Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unofficial Create a Card Competition

+12
Barricade
dragonsamurai77
Kakashi07
OverlordMMM
D-Shinkirou
AndreS6
AtlasEXE
Phoenix Wright
Lyoko15
Phraxure
storyteller
bobandjim
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unofficial Create a Card Competition Empty Unofficial Create a Card Competition

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-03, 15:07

This is a really fun game that I think everyone will enjoy. No real prizes or anything, but still tons of fun and it is a great way to improve your card design skills.

Well... rules...

1) Someone will be the head, and think up of a topic; "Leader"

2) People will post their card idea/s that fit that criteria the "leader" chose.

3) After either 5 or more people posted, or... a week has passed, whichever the leader likes, the leader will judge the entries declare a winner from the entries

4) The selected person will then act as the new leader, and the cycle goes on

5) If a leader hasn't made up his/her mind for a damn long time, anyone can judge the entries; but if you joined that contest, you can't vote yourself as the winner

criteria: Create a parasitic card: A card that degrades/drains another card to empower itself.

Example:

Draining Leech
Dark/Insect
2000 ATK / 2000 DEF

Effect: Pay 500 LP to decrease the ATK and DEF of a face-up monster by 500 and increase this mosnter's ATK and DEF by 500.

Note, it doesn't have to be ATK/DEF. it can be:

-discard/draw
-draw/put top card of deck to graveyard
-put card from deck to graveyard/put card from graveyard to deck
-lose LP/gain LP (Goblin Thief)
-destroy 1 monster/special summon (Dimension Magic)
-destroy 1 magic or trap/set 1 magic or trap (aka Dust Tornado)

any other similar theme

Judging will be

Creativity /10 (How unique/interesting your card is. Remember this is a CREATE a card competition)
Balance /10 (How fair your card is. I win you lose cards will get 0/10 obv.)
Relevance /10 (How much your card relates to the theme)
Wording /10 (Problem solving text preferred, -1 penalty for old wording. -1 penalty for each instance of improper wording. -.5 penalty for missed capitals commas etc.)

Future judges are free to edit the scoring system to fit their criteria. And go.

bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Create a Card Competition Empty Re: Unofficial Create a Card Competition

Post  storyteller 2012-01-03, 15:34

Yo. So you're moving this comp. over to DN as well?
Isn't it rather ironic to be so uncreative as to use the same criteria to start off with as the competition in XC?
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Unofficial Create a Card Competition Empty Re: Unofficial Create a Card Competition

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-03, 15:58

Why don't you be the judge for the first competition? You seem to have a good example of how it would work, so I'm guessing some sort of experience? Or you've just thought it out very well. Sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.
Phraxure
Phraxure

Birthday : 1997-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-03, 16:34

It is indeed very well thought out. But it wasn't him who thought it out.
A guy whose username is jetrison from another forum came up with it.
bobandjim just pretty much copied the entire first post from there.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-03, 17:02

I actively enjoy playing it on the other forum, so I though it would be fun to do here. Sorry if anyone is offended by the copy paste, but I figured it if wasn't broke, no need to fix it. Oh, and I was planning to be the first judge. Just waiting on entries now!
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyoko15 2012-01-03, 18:14

I think that I will enter first

Hidden Bug
LVL 1
Earth
ATK/100 Def/100
Insect/Effect

You can equip this card (from your hand) to one monster your opponent controls. A monster equiped with this card loses 100 ATK and DEF for each of your Stand-By Phases. If this card would be destroyed by an effect, return it to your hand instead.

Lyoko15
Lyoko15

Birthday : 1996-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-03, 19:01

I'm the current judge on the other forum. You entering this time, bobandjim? Razz

Bugged Trooper
EARTH 3*
Machine/Effect
400/400

Once per turn: You can choose a number from 1 to 3, then send that many cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard; this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this way, until the End Phase. When this card you control is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Your opponent draws 1 card.

Hardly original, but should be interesting.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-03, 20:15

absolutely, I like the theme there, just waiting for a burst of inspiration
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-07, 12:00

Judging some time on Monday.
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-07, 12:12

If it isn't to late for entries

Vampire Assassin

Earth/Level 6/Zombie/2000 ATK/1000 DEF

When this card is tribute summoned: destroy one monster on your opponent's side of the field. Then, send cards from your opponent's deck to the graveyard equal to the level of that monster to the graveyard. You can only activate the effect of "Vampire Assassin" once per duel
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlasEXE 2012-01-07, 18:27

Hmm, time for a shot in the dark.

Viral Data Harvester
DARK/Rank 6
Machine/XYZ/Effect
2400 ATK/2000 DEF

2 Level 6 Machine-Type Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Select 1 face-up monster on the field. Its effect is negated and Viral Data Harvester gains the effect(s) of the card negated by this effect.

I've always wanted to make a card like this for a long time.
AtlasEXE
AtlasEXE

Birthday : 1989-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AndreS6 2012-01-07, 18:37

Shadow Lord of Chaos
Lv.7
Dark/Effect
ATK:2700 DEF:1800
This card cannot be normal or tributed summon.You can only special summon by banishing 2 DARK monsters from your hand,grave and deck.When u special summon this card by this way,you can pay your half life points each time to destroy all cards of opponents field.At the 3rd end phase of your opponent this card is banished and cannot be used again.
AndreS6
AndreS6

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-07, 20:13

Pathogenic Nebulous
DARK/Fiend
0 ATK / 0 DEF

Effect: This card cannot be Normal summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special summoned except by its own effect. If your opponent controls a monster and you control no cards, you can Special summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Special summoned, take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and apply one of these effects:
  • The level of this card becomes the level of the selected monster
  • This card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the selected monster
Phraxure
Phraxure

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-09, 12:17

Judging in progress
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-09, 13:50

Six entries on the very first go round is fantastic, I hope all of you will continue to play. There were a lot of really good cards this time around, and I am very impressed with most of them. Wording issues hurt a few people so be very careful with that in future competitions, as it is the one category where you really can decide your score going into each competition. With that, judging below.

Create a card entries

Phraxure

Pathogenic Nebulous
DARK/Fiend
0 ATK / 0 DEF

Effect: This card (New Text specifies it as beginning with “Cannot”. “This card” is no longer needed) cannot be Normal summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special summoned except(Must be Special Summoned) by its own effect (and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways). If your opponent controls a monster and you control no cards, you can Special summon (Special Summon) this card (from your hand). When this card is Special summoned, (a : makes it new style wording) take control of 1 face-up monster your opponent controls and apply one of these effects:
• The level (Level is capitalized) of this card becomes the level of the selected monster
• This card gains ATK equal to the ATK of the selected monster

Creativity 7/10 (Tragodia on Steroids.)

Balance 5/10 (This is pretty powerful and extremely splashable. Gets you two monsters for almost no effort, and sets you up for an XYZ summon, Synchro Summon if you steal a tuner, or just massive beat down if you steal a boss monster)

Relevance 10/10 (Its power is very much dependent on what it leeches)

Wording 7/10 (, -1 penalty for some old style wording, -1 for mixed nomi text -.1 for missed caps)
Total 29/40

Andre S6

Shadow Lord of Chaos
Lv.7
Dark/Effect
ATK:2700 DEF:1800
This card cannot be normal or tributed summon. (Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set) You can only special summon (capitalize Special Summon) (Must first be Special Summoned ) by banishing 2 DARK monsters from your hand, grave (Graveyard) and deck (Deck). When u (you) special summon (Special Summon) this card by this way (When this card is Special Summoned by its effect: Pay half your life points; Destroy all cards your opponent controls) ,you can pay your half life points each time to destroy all cards of opponents field. At the 3rd end phase (End Phase) of your opponent this card is banished and cannot be used again.

Creativity 5/10 (Eh, we’ve had massive nuke the field monsters before. Most of them are Dark too.)

Balance 2/10 (Removing 6 monsters is a lot, but you get to nuke guaranteed because you never have too few Life Points to pay. Honestly if this things stays on the field long enough for the 3rd End Phase clause to kick in, you’ve done something wrong.)

Relevance 2/10 (Nuking the field does not equal parasitism)
Wording 4 /10 (, -1 penalty for old wording various other penalties in the text)

Total 13/40

AtlasEXE

Viral Data Harvester
DARK/Rank 6
Machine/XYZ/Effect
2400 ATK/2000 DEF

2 Level 6 Machine-Type Monsters

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Select 1 face-up monster on the field. Its effect is negated and “Viral Data Harvester” (self-reference needs quotes) gains the effect(s) of the card negated by this effect.

Creativity 6/10 (Kinda remeinds me of a very hard to summon Neo Spacian Dark Panther. I do like the name in relation to the effect though. There are about two pages of monster that can be used for this guy directly on DN, non of which lend themselves to special summons. Might work in a B.E.S./Big Cor deck)
Balance 10/10 (If you can get this out you deserve it, but you are still limited by whatever effects your opponent is giving you although you could use it to recycle a once per turn effect of your own monster at the cost of permanent negation.)
Relevance 10/10 (Very clear sense of depowering something to power itself up)
Wording 9.5/10 (Well done just one minor issue with quotes. Someone knows their wording)

Total 35.5/40

Phoenix Wright

Vampire Assassin

Earth/Level 6/Zombie/2000 ATK/1000 DEF

When this card is tribute summoned (capitalize Tribute Summon): destroy one monster on your opponent's side of the field. Then, send cards from your opponent's deck (capitalize Deck) to the graveyard (capitalize Graveyard) equal to the level of that monster to the graveyard (Graveyard). You can only activate the effect of "Vampire Assassin" once per duel

Creativity 9/10 (A zombie monarch to some extent, but takes into account existing yugioh vampire effects. Its is a very fair mix of old and new ideas. Searchable by Pyramid Turtle and Goblin Zombie, not to hard to get the effect to go off. )

Balance 10/10 (I almost think this card was too nerfed, but without actual play testing it is very hard to say. Tributing is a very fair cost for destroying a monster, and I would imagine the average mill would be about 3 to 4 cards (0 on XYZ I presume), with maximum at around 8 if it hits a BLS or Hyperion. Once per duel might not have been necessary, but could be game ending in zombie mill.)

Relevance 7/10 (The leeching element is present, but I felt you constrained yourself by sticking to existing yugioh vampire effecs (which I loved mind you) so the idea of power up the monster itself is a bit lost. I wouldn’t have minded seeing it get a 200-500 ATK boost for every monster/spell/trap/ whatever key card you want milled by the effect. That would have made the once per duel effect more reasonable.)

Wording 8.5/10 (Just missed capitals and I’m only counting Graveyard once. To check for these in the future use the deck constructor on DN to search for card featuring words you want to use and check capitalization, that’s what I do to judge.)

