster through battle. The attached materials go to the grave. Do you still get Sangan's effect? It hasn't been detached.

"If the Xyz Summon is negated, the Xyz Materials are already treated as being used as Xyz Materials, even though they are not "under" the Xyz Monster (which never gets to the Field anyway). Therefore monster that were intended to be used as Xyz Materials will get sent to grave and any effects that would activate in that case would trigger." - stickied xyz guide thread

This makes me think in this case sangan would get its effect...idk why it would happen like that though if the cards are treated as xyz material and xyz material are no longer considered their original cards.

Fayah

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: XYZ / Sangan question

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-09, 01:25

Well, Tourgan was murdered, praise be Celestia, so you would not get Sangan's effect if it was sent to the Graveyard from being Overlay.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Hunter_13 2011-10-09, 17:31

sangan gets his effect if destroyed after being special summon by tour guide? cause it says his eff is negated but i have seen many duelists in DN who do sangans eff.
Hunter_13
Hunter_13

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-10-09, 19:17

Yes, after the card leave the field, all condition on it is reset.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  matt.dekok 2011-10-09, 19:29

To answer the question at hand, no. Sangan's eff does not activate because, while it is an Xyz material, it is not considered to be on the field. Therefore its effect will not activate.
matt.dekok
matt.dekok

Birthday : 1988-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-10-10, 08:45

Well, we have 3 people giving out the same answer.
Confirming they are correct, Tour Guide with Sangan as Xyz Material result in Sangan having no effect when detached.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down