Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Euclidean Forces - The Guide To Vylons

+4
Nicks016
AhhGoodTimes
OverlordMMM
Potus-Mat
8 posters

Go down

Euclidean Forces - The Guide To Vylons Empty Euclidean Forces - The Guide To Vylons

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-12-15, 04:21

All things in this Universe can be understood via mathematics, the language of reality. One of the foremost of these tongues is Geometry. The power of Geometry is true divinity. This is true power. This is the Vylon style.
The Plane Figures - Monsters:
The Higher Beings - The Boss Monsters:
The Constructs - The Spells:
The Visitors From The Material World - The Tech:
The Fist Book - Sample Decklists:

Last edited by Potus-Mat on 2011-12-17, 22:36; edited 1 time in total
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Euclidean Forces - The Guide To Vylons Empty Re: Euclidean Forces - The Guide To Vylons

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-12-17, 20:50

Can we have a sample decklist? All my builds seem to fall flat on its face (also, I'm slightly restricted for a card base because I can only use the WC 2011 game on the DS).
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Euclidean Forces - The Guide To Vylons Empty Re: Euclidean Forces - The Guide To Vylons

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-12-17, 20:58

I've always wanted to play Vylons. They look awesome and I like how they're the only ones to use Double Tuning other than Red Nova Dragon. Thx for making the guide.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-12-17, 21:25

Yay! People finally read my work! Sure, I shall try some sample decklists.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-12-18, 00:16

lol

I read most of the articles on here. I add my two cents here and there, but usually I stay reserved.

Also, would you mind working with me on my restricted set of cards? We can do this via pm, or in this thread since it is related. (DN doesn't like me, otherwise I'd make and test it here.)
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Nicks016 2011-12-20, 18:38

Just a little knowledge, did you know the Synchros are also based off of the letters of the Greek Alphabet? Also, Ohm is also one which is why it probably isn't a geometric shape. I like the complexity of the wording that you used in order to describe each one. Although, i don't think that Vylons can be played competitively yet due to all the back-row hate, they are an amazing archetype and a quite unique one on that note. I'd say this is probably one of the few Equip-Spell oriented decks that can actually work with enough dedication and effort. Sure, there are others such as Morphtronics, Guardian, and some individual cards, but none of them can stand up to the power that is the Vylons. Not to mention, I am half Greek so this kind of stuff has always been interesting for me. Hope to see more options from this thread! Smile
Nicks016
Nicks016

Birthday : 1995-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-12-20, 18:44

Your guide needs to say how many of the cards we should run.

The deck in the op is......... interesting. 9 monsters, and a bunch of spells...
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-12-20, 18:49

Nicks016 wrote:Just a little knowledge, did you know the Synchros are also based off of the letters of the Greek Alphabet? Also, Ohm is also one which is why it probably isn't a geometric shape. I like the complexity of the wording that you used in order to describe each one. Although, i don't think that Vylons can be played competitively yet due to all the back-row hate, they are an amazing archetype and a quite unique one on that note. I'd say this is probably one of the few Equip-Spell oriented decks that can actually work with enough dedication and effort. Sure, there are others such as Morphtronics, Guardian, and some individual cards, but none of them can stand up to the power that is the Vylons. Not to mention, I am half Greek so this kind of stuff has always been interesting for me. Hope to see more options from this thread! Smile
Obviously, I know. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Dasher, Prancer, Rudolph...
And, the funny thing about Vylons are that, even if the opponent runs triple MST, against a Vylon Equip Spell, it is always a -1 for them.
N Harmonia wrote:Your guide needs to say how many of the cards we should run.
That would be boring and dismissive. Cards are not inherently good or bad.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-12-20, 18:53

Have you ever read one of the good deck guides on pojo? They all say how many of each card you should run. Example: "Run 3" "Run 2-3" "Run 1-2" "Run 0-2" "Run 0"

It's not that hard....
Lovelace
Lovelace

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-12-20, 18:57

N Harmonia wrote:Have you ever read one of the good deck guides on pojo? They all say how many of each card you should run. Example: "Run 3" "Run 2-3" "Run 1-2" "Run 0-2" "Run 0"
It's not that hard....
I am not of the opinion that a guide should dictate what the deck should be. A guide is meant to make people aware of the possibilities of the archtype.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-12-20, 18:59

Potus-Mat wrote:
N Harmonia wrote:Have you ever read one of the good deck guides on pojo? They all say how many of each card you should run. Example: "Run 3" "Run 2-3" "Run 1-2" "Run 0-2" "Run 0"
It's not that hard....
I am not of the opinion that a guide should dictate what the deck should be. A guide is meant to make people aware of the possibilities of the archtype.

That doesn't mean you shouldn't let people know how many of cards to run in which builds. In your descriptions of the cards, it just looks like you are talking about math, and saying a little about what the cards do.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-12-20, 19:17

is it just my computer are is the decks slightly cut off D:
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Karakuri911 2011-12-20, 21:12

no mage power?
Karakuri911
Karakuri911

Back to top Go down

Post  inpachi 2011-12-20, 21:16

I LOOOOVEEEEEEEEEE the art on the Vylon Cards. Some of my favorite in the entire game.
inpachi
inpachi

Birthday : 1991-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2011-12-24, 16:59

Tested out my Vylon deck and it worked beautifully though I haven't gotten out Vylon Omega out yet (I'm guessing it requires a dedicated build not just any Vylon deck).
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down