Total 34.5/40

Storyteller

Bugged Trooper
EARTH 3*
Machine/Effect
400/400

Once per turn: You can choose a number from 1 to 3, then send that many cards from the top of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard; this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this way, until the End Phase. When this card you control is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Your opponent draws 1 card.

Creativity 8/10 (Flipped Card Trooper on its head, I like. Perfect mix of hurting opponent and powering up. I love tie in stuff like this, but can’t give it full marks, just on the grounds that it almost literally the same card word for word.)

Balance 5/10 (On one hand you are giving your opponent free mills, which 9/10 they will thank you for, but what scares me most is machine duplication. You could mill 9 cards with that, making this very dangerous in a dedicated mill deck. I’d be willing to wager that the destroyed to give your opponent +1 card will very rarely come into play if the player can avoid it.)

Relevance 10/10 (I can totally see the theme relevance here. I loved this card one of my favorites from this competition.)

Wording 10/10 (Flawless. You’ve clearly done this before)

Total 33/40

Lyoko15

Hidden Bug
LVL 1
Earth
ATK/100 Def/100
Insect/Effect

You can equip this card (from your hand) to one monster your opponent controls. A monster equiped (equipped has two Ps) with this card loses 100 ATK and DEF for each of your Stand-By Phases. (This part is a little unclear, perhaps during each of your Standby Phases? Also it is Standby Phase, not Stand-By Phase. During your Stanby Phase: A monster equipped with this card loses 100 ATK and DEf.) If this card would be destroyed by an effect, return it to your hand instead. (If this card is destroyed by an effect: Return it to your hand)
Creativity 10/10 (Kinda reminds me of a slightly more recyclable Ekibyo Drakmord, except in monster form. The problem both these cards suffer from is destruction by game mechanic. Very few cards will stay on the field long enough for the drain from this card does much of anything.)

Balance 10/10 (This card could have been a spell or trap just as easily, but I doubt it would see much play.)

Relevance 6/10 (This does leech off of your opponent, but it doesn’t really power itself or anything else up.)
Wording 6/10 (Incorrect spelling twice and confusing wording once.-1 for old style wording)

Total 32/40

Well Award Time

1st AtlasEXE
2nd Phoenix Wright
3rd Storyteller

So AtlasEXE the next criteria is yours. If you don’t want to judge you have the right to pass it along to second place and so on. In the mean time let the games continue.
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-09, 15:12

oh wow, I totally forgot about Machine Dupe. Nice catch.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlasEXE 2012-01-09, 16:36

And here I though I had all the wording properly done. Ohh well, yay for winning the competition.

Since I get to judge next, the new theme will be:

A card that has different effects based off of certain conditions.

Take, for example:

Genex Ally Triforce
DARK/LV 7
Machine/Synchro Effect

1 "Genex" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card's effect depends on the Attribute(s) of its non-Tuner Synchro Material Monsters.
● EARTH: If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell/Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.
● FIRE: If this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the destroyed monster.
● LIGHT: Once per turn, you can select 1 LIGHT monster in your Graveyard and Special Summon it in face-down Defense Position.

The conditions can be anything, from the type of card used to tribute/synchro/fusion/etc summon a card to the number of a certain type of card on the field. The important part is that it has to have different effects based off of different conditions.

I will be judging using the same scoring system:

Creativity/10
Balance/10
Relevance/10
Wording/10

It's a bit more broader than bobandjim's theme, but I can't wait to see what cards you guys come up with.
AtlasEXE
AtlasEXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Phraxure 2012-01-10, 12:42

Interesting, will save this post for my idea.
Phraxure
Phraxure

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlasEXE 2012-01-10, 16:35

Sounds cool. I'll probably start judging next Monday, depending upon whether or not I get enough entries.
AtlasEXE
AtlasEXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-10, 17:16

Card Stalker

Dark Level 4 Fiend Attack 1400 Defense 500

When this card is Normal Summoned: flip one Spell or Trap card on the Field face up (Effects aren't activated at this time), then active the appropriate effect:

-Spell: Destroy the card flipped face up by this effect,
-Trap: Randomly discard 1 card from your hand
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Shinkirou 2012-01-10, 17:59

Hmm Imma Try Very Happy

Sealed Deity Fenrir
Dark Level 4 Fiend ATK 1900 DEF 1300

Cannot be set or flipped face down. You cannot change this cards battle position (Except with a card effect). This card cannot declare an attack. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. During the end phase of a turn a "Deity" card is removed from the field you can reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a "Deity" Card add it to your hand. If it is not banish it face down.

Note: Needless to say it is supposed to be an archetype. Razz

Last edited by D-Shinkirou on 2012-01-10, 18:54; edited 1 time in total
D-Shinkirou
D-Shinkirou

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2012-01-10, 18:08

Fraudulent Mystic
level 4/ Earth
1200 ATK
1700 DEF
Spellcaster/ Effect

Effect wrote:Once per turn, select one card in your opponent's hand and send it to the grave. Then apply the following effect depending on the sent card's type:
- Monster: Send one random card from your opponent's hand to the grave.
- Spell: Add one random Spell from your opponent's grave to your hand.
- Trap: Send one random card from your hand to the grave.
The effect of "Fraudulent Mystic" can only be activated once per turn.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Kakashi07 2012-01-10, 18:12

I just saw this and it sounds cool.
let me try this
Destiny HERO - Night Avenger
Dark/lvl 5
Warrior/Effect
atk 2300 def 2300
When 2 monsters you control are destroyed by you Opponent (Battle or card effect) while you have "Clock Tower Prison" or "Destiny HERO" monster on the field,then you can special summon 1 monster with a level equal to this card level from either players' graveyards.

