Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Equip monsters being treated as spells/traps.

+2
kangtuji
deiske
6 posters

Go down

Solved Equip monsters being treated as spells/traps.

Post  deiske 2011-11-02, 06:25

Friend of mine says equipped monsters are treated as equip spells and or traps and can be used with release restraint wave and double cyclone. I think he's wrong.

So, can you?
deiske
deiske

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Equip monsters being treated as spells/traps.

Post  kangtuji 2011-11-02, 06:31

look up at trap monster text?

For example : Metal reflect slime
"After activation, Special Summon this card in Defense Position; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 10/ATK 0/DEF 3000). this card cannot attack. (This card is still treated as a Trap Card.)"

or zoma the spirit
"fter activation, Special Summon this card in Defense Postion; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1800/DEF 500). If this card is destroyed by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the monster that destroyed it. (This card is still treated as a Trap Card."

There should be you're answer lies beneath
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  deiske 2011-11-02, 06:35

An example would be dragunity equips.
deiske
deiske

Back to top Go down

Post  xXkillitwiththefireXx 2011-11-02, 06:39

kangtuji wrote:look up at trap monster text?

For example : Metal reflect slime
"After activation, Special Summon this card in Defense Position; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card (Aqua-Type/WATER/Level 10/ATK 0/DEF 3000). this card cannot attack. (This card is still treated as a Trap Card.)"

or zoma the spirit
"fter activation, Special Summon this card in Defense Postion; it is treated as an Effect Monster Card (Zombie-Type/DARK/Level 4/ATK 1800/DEF 500). If this card is destroyed by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the monster that destroyed it. (This card is still treated as a Trap Card."

There should be you're answer lies beneath

i think he's talking about "equip-monsters" like dragunity phalanx, not trapmonsters

answer:
yes they are treated as equip spells while they are on spell/trap zone so u can destroy them with mystical space typhoon or use release restraint wave or double cyclone
xXkillitwiththefireXx
xXkillitwiththefireXx

Birthday : 1996-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-02, 06:44

What he said is right, every monsters in the Spell/Trap Card Zone are consider Equip Spell Card (except for Toy Magician as far as I know).
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-11-02, 06:50

Oh in that case, yea, they're treated as equip spells Not monsters,

so cards like Big Wave Small Wave
"Destroy all face-up WATER monsters on your field. Then you can Special Summon WATER monsters from your hand, up to the same number of monsters destroyed by this effect."

Would NOT count card like a mermaid archer that being equipped (in s/t zone), because its no longer treated as monster

Mermaid Archer|Sea Serpent/Effect|Water|3||1200|200|
"Once per turn, you can equip 1 Level 3 or lower monster you control to this card. If you do, this card gains 800 ATK. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy the equipped monster instead. (You can only equip 1 monster at a time to this card.)"|

Once i've gotten tricked by opp using this that cost my battle silent
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-11-02, 12:12

Keep in mind that Monsters Equipped to another Monster don't have an effect unless stated that it gets an effect while equipped to a monster.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  ASOBITAI 2011-11-02, 16:46

BlackwingRa wrote:What he said is right, every monsters in the Spell/Trap Card Zone are consider Equip Spell Card (except for Toy Magician as far as I know).

You're forgetting about Crystal Beasts, which treat themselves as Continuous Spell Cards, as opposed to Equip Spell Cards.

ASOBITAI

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-02, 21:18

Yeah, forgot those.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down