Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's just a Children's Card Game

+12
kangtuji
{EX} TheVoid
Lovelace
Twilight Sparkle
LuzCeleste
DarkRiku
exiled_force
CheyMcFly
Eliwood
The Predator32
String
LegendaryFrost
16 posters

Go down

It's just a Children's Card Game Empty It's just a Children's Card Game

Post  LegendaryFrost 2011-12-16, 19:49

Alright here's the deal, too many DN people have this belief that since it's a fun game, they don't have to follow the rules. For example, I dueled some guy's Dragunity deck, and set MST and had a face-up Scrap Archfiend. Next turn, he reborns a previously destroyed Stardust Dragon, and then summoned Dux, when Dux equips Phlanax I MST it. Now at this point he says,"On second thought" then he sends SD to grave and says he will use Reborn on phlanax instead. Now if he had immediately switched the monsters summoned after using reborn, I wouldn't have cared cuz shit happens, but waiting till u see one of my face-down cards then wanting to replay a whole turn so that i allows you to get an unfair advantage is unfair. Now this is where it gets interesting, the same guy told me that it's just a children's game and I wanted the win badly(all before he rage-quit btw). In whatever case, a game has RULES, and even if it's fun, you follow them. You wouldn't honestly tell me that in a fun game of basketball, you would run without ever letting the ball touch the ground, in which case the game is no longer basketball. My question is why is it that ppl try to use the whole,"It's just a fun game so it doesn't matter when I do this" excuse? True that noobs will be noobs but this is fucking ridiculous.
LegendaryFrost
LegendaryFrost

Birthday : 1994-10-25

Back to top Go down

It's just a Children's Card Game Empty Re: It's just a Children's Card Game

Post  String 2011-12-16, 20:55

This is manual-simulation of YGO card game, and a Noob that u said just do what he did when duel iRL (not a Tournament one, just ordinary duel). While duel in Regionals, YCS, or other Tournament, redo a whole turn is not allowed. just put "no under 7 years old" in ur duel note.

Is it really just Children's card game?
Look at this:
Spoiler:
Then say to me if it's still a children's card game with a proof

String

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2011-12-16, 21:11

The games description on card boxes does say ages 4 and up. just sayin.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Eliwood 2011-12-16, 23:05

Children's card game?
Please, people lose their souls on a daily basis, this is a very important part of life.

Look at how many times those pieces of cardboard saved the world.
Eliwood
Eliwood

Birthday : 1992-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-17, 05:46

LegendaryFrost wrote:Alright here's the deal, too many DN people have this belief that since it's a fun game, they don't have to follow the rules. For example, I dueled some guy's Dragunity deck, and set MST and had a face-up Scrap Archfiend. Next turn, he reborns a previously destroyed Stardust Dragon, and then summoned Dux, when Dux equips Phlanax I MST it. Now at this point he says,"On second thought" then he sends SD to grave and says he will use Reborn on phlanax instead. Now if he had immediately switched the monsters summoned after using reborn, I wouldn't have cared cuz shit happens, but waiting till u see one of my face-down cards then wanting to replay a whole turn so that i allows you to get an unfair advantage is unfair. Now this is where it gets interesting, the same guy told me that it's just a children's game and I wanted the win badly(all before he rage-quit btw). In whatever case, a game has RULES, and even if it's fun, you follow them. You wouldn't honestly tell me that in a fun game of basketball, you would run without ever letting the ball touch the ground, in which case the game is no longer basketball. My question is why is it that ppl try to use the whole,"It's just a fun game so it doesn't matter when I do this" excuse? True that noobs will be noobs but this is fucking ridiculous.

