Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HTML 5

5 posters

Go down

HTML 5 Empty HTML 5

Post  silentsteve 2012-01-10, 16:20

have you guys put any thought into recoding dn into html5 & js instead of flash?

silentsteve

Back to top Go down

HTML 5 Empty Re: HTML 5

Post  Adept VantageSP 2012-01-10, 16:29

Can you elaborate more on this? Also, