Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light pulsar dragon rulings

+8
BlackwingRa
[S]tarstrike
Zephyr
storyteller
Potus-Mat
Key
WinterKirby
idiot
12 posters

Go down

Light pulsar dragon rulings Empty Light pulsar dragon rulings

Post  idiot 2011-10-16, 16:32

1. If light pulsar and redmd are on the field and my opponent uses dark hole, can I use pulsar's effect to bring back that specific redmd in the same way grandmaster of the six samurai brings back itself or another card that was sent to the grave at the same time with it?

2. If I synchro pulsar with say flamvell guard to play black rose and nuke the field, do I get redmd or another lvl5 or higher dark from the grave like how debris nuking works with dandylion (you get the tokens after black rose effect and thus get redmd after black rose's effect)?

3. Also here's a galaxy-eyes photon dragon question, can he banish himself out of traps like saruketsu armor or dimensional fissure? I know he can do this to utopia but can he do this to traps?

idiot

Back to top Go down

Light pulsar dragon rulings Empty Re: Light pulsar dragon rulings

Post  WinterKirby 2011-10-16, 16:43

idiot wrote:1. If light pulsar and redmd are on the field and my opponent uses dark hole, can I use pulsar's effect to bring back that specific redmd in the same way grandmaster of the six samurai brings back itself or another card that was sent to the grave at the same time with it?

2. If I synchro pulsar with say flamvell guard to play black rose and nuke the field, do I get redmd or another lvl5 or higher dark from the grave like how debris nuking works with dandylion (you get the tokens after black rose effect and thus get redmd after black rose's effect)?

3. Also here's a galaxy-eyes photon dragon question, can he banish himself out of traps like saruketsu armor or dimensional fissure? I know he can do this to utopia but can he do this to traps?
1: Yes. Pulsar's eff doesn't miss any timing and goes off, and the specific REDMD is a valid target for its effect.

2: Yes.

3: No he cannot. Since he's attacking and you have priority, you'd activate his effect first. He doesn't have any other chance, so once the opponent activates a trap, GEPD has missed its opportunity. However, if you do activate his effect and the opponent responds with, say, Mirror Force, GEPD is destroyed, but the opponent's monster is still banished and returns at the end of the Battle Phase.
Upon reading the actual wording of the effect once again, since GEPD can activate at any time during the Battle Step while he's battling, it can be used in response to an opponent's Trap.

Last edited by WinterKirby on 2011-10-16, 23:39; edited 1 time in total
WinterKirby
WinterKirby

Birthday : 1992-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-16, 17:42

2. This is undecided, as of the text is unconfirmed, we don't know if the optional effect can or cannot miss the timing.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-16, 17:44

Key wrote:2. This is undecided, as of the text is unconfirmed, we don't know if the optional effect can or cannot miss the timing.
I refuse to believe Konami is so short-sighted and forgetful to let this card NOT miss the timing.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-16, 17:45

There is no way to tell at this point unless you can read Japanese.

Translators are all different, I've used some different ones and got different results from it
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  WinterKirby 2011-10-16, 17:59

The first is the part of LPD's effect that would say "If/When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard,"
The second is the part of Junk Gardna's effect that says "If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard,"
The third is the part of Sangan's effect that says "When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard,"

このカードがフィールド上から墓地へ送られた場合、
このカードがフィールド上から墓地へ送られた場合、
このカードがフィールド上から墓地へ送られた時、

And the OCG doesn't change the grammar style as often. So although it's unconfirmed, it's still quite likely it will be "If," unless it's changed before its release.
WinterKirby
WinterKirby

Birthday : 1992-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-10-16, 18:13

I read Japanese, and as long as the Japanese text doesn't change from that on the preview of the card, I know that it will not miss timing.

このカードがフィールド上から墓地へ送られた場合
will always be translated as "If ..."
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-16, 18:17

Ah!
I missed the 時 word.
Now I know where it is, it's easier to tell.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-16, 18:19

storyteller wrote:I read Japanese, and as long as the Japanese text doesn't change from that on the preview of the card, I know that it will not miss timing.
このカードがフィールド上から墓地へ送られた場合
Starting to think that Mister Raptor made a pretty good move retiring...
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr 2011-10-16, 21:37

storyteller wrote:I read Japanese, and as long as the Japanese text doesn't change from that on the preview of the card, I know that it will not miss timing.