Why so much swearing?
And some people are new to this game/ do not follow rules. I know in this case, you are saying that the guy said it's just a children's card game. And everyone who plays knows it is not. It takes a lot of strategy and though and effort, more than most children can handle. I just suggest less swearing. and maybe a screenshot to report the guy. And people do this just to be jerks, people are jerks in real life, hence you'll find some jerks online. Just try to enjoy the game, play fairly, and report anyone who isn't doing so
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Birthday : 1993-09-02

http://cheymcfly.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2011-12-17, 11:13

Just because the game has many levels and can become very complex doesn't mean it's not a children's game at it's conception. Case in point I know a 12 year old on DN who's a damn good duelist. And I was still in elementary school when Yugioh first came state side and was playing it (by the rules) back then. Most of us hated being underestimated when we were children. Don't underestimate the children of today.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Back to top Go down

Post  LegendaryFrost 2011-12-17, 12:42

My point is this, just because it is a game(a game originally made to please little kids for that matter) doesn't mean that ppl should just throw the rules out the window. As for the swearing, I sometimes naturally swear a lot :S
LegendaryFrost
LegendaryFrost

Birthday : 1994-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2011-12-17, 20:00

Eliwood wrote:Children's card game?
Please, people lose their souls on a daily basis, this is a very important part of life.

Look at how many times those pieces of cardboard saved the world.

I thought about this for a little while... Then lol'd at it. lol!
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-12-18, 05:03

The game is promoted for kids but is played seriously by teens and adults.

Plenty of exceptions to this but pretty much still the way it is.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-18, 14:38

LegendaryFrost wrote:My point is this, just because it is a game(a game originally made to please little kids for that matter) doesn't mean that ppl should just throw the rules out the window. As for the swearing, I sometimes naturally swear a lot :S

I agree and that's basically what i said :p
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-18, 14:57

I don't know a single kid that plays his game... It's too dang complicated.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-18, 16:34

LuzCeleste wrote:I don't know a single kid that plays his game... It's too dang complicated.

i see children and they usually run heroes or blackwings. and they always lose.
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2011-12-18, 18:39

LuzCeleste wrote:I don't know a single kid that plays his game... It's too dang complicated.

Then again you only know a limited amount of kids. As would any of us. And IDK i didn't find it complicated and i had to be like 12 when i first got into Yugioh. Admittedly there was much less variety to the game back then.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2011-12-19, 01:25

It's just a Children's Card Game 300px-MechanicalchaserSD10-EN-C-1E

The Predator32 wrote:

Then again you only know a limited amount of kids. As would any of us. And IDK i didn't find it complicated and i had to be like 12 when i first got into Yugioh. Admittedly there was much less variety to the game back then.

Oh my god... I remember those days...
The most badass monster was Summoned Skull, since he only required one tribute, and you could actually play Raigeki, and they didn't have a ban list like they do now... in fact, the rule book just listed Raigeki, Dark Hole, Monster Reborn, and Exodia(each of the parts)at being only able to have just one in the deck. And MechanicalChaser was the strongest level 4 monster, since it had 1850 atk, while La Jinn only had 1800. And Castle Walls and Reinforcements!!!! Don't get me started.
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2011-12-19, 01:39

exiled_force wrote:It's just a Children's Card Game 300px-MechanicalchaserSD10-EN-C-1E

The Predator32 wrote:

Oh my god... I remember those days...
The most badass monster was Summoned Skull, since he only required one tribute, and you could actually play Raigeki, and they didn't have a ban list like they do now... in fact, the rule book just listed Raigeki, Dark Hole, Monster Reborn, and Exodia(each of the parts)at being only able to have just one in the deck. And MechanicalChaser was the strongest level 4 monster, since it had 1850 atk, while La Jinn only had 1800. And Castle Walls and Reinforcements!!!! Don't get me started.

You forget Jurai Gumo. I never attacked with it but it was good for keeping others from attacking. And yes Summoned Skull was BEAST!!! Forget Blue eyes or Gaia Summoned skull was where it was at. If you summoned Blue eyes you put in WORK and you knew what a ritual was but never seen one in person lol. Also like 90% of your monsters were normal monsters instead of effect mons. ahhh the good ol' days lol.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-12-19, 01:46

CheyMcFly wrote:

i see children and they usually run heroes or blackwings. and they always lose.