Last edited by Kakashi07 on 2012-01-13, 06:20; edited 1 time in total
Kakashi07
Kakashi07

Birthday : 1992-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-10, 19:47

Ragnarok, End of the Aesir
DARK 10*
Fiend/Synchro/Effect
3000/3000

1 "Nordic" Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner "Nordic" monsters
This card's effect depends on its Synchro Material Monsters.
● "Nordic Alfar" monster: This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards.
● "Nordic Ascendant" monster: This card is unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards.
● "Nordic Beast" monster: This card is unaffected by the effects of other Effect Monsters.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-11, 12:30

Minerva, Librarian of the Sanctuary

10*
Light

Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect

T.G. Hyper Librarian + 1 Spell caster Monster

Must be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon with listed Fusion Material Monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
When a monster is Summoned to your side of the field: Activate one of the following effects based on the first letter of the name of that monsters.

• A-H; Pick up two cards from the top of your Deck. Add 1 to you hand and put the other on the bottom of you Deck.
• I-P; Draw and reveal 1 card. If it is a Spell Card: Draw 1 more card.
• Q-Z: Select 1 Monster Card in your Graveyard, and add it to your hand.

2900 ATK/ 3200 DEF

Here’s what’s been bouncing around in my head for a while. Don’t forget that summoning this think goes through a syncrho and a fusion summon to get this bad boy( girl?) on the field.

Last edited by bobandjim on 2012-01-12, 02:33; edited 1 time in total
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonsamurai77 2012-01-11, 12:46

Divine Servant
1*/LIGHT/Warrior/0/0

You can Special Summon this monster (from your hand) if you control a face-up DIVINE monster. If you do, it gains the following effect(s) depending on which monster(s) you control:

"Obelisk the Tormentor"- Special Summon one "Sacrifice Token" (Warrior-type/LIGHT/1-star/ATK 0/DEF 0), and Special Summon another identical Token during each of your Standby Phases, as long as this monster and "Obelisk the Tormentor" remain face-up on your side of the field.
"Osiris the Sky Dragon"- As long as this card and "Osiris the Sky Dragon" are on your side of the field, you are considered to have 2 more cards in your hand than you actually hold.
"The Winged Dragon of Ra"- Tribute this monster: gain 2000 Life Points. This turn, "The Winged Dragon of Ra" cannot be destroyed by card effects.

dragonsamurai77

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlasEXE 2012-01-11, 15:19

These look great so far. This could possibly be a close one.

Also, a friendly reminder: make sure you have all of the required information in your cards. Otherwise, I won't be able to give a balance score to the card, which can seriously impact your rating. You can edit your card anytime before Monday.
AtlasEXE
AtlasEXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2012-01-11, 15:58

D.W.H. Optoger
Light/LV 4
Beast/Effect
1901 ATK/ 1501 DEF

If your opponent has the card "Gates Of Darkworld" or "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" face-up on the field, you may send this card directly from the deck to the graveyard. While this card is Face-up or in the graveyard negate the effects of all Dark World monsters in the grave or on the field.

Ps. The "When this card is Face-up" May be just taken out completely.
Pss. Going to Try to make a duelist pack cause of this now
Barricade
Barricade

Birthday : 1995-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlasEXE 2012-01-15, 17:42

Since it seems we've got quite a few entries already and no one else seems to be going to post anything, I'm going to start the judging a day early. Hopefully, I should be done soon.

Edit: It's taking longer than I thought. I shall be done tomorrow though.
AtlasEXE
AtlasEXE

Back to top Go down

Post  AtlasEXE 2012-01-16, 19:12

Phoenix Wright
Card Stalker

Dark Level 4 Fiend Attack 1400 Defense 500

When this card is Normal Summoned: flip one Spell or Trap Card(The c in "Trap Card" is capitalized)) on the field (field is not capitalized) face-up (face-up has a hyphen in it) (Effects aren't activated at this time), then active the appropriate effect:

-Spell: Destroy the card flipped face-up(face-up has a hyphen in it) by this effect. Comma at the end should be a period
-Trap: Randomly discard 1 card from your hand. I'm assuming that the card is flipped face-down after this effect. Be sure to add that in.

Creativity: 5/10 (A De-Spell on legs with a penalty (for most decks anyways.) Nothing too groundbreaking.)
Balance: 8/10 (This thing would have no drawbacks in a Dark World deck. That said, the effect is not too powerful and you don't have a choice of what to discard, so it's relatively balanced)
Relevance: 10/10 (A clear case of different effects based on different conditions.)
Wording: 7/10 (-2 for capitalization, hyphen and punctuation issues and -1 for missing text)
Overall: 30/40

D-Shinkirou
Sealed Deity Fenrir
Dark Level 4 Fiend ATK 1900 DEF 1300

Cannot be set or flipped face down. You cannot change this card's (Need an apostrophe for a possessive)Battle Position (Battle Position is capitalized) except with a card effect (This part doesn't need to be in parenthesis). This card cannot declare an attack. This card cannot be destroyed by battle. During the End Phase (End Phase is capitalized) of a turn a "Deity" card is removed from the field:(Activation conditions are denoted with a colon You can reveal the top card of your deck. If it is a "Deity" card,(need a comma here and "card" is not capitalized here) add it to your hand. If it is not,(Same deal with comma) banish it face down.