このカードがフィールド上から墓地へ送られた場合

but, but i always thought that the "if.." effects are the ones that can miss the timing not the "when..." effects... ok... if this is true then i guess i need to go back to the drawing board of rulings and confuse the hell outta me... yet again =/
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  [S]tarstrike 2011-10-16, 22:37

idiot wrote:3. Also here's a galaxy-eyes photon dragon question, can he banish himself out of traps like saruketsu armor or dimensional fissure? I know he can do this to utopia but can he do this to traps?

Read this: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Tips:Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Dragon

Unlike "Number 39: Utopia", this card has a Quick Effect, so you CAN use it to dodge dangerous Trap Cards like "Mirror Force", "Dimensional Prison" and "Magic Cylinder".
[S]tarstrike
[S]tarstrike

Birthday : 1989-09-20

https://www.facebook.com/ryderjj89

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-10-17, 00:25

This isn't Rulings for Galaxy-Eyes, just some tips. And tips on Wikia can never be trusted! There's no official rulings for Galaxy-Eyes just yet, so we don't know that its effect is Quick or Trigger Effect.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Zephyr 2011-10-17, 00:35

BlackwingRa wrote:This isn't Rulings for Galaxy-Eyes, just some tips. And tips on Wikia can never be trusted! There's no official rulings for Galaxy-Eyes just yet, so we don't know that its effect is Quick or Trigger Effect.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulings:Galaxy-Eyes_Photon_Dragon

according to this it's a quick-effect
Zephyr
Zephyr

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruf_Pup13 2011-10-17, 00:41

If this doesnt get changed, Then, I will be very ticked. As for now i stop playing DN in rated with this thing around.
Its So Absurd.
Ruf_Pup13
Ruf_Pup13

Birthday : 1993-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-10-17, 01:21

Ruf_Pup13 wrote:If this doesnt get changed, Then, I will be very ticked. As for now i stop playing DN in rated with this thing around.
Its So Absurd.

It won't change, OCG text say so.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-17, 13:22

About GEPD:

Yes you can chain it to trap cards to banish himself and monster before it gets destroyed....
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Vegeta 2011-10-17, 13:35

Badass_Bunny wrote:About GEPD:

Yes you can chain it to trap cards to banish himself and monster before it gets destroyed....

so if i attack with my galaxy-eyes and my opponent does sakuretsu or d-prison i can chain the effect of galaxy-eyes to banish both thus making galaxy-eyes safe from the trap card and letting it "fizzle" with non target?
Prince Vegeta
Prince Vegeta

Birthday : 1995-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-10-17, 13:38

Axel VIII wrote:

so if i attack with my galaxy-eyes and my opponent does sakuretsu or d-prison i can chain the effect of galaxy-eyes to banish both thus making galaxy-eyes safe from the trap card and letting it "fizzle" with non target?

According to OCG, yes you can, however keep in mind you can only do it in battle step so you can't save yourself from cards like Forbidden Lance, Honest and such that activate in damage step
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken_Soul 2011-10-17, 13:40

Axel VIII wrote:

yes Ax you can banish your Photon dragon and the opponent monster to do that
Broken_Soul
Broken_Soul

Birthday : 1988-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Prince Vegeta 2011-10-17, 14:39

Badass_Bunny wrote:
Axel VIII wrote:

According to OCG, yes you can, however keep in mind you can only do it in battle step so you can't save yourself from cards like Forbidden Lance, Honest and such that activate in damage step

Broken_Soul wrote:
Axel VIII wrote:

yes Ax you can banish your Photon dragon and the opponent monster to do that

ok thanks guys specially badass bunny for the battle step tip Wink guess galaxy eyes is my new toy
Prince Vegeta
Prince Vegeta

Birthday : 1995-02-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down