Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About that whole Pulsar OTK thing

5 posters

Go down

Solved About that whole Pulsar OTK thing

Post  celestialPilot 2011-10-25, 00:01

It DOES work.

Maybe.

It depends if the magazine scan is accurate or not.

I went and compared LPD to Vairon Material and Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr, as well as comparing Peten, Poison Draw Frog, and Vairon Element.

Light Pulsar, Material, and Breeze all contain "場合", while Peten, Draw Frog, and Element do not.

Peten, Draw Frog, and Material on the other hand all contain "時", which neither Pulsar, Element, or Breeze have.

"場合" is "baai", which is the word used for "if".

Cards that are translated "when" use "時" or "toki".

The magazine scan is clear as can be. There's no way anyone mistranslated it.

So unless the magazine scan had incorrect text to begin with, then Pulsar should still be regarded as a "If" optional effect monster.

Honestly, it would have been a better idea to just not have added Pulsar at all until a HQ image of it and it's text were available, but a bit late for that now.

Yay for confusing people I guess?
celestialPilot
celestialPilot

Birthday : 1990-08-09

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: About that whole Pulsar OTK thing

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-25, 00:05

Shutupshutupshutup!
No, this MUST not work.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialPilot 2011-10-25, 00:08

You can't really argue with the text on the card. Anyone can look at it and find the characters, even if they don't know what they mean.

Even if I just told you what it meant.

Granted there is ANOTHER picture of the card, but it's so blurry you can't tell what character it's supposed to be.
celestialPilot
celestialPilot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-25, 00:11

"If" was the translation used when we had the fuzzy image that first came out. "When" is now being brought up because we have a much clearer shot of the text.

Honestly Pulsar needs to stay as "When" if only to keep it from being abused in anything that has a dragon in the main deck.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-10-25, 00:15

You're right, Pulsar should stay with "When", cause he's too broken.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  celestialPilot 2011-10-25, 00:25

Tsunayoshi wrote:"If" was the translation used when we had the fuzzy image that first came out. "When" is now being brought up because we have a much clearer shot of the text.

Honestly Pulsar needs to stay as "When" if only to keep it from being abused in anything that has a dragon in the main deck.
Actually it's just the opposite. The original image is MUCH clearer than the new one.

https://i.imgur.com/Xs3ZQ.jpg
The text "場合" is highlighted for you here. If you compare it to the text on a similar card...
https://i.imgur.com/sf2AV.jpg

You can see that they match. "場合" means "If".

There is no mistaking what it says. The Magazine text of Light Pulsar Dragon says it is a "If" monster.

The new picture we have? It's laughable.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img38/7/comparel.png

Try picking out any distinguishable characters from that. They're smudges.

It doesn't matter if you personally don't want Pulsar to be a "If" monsters. If it IS one, it needs to be one.

Fact of the matter is, we won't know which text is correct until the SD is actually released, or a larger image of Pulsar is put up on Konami's site.

Might as well go with the clearer image rather than nerfing a card just because you don't like it.
celestialPilot
celestialPilot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-10-25, 01:29

Yeah. I really doubt that Konami wants to ban every monster that deals effect damage from tributing your own.

FrogTK was annoying enough and even an FTK that can be stopped on the first turn does not need to come out.

Also, going off whenever it leaves, regardless of timing, is what breaks the card. If it doesnt work like that, it doesnt need to stay that way.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-25, 03:15

1. This is not a thread to express opinions
So your opinions and ideas saying why it should or shouldn't work are considered spam

2. The OP is telling the truth, people are getting mixed up, but the OCG uses consistent phrases, thus it's whatever it was

3. Don't go and say, "Because wikia this and wikia that"
Recently there have been many people who are changing the texts.
Now this is an occasion where wikia can be edited by anyone and it's inconsistent.

But I will repeat this again, Pulsar does not miss the timing unless the actual card when printed out have a different text
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-30, 19:52

celestialPilot wrote:
The new picture we have? It's laughable.
https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img38/7/comparel.png

Apparently I've been getting the order of the images mixed up, so if the top image is indeed the erratum, then Pulsar will miss the timing.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down