Creativity: 7/10 (Interesting combination of effects. A card that cannot be destroy by battle that cannot be placed in DEF position without the help of another card is quite interesting.)
Balance: 7/10 (The balance of this card would depend highly on how this card would work with the rest of the Deity archetype. As a conditional card drawer, it seems relatively balanced, though there are already plenty of cards with the world "Deity" in their name.)
Relevance: 10/10 (Perhaps not worded like some of the other cards on the list, but it's definitely there.)
Wording: 6.5/10 (-1 for improper wording of activation conditions among other penalties.)
Overall: 30.5/40

OverlordMMM
Fraudulent Mystic
level 4/ Earth
1200 ATK
1700 DEF
Spellcaster/ Effect

Once per turn, you can (Ignition Effects require the phrase "you can" select one random(I'm assuming it's a random card, otherwise, the balance on this card would shoot straight to zero) card in your opponent's hand and send it to the graveyard. (The proper term is graveyard.) Then apply the following effects(effect here should be plural) depending on the sent card's type:
- Monster: Send one random card from your opponent's hand to the graveyard.
- Spell: Add one random Spell Card(Spells in this case are referred to as Spell Cards) from your opponent's graveyard to your hand.
- Trap: Send one random card from your hand to the graveyard.
The effect of "Fraudulent Mystic" can only be activated once per turn.

Creativity: 7/10 (Interesting take on the sending to the graveyard mechanic.)
Balance: 3/10 (Even if you do hit a trap card, the effect only becomes a 1 for 1, which gets rid of a potentially deadly trap. More often than not, you'll hit a monster or a spell card, which will either make an easy -2 for your opponent or a +1 for you. Overall, a very powerful effect with no cost and a minor penalty if you do hit the wrong card)
Relevance: 10/10 (Clear indication of different effects for different conditions)
Wording: 6/10 (Various improper terminologies and -.5 for a missing plural)
Overall: 26/40

Kakashi07
Destiny HERO - Night Avenger
Dark/lvl 5
Warrior/Effect
atk 2300 def 2300
When 2 monsters you control are destroyed by you opponent (either by battle or by card effect)(Opponent is not capitalized. Also, fixed destruction conditions text.) while you have "Clock Tower Prison" or "Destiny HERO" monster on the field: (Activation conditions must use a colon) you can Special Summon (Special Summon is capitalized) 1 monster with a Level equal to this card's Level from either player's graveyard (Fixed this phrase up as well).

Creativity: 5/10 (Another card whose purpose is to pull stuff from the graveyard, even if it is rather restrictive. Though you do get some extra points for allowing the potential to pull a card of any level.)
Balance: 10/10 (Even if you changed this card's level, this card's effect is at the mercy if your opponent's actions. This card I think is balance well for what it can do.)
Relevance: 1/10 (Sorry, but this thing only has one effect. Even it's condition can easily be met by this card, thus making it redundant.)
Wording: 7/10 (see above)
Overall: 23/40

storyteller
Ragnarok, End of the Aesir
DARK 10*
Fiend/Synchro/Effect
3000/3000

1 "Nordic" Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner "Nordic" monsters
This card's effect depends on its Synchro Material Monsters.
● "Nordic Alfar" monster: This card is unaffected by the effects of Trap Cards.
● "Nordic Ascendant" monster: This card is unaffected by the effects of Spell Cards.
● "Nordic Beast" monster: This card is unaffected by the effects of other Effect Monsters.

Creativity: 8/10 (Seems to take after the Genex Ally Triforce example I used, though the effects for each of the Synchro Materials is appropriate.)
Balance: 10/10 (It's definitely going to take some work to give this thing full immunity to effects, though it's not impossible, nor is this thing impossible to overpower by sheer brute force.)
Relevance: 10/10 (Clear indication of different effects for different conditions)
Wording: 10/10 (Absolutely flawless)
Overall: 38/40

bobandjim

Minerva, Librarian of the Sanctuary

10*
Light

Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect

T.G. Hyper Librarian + 1 Spellcaster (It's "Spellcaster, not "Spell caster") Monster

Must be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon with listed Fusion Material Monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways.
When a monster is Summoned to your side of the field: Activate one of the following effects based on the first letter of the name of that monster. (Unnecessary plural, since "monster" in this case is singular)

• A-H: Pick up two cards from the top of your Deck. Add 1 to you hand and put the other on the bottom of you Deck.
• I-P: Draw and reveal 1 card. If it is a Spell Card: Draw 1 more card. (Colons are used for conditional effects like these, but I chalk this up more to a typo, since you did it correct below)
• Q-Z: Select 1 Monster Card in your Graveyard, and add it to your hand.

