Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sangan vs. Horn of Heaven

+3
Tuvillo
MrChillmatic
Occultdude17
7 posters

Go down

Sangan vs. Horn of Heaven Empty Sangan vs. Horn of Heaven

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-17, 17:30

If I Normal Summon "Sangan" and my opponent negates the summon with "Horn of Heaven", then "Sangan" technically never hit the field and therefore won't get its effect.

What if I Flip Summon it? "Sangan" was already on the field at the point I decided to summon it. Would it still be considered "sent from the field to the Graveyard" if its Flip Summon got negated?
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Sangan vs. Horn of Heaven Empty Re: Sangan vs. Horn of Heaven

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-17, 17:47

As strange as it seems, Sangan doesn't fet it's effect if the flip summon was negated...
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuvillo 2012-02-17, 18:57

Flip Summons being negated work exactly like normal or special summons being negated for some reason.

For example, negating the Flip Summon of a Chaos Sorcerer would mean it has obviously been on the field by its own condition before, but you can NOT revive it later on.
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Birthday : 1990-07-29

http://www.nintendostudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2012-02-17, 20:26

As long as summon is negated, it's considered never on the field
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2012-02-17, 20:35

Tuvillo wrote:Flip Summons being negated work exactly like normal or special summons being negated for some reason.

For example, negating the Flip Summon of a Chaos Sorcerer would mean it has obviously been on the field by its own condition before, but you can NOT revive it later on.

The only logical reason that I can think of is that face-down cards have no properties. Like how a set Dual Mode Beast can still be used for Deck Devy. Since face-down cards have no properties, Sangan was never on the field (technically speaking) in the first place and it's flip summoning counts as it appearing on the field.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-18, 17:30

Adept VantageSP wrote:
Tuvillo wrote:Flip Summons being negated work exactly like normal or special summons being negated for some reason.

The only logical reason that I can think of is that face-down cards have no properties. Like how a set Dual Mode Beast can still be used for Deck Devy. Since face-down cards have no properties, Sangan was never on the field (technically speaking) in the first place and it's flip summoning counts as it appearing on the field.

Except it was on the field, as evidenced when a face-down Sangan gets its effect from "Dark Hole". This implies that a Flip Summoned card leaves and returns to the field, and Horn of Heaven intercepts it on the return. That just doesn't sound right though. Are there any examples of a card targeting a face-down monster and not losing its target when it's Flip Summoned? That would disprove the theory.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-18, 18:47

although it doesn't seems right, most ruling pertaining negated flip summon agreed that the monster wasn't considered on the field. btw, nor does a negated gemini summon monster was considered on the field.

there's only 1 old card that I know continuously targeting a monster while even when flipped face-down and up, the oddball "nightmare wheel".
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuvillo 2012-02-18, 19:23

I think it's just "Summon negated: Hasn't been on field"

Game doesn't care what summon it was.
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Birthday : 1990-07-29

http://www.nintendostudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2012-02-18, 19:33

Occult, I don't make the rules, I know it sounds dumb... but it is how it is. Konami did a heck of a job with ruling continuity,etc.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-19, 01:45

Adept VantageSP wrote:Occult, I don't make the rules, I know it sounds dumb... but it is how it is. Konami did a heck of a job with ruling continuity,etc.

I'm not complaining. If it's a consistent rule as opposed to somebody's brain fart, then that's cool.
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-02-19, 02:07

It's the same as other Summons. If you Summon a monster from your hand, and the Summon is negated, it is not considered to go from your hand or the Field, rather from a sort of "limbo." This case is the same. When you Flip Summon it is not considered to have come from the Field, or to have gone from the Field, because it's going from "limbo."
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down