Throws E-hero Neos card at you >,>'

Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-12-19, 02:07

The card game was not made for children and children only. The anime was directed towards children. "A childrens card game" is just some ####ing meme that came from yugioh abriged
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-12-19, 03:47

This game is actually directed more toward adults in Japan if I remember correctly. As an admin, I see people all the time who say to me "Dude you take this game way too seriously its just a game for little kids." when i tell them they dont know their rulings. Its just a trolls excuse, that unfortunately seems to run rampant.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-12-19, 03:55

We need a school/academy for educate them about children card game, while riding on motorcycles in space
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  CheyMcFly 2011-12-19, 04:02

kangtuji wrote:We need a school/academy for educate them about children card game, while riding on motorcycles in space
Challenge accepted
CheyMcFly
CheyMcFly

Back to top Go down

Post  Ultimate lol 2011-12-19, 04:12

I'm kinda disappoint. Nobody pointed out he could just negate Mst with Stardust

Ultimate lol
Ultimate lol

Birthday : 1990-12-16

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2011-12-19, 04:15

this game was indeed intended for children. Tied in with the manga/anime which were both targeted at children. However that does not mean ONLY for children. Old farts like myself who refuse to grow up and still read comic books and play video games are still more than welcome to play Very Happy . "Learned by children, mastered by adults." My new Quote when talking about things normally associated with younguns. Feel free to borrow it.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2011-12-20, 22:57

Ultimate lol wrote:I'm kinda disappoint. Nobody pointed out he could just negate Mst with Stardust

I'm here to point out you can negate MST with... Stardust!!!!!
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  inpachi 2011-12-20, 23:32

This game is like baby's first magic. It is not that complicated.
inpachi
inpachi

Birthday : 1991-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Bodybuildersa 2011-12-21, 00:32

anyone know s where chilli s at in atlanta?
Bodybuildersa
Bodybuildersa

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2011-12-21, 01:59

inpachi wrote:This game is like baby's first magic. It is not that complicated.

Neither is Magic. I actually found it easier than Yugioh.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-12-21, 03:19

inpachi wrote:This game is like baby's first magic. It is not that complicated.

Actually this game is easy to learn but hard to master. On the surface it is easy but as you dig yourself into it you really learn how complicated it can become.

Nothing childish about it.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-21, 03:27

I learned most by watching the Anime, then I started playing online, at first with automatic stuff like Joey the passion and the gba/ds games... But it wasn't till I came here that I started to see how complicated the game actually was... Now I just can't see kids playing this game outside of video games... Video games are automatic so it makes it easy.
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Occultdude17 2012-02-25, 05:19

Sorry if I'm necro-posting, but this seems like an interesting topic.

There are several reasons that children, and many non-children, do not play the game anymore. Here are the ones I've heard:

1. "If you don't run a Cookie-Cutter deck, you don't win."

This is an obvious game design flaw that Konami should have seen coming from the very beginning. Or maybe they did, and decided to capitalise on it. Either way, the fun of the game is its variety, and that factor is absent. It's not like Meta decks are even that good, I find they're easy to moderately difficult to squash in the hands of a less experienced player.

2. "It's too fast. Players summon, like, 5 monsters on their first turn and win."

Another flaw that Konami should have seen coming. Duels are most fun when they are back-and-forth, with the winning player doing so by a slim margin. Swarm tactics limit this feature.

3. "Synchros."

And, presumably, Xyz as well. Introducing these cards changed the basic rules of the game, as well as the basic focus. Plus, they are very archetype-specific. Old-school players are often intimidated by Synchro/Xyz monsters, or just feel that Konami has given up. If they'd made them a sub-group of the Fusion monster category, they might have been easier to integrate.

4. "GX, 5D's and ZEXAL suck."

Not strictly Konami's problem, but still something the powers-that-be should have seen coming.

5. "Ban List."

What can I say? People spend a lot of money on their decks. They will get upset if Konami trashes their hard work. Sure, cards like the Envoys, Raigeki and Harpie's might be too powerful for the game to be fair, but cards like "Pot of Greed" and "Change of Heart" don't make that much difference unless you have problems 1 and 2 as well.

6. "Yugioh's gay."

That might be Konami's fault, but I suspect it's because the teachers at my old school banned the game and encouraged the bullies to pick on anybody who still played outside of school (despite having been fans themselves).
Occultdude17
Occultdude17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down