2900 ATK/ 3200 DEF

Creativity: 10/10 (Brilliant use of having different effects based on different conditions.)
Balance: 9/10 (Can be easily summoned using Cyber Magician, T.G. Rush Rhino and Miracle Synchro Fusion. Also, its fusion material monsters aren't hard to find in many decks (T.G. Hyper Librarian and Effect Veiler are at least semi-staples). That said, it has no built in protection, which makes it a red hot target for any and all destruction effects. This card would need some further playtesting to see how easy it is to summon and make it explode.)
Relevance: 10/10 (Very clear example of different effects from different conditions)
Wording: 8.5/10 (Some minor issues with typos, but otherwise well-worded)
Overall: 37.5/40

dragonsamurai77

Divine Servant
1*/LIGHT/Warrior/0/0

If you control a face-up DIVINE monster; You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). (Conditions for conditional SS cards go first. also, its "Special Summon this card, not "Special Summon this monster") If you do, it gains the following effect(s) depending on which monster(s) you control:

"Obelisk the Tormentor"- Special Summon one "Sacrifice Token" (Warrior-type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK 0/DEF 0) (It's "Level 1", not 1-star), and Special Summon another identical Token during each of your Standby Phases, as long as this card (When a card refers to itself like this, it's "this card" not "this monster" and "Obelisk the Tormentor" remain face-up on your side of the field.
"Slifer the Sky Dragon" (I know the English name is an ego trip for 4Kids, but if the card is printed in English, you have to use the Official English name)- As long as this card and "Slifer the Sky Dragon" are on your side of the field, you are considered to have 2 more cards in your hand than you actually hold.
"The Winged Dragon of Ra"- Tribute this monster: gain 2000 Life Points. This turn, "The Winged Dragon of Ra" cannot be destroyed by card effects.

Creativity: 9/10 (Egyptian God support is rather rare to come by, and this thing compliments each of their effects quite well)
Balance: 10/10 (Even if the Egyptian Gods are easier to summon these days, you still need them on the field for this card to have some use. Supports them just enough without making them too powerful)
Wording: 5/10 (Several improper wordings, see above)
Overall: 34/40

Barricade
D.W.H. Optoger
Light/LV 4
Beast/Effect
1901 ATK/ 1501 DEF

If your opponent has the card "The Gates of Dark World" (Wrong card name) or "Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World" face-up on the field:(Activation conditions are denoted with a colon you can(Optional effects are denoted with "you can") send this card directly from the deck to the graveyard. While this card is face-up on the field(face-up is not capitalized. Also, denote where it is face-up) or in the graveyard, [b](comma needed) negate the effects of all "Dark World" (specific card types are in quotes) monsters in the grave or on the field.

Creativity: 1/10 (Rather blatant Dark World hate. I'm not sure why you chose to give 1 extra attack and defense point to its stats though.)
Balance: 3/10 (As a side deck card, it is too fast, too searchable and too hard to get rid of for a card that is designed to shut down a certain deck type.)
Relevance: 3/10 (Just because one effect is conditional to activate doesn't make it an example of a card with different effects based on different conditions.)
Wording: 5.5/10 (Several for improper wording, though one for a needed comma)
Overall: 12.5/40

Final Standings:

1st: storyteller (38/40)
2nd: bobandjim (37.5/40)
3rd: dragonsamurai77 (34/40)

Winner: storyteller.

Congratulations storyteller. You can either judge the next round or defer it to the person in second place.
AtlasEXE
AtlasEXE

Back to top Go down

Post  Barricade 2012-01-16, 20:44

Last place, Awesome.

Anyways its good to know what ive done wrong, plus i can barely edit anything on the posts now for some reason
Barricade
Barricade

Birthday : 1995-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-17, 00:22

As for bobandjim's card, I will guarantee it is easy to summon. I run a deck I call T.G. Spellbane which runs T.G.s, Supreme Arcanite Magician, and Miracle Synchro Fusion. Arcanite's summoning condition is pretty much the same, if a littler more lenient.

I won by wording Razz
As bobandjim knows, I failed really bad in keeping up with judging on the other forum last time, so I'm reluctant to judge here, but... passing the baton back to bobandjim seems rather uninteresting.

I'm going to take a comp I liked from the other forum.

Make 3 cards, including 1 ace monster. They are, obviously, expected to work together somehow.
Each card can only have 1 effect.
You will be DQ'd if you stray from the criteria.

The judging criteria I will use:

Wording/5 (I don't like placing emphasis on wording, though it obviously needs some work)
Balance/10
Usefulness/10
Creativity/10
Synergy/2 (1 pt for synergy within the 3 cards, 1 pt for synergy with existing cards)

Example:
Deadman Wonderland
Field Spell

Monsters in the Graveyard gain 200 ATK for each monster in its controller's Graveyard.

One Foot in the Grave
Equip Spell

The equipped monster is also treated as being in its controller's Graveyard.

Deadman Morphing
DARK 8*
Zombie/Effect
0/0

Once per turn: You can target 1 monster in either player's Graveyard; this card's original ATK becomes the selected monster's ATK.

Yes, I realize these cards break a few rules. Who cares? Have fun. Go.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-17, 00:32

Pagliacci the clown

Earth/Tuner/Level 3/Warrior/1400/200

When this Monster is changed from Attack Position to face-up Defense Position: Special Summon 1 "Clown" monster from your graveyard in face-up defense position.

Clown Call

Spell/Normal

Add 1 level 3 or lower "Clown" monster to your hand

Alfredo, King of Clowns

Synchro/Level 9/Warrior/2800/0

1 "Clown" Tuner+ 2 or more non-tuner "Clown" Monsters

When this card is changed from Attack Position to face-up Defense Position: Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2012-01-17, 02:08

Are we allowed to add conditions to any of these cards' effects?
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-17, 02:29

A stand-alone condition will count as an "effect".
You can add conditions to an effect, yes.

BTW, the judging will be applied to each card in each entry. Don't slack on any one, or it'll drag your score down a lot...!
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Shinkirou 2012-01-17, 07:07

I looked up Deity cards currently in the game. All but the flamvel 1 (Which requires fire cards) are for the venom cards something of which this card won't easily synergize with (From my outlook that is).

I'll keep this in mind, but I don't have time to enter my card Ideas today Neutral

Got some time lets see what I can do. (Oh and By my understanding you don't care for the rule book just like the rest of exsistance?) Gues I'll use this page to further my card set ideas Razz.

Forming the Seal

Counter Trap

Activate only when your opponent activates a spell or trap card effect while you control a "Deity" card. Negate that card's effect(s) while it is on the field.

Crystal Shards
If you control 1 or more "Sealed Deity" cards: Draw 2 cards, then discard 1.

Deity Guardian Alexander
Lv 4 Light Machine/Effect ATK/500 DEF/2100

While this card is face-up on the field "Deity" cards cannot have their ATK, or Def changed.

Please notify me if these infringe on the rules...

Last edited by D-Shinkirou on 2012-01-22, 22:40; edited 1 time in total
D-Shinkirou
D-Shinkirou

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-22, 01:10

Jack of Spades

Level 5

Earth
Warrior/Effect

When this card is Tribute Summoned; Special Summon 1 “Ace of Spades” from your Deck.

2500/1300

Ace of Spades

Level 5

Earth

Warrior/ Effect

When this card is Tribute Summoned: Special Summon 1 “Jack of Spades” from your Deck.

2500/1300

Black Jack
Rank 5
Warrior/XYZ/Effect

Once per turn: You can detach 1 XYZ Material from this card; draw 1 card and discard 1 random card from your opponent’s hand.
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-01-27, 18:29

Well if storyteller never shows up again, I'll call AWOL judging and declare a winner so that the game can keep going.
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-27, 19:45

Well, considering there's only 3 entrees, there isn't much to judge ._.

I guess I'll do it sometime tonight.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-28, 14:57

Phoenix Wright 85/111

Pagliacci the clown
Earth/Tuner/Level 3/Warrior/1400/200
When this card is changed from Attack Position to face-up Defense Position: Special Summon 1 "Clown" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position.

Wording 3/5 (Minor capitalization mistakes and wrong word)
Balance 7/10 (Makes for interesting rank 3 Xyz combos with Stumbling. Can also summon Alfredo, but nicely balanced since it does so in DEF)
Usefulness 10/10 (Not splashable, but very powerful in clown control)
Creativity 5/10 (average clown control trigger + search effect)
Synergy 2/2

Clown Call
Spell/Normal
Add 1 level 3 or lower "Clown" monster to your hand.

Wording 5/5
Balance 10/10
Usefulness 10/10 (Not at all splashable, but definitely useful)
Creativity 2/10 (well, you probably guessed this score was going to be low)
Synergy 2/2

Alfredo, King of Clowns
Synchro/Level 9/Warrior/2800/0
1 "Clown" Tuner+ 2 or more non-tuner "Clown" Monsters
When this card is changed from Attack Position to face-up Defense Position: Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field

Wording 5/5
Balance 8/10 (Not too hard to summon with Pagliacci, and a relatively balanced eff)
Usefulness 8/10 (field nuke that's not likely to survive past first use off eff)
Creativity 6/10 (again, not overly creative)
Synergy 2/2

D-Shinkirou 66/111

Forming the Seal
Counter Trap
Activate only when your opponent activates the effect of a Spell or Trap Card effect while you control a "Deity" card. Negate that card's effect(s) while it is on the field.

Wording 2/5 (-1 for old wording)
Balance 10/10 (While it is balanced...)
Usefulness 1/10 (There is such a thing as being too balanced. With only 3 Deity monsters, this card is not at all useful)
Creativity 7/10 (mini-fiendish chain for S/T)
Synergy 0/2 (While they do support Deities, there is little "synergy" going on)

Crystal Shards
If you control 1 or more "Sealed Deity" cards: Draw 2 cards, then discard 1.

Wording 5/5
Balance 9/10 (Deity DW ftw?)
Usefulness 1/10 (There is "Seald Deity" cards in existence. The only way to use this card would be with DHERO DD)
Creativity 4/10 (Mini-Graceful Charity)
Synergy 0/2

Deity Guardian Alexander
Lv 4 Light Machine/Effect ATK/500 DEF/2100
While this card is face-up on the field, "Deity" cards cannot have their ATK or Def changed.

Wording 5/5
Balance 9/10 (Powerful DEF for a lv 4, and fodder for Eltanin)
Usefulness 4/10 (Vennommonga would die without ATK modification. Not too useful)
Creativity 4/10
Synergy 0/2

bobandjim 66/111

Jack of Spades
Level 5
Earth
Warrior/Effect
When this card is Tribute Summoned; Special Summon 1 “Ace of Spades” from your Deck.
2500/1300

Wording 5/5
Balance 5/10 (A single tribute 2500 ATK that SS another from Deck. The Sacreds summon from the hand, and they don't even have 2500 atk).
Usefulness 8/10 (total of 5000 ATK for a single Tribute is something)
Creativity 5/10 (feels like Sacreds)
Synergy 1/2 (no synergy with existing cards)

Ace of Spades
Level 5
Earth
Warrior/ Effect
When this card is Tribute Summoned: Special Summon 1 “Jack of Spades” from your Deck.
2500/1300

Same as above, except further -2 for creativity.

Black Jack
Rank 5
Warrior/XYZ/Effect
Once per turn: You can detach 1 XYZ Material from this card; draw 1 card and discard 1 random card from your opponent’s hand.

Wording 0/5 (Missing materials, ATK/DEF)
Balance 6/10 (hard to tell without stats/materials, but a +2 per detach is pretty powerful)
Usefulness 8/10 (again, hard to tell without stats/materials)
Creativity 6/10 (not overly new)
Synergy 0/2 (supported by above two, I assume, but does not support them back).

Phoenix Wright wins.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-29, 14:13

Theme: Cards that involve players interacting with each other (Ex: Yu-Jo Friendship)

Balance/10
Usefulness/10
Creativity/10
Synergy/2
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  LoudKid 2012-01-30, 03:10

Mad Hatter
EARTH/Fiend/Effect
ATK 1000 DEF 1000

During your Main Phase: You can send one card from your hand to the Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard.
When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect: Target one wearable item (article of clothing or accessory) you are wearing and one that your opponent is wearing, and offer that you will both switch those wearable items, and wear them for the remainder of the duel, then apply the appropriate effect (Wearable items that have already been switched using this card's effect cannot be targeted.);

-If your opponent accepts: Both players switch and wear the selected wearable items for the remainder of the duel; This card cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects while it remains face-up on the field. This card cannot be destroyed by battle.

-If your opponent rejects: Destroy this card.

If your Life Points are less than or equal to half of your opponent's Life Points, and you have no cards in your hand, your opponent must accept the offer. This card cannot be used as Synchro Material or Xyz Material for the Special Summon of a Synchro Monster or Xyz Monster. This monster cannot be Tributed.
The effects of "Mad Hatter" can only be used once per turn.

Lol. This card would be very... 'situational'... ;3

Also: Meklords :O

Last edited by LoudKid on 2012-01-30, 04:59; edited 6 times in total
LoudKid
LoudKid

Birthday : 1989-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2012-01-30, 04:10

^that card is going to make every male duelist fear dueling a female duelist.
...unless they are into crossdressing, that is.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  LoudKid 2012-01-30, 04:49

I'd have no problem dueling a girl who uses that card. Well... winning might be a problem.... >Total Perv< Also, what's wrong with cross-dressing? It's just silly, not something to be afraid of. Neutral Swapping clothes with a sweaty unkempt person, however..... pale

I wanna see someone wear a bunch of silly/awesome hats or whatever, that the opp will WANT to wear, to a tourny and use this card. XD
LoudKid
LoudKid

Birthday : 1989-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post  D-Shinkirou 2012-01-31, 21:35

Lol I will trade you 5 tins of cards for 3 copies of that card lol.

As for the comments on usefulness and my cards I have changed the word Deity to Genju in my cards so now (To my knowledge) they do not have any synergy out side of them selves and other cards I create on the page or others (That specifically being why I stated I would use the competition to expand my custom card set).

Regarding this weeks comp I will admit defeat to the awesomeness of the mad hatter.
D-Shinkirou
D-Shinkirou

Back to top Go down

Post  bobandjim 2012-02-01, 01:32

Capitalism

Spell Card

Both players banish 1 monster card face-down from their deck. Then both players reveal the banished monster; the player who revealed the monster with the lowest level adds that card to their hand. If both cards have the same level; inflict 1000 to both players.

Competition, drives down prices, but if it drops too low, then there is a recession.
bobandjim
bobandjim

Back to top Go down

Post  satsu.ariefu 2012-02-07, 07:21

Let me try :/

Roshambo Dragoon
Lv. 5
LIGHT/Warrior/Effect
ATK/2200 DEF/700

When this monster Tribute Summoned, challenge your opponent to a Rock-paper-scissor game. Based on the outcome, apply this effect.
● Win by using Rock: Special Summon 1 Level 5 or Lower Normal Warrior-type monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position. It cannot be used as Synchro Material Monster.
● Win by using Paper: Select 3 Spell Cards from your Deck, banish it. During the 2nd End Phase after this effect resolves, your opponent pick one of the banished card, add it it to your hand. The rest of the cards are then sent to the graveyard.
● Win by using Scissor: Destroy 1 face-up card you control, then your opponent discard 1 random card to the Graveyard.
● Lose: This card lose 500 ATK.
● Draw: Re-do the Rock-paper-scissor game.

----

I dont know about rules of the card lore wording -_-
satsu.ariefu
satsu.ariefu

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-07, 07:29

I'll give it to the end of the week for more entrants
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Reza-D'killernumber1 2012-02-08, 09:38

Supreme Neos Master knight

Light/effect/fusion
lv 12
Attack 4000 / DEF 4000

5 "Neo-Spacian" monster + "Elemental hero - Divine neos" + "Elemental hero neos"
This card cannot be special summoned except with is own effect. if "Elemental hero - Divine Neos" is destroyed. You can removed from play the above card (From hand,field or graveyard) and special summon this card from your extra deck. if this card is special summoned, Removed from play all card in either player graveyard then inflict 500 damage for each "Elemental hero" monster or "Neo-spacian" is removed from play by this card effect.

----

God of the element, Shi Ra

Light/effect
lv 12
ATK 3000 / DEF 3000

This card cannot be normal summoned or set. This card cannot be special summoned except be removing 6 monster with different attribute from your hand or grave. this special summon cannot be negated. if this card is summoned, Destroy all card your opponent control. Once per turn, You can remove from play 1 monster on the field then inflict double damage to your opponent equal to the attack of the monster that removed from play. then you can special summon 1 monster from your deck with the same level as the removed from play monster.

_________________________________________________________________________________
The effect are very very broken lol!
Reza-D'killernumber1
Reza-D'killernumber1

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-02-08, 20:33

No double posting, and follow the rules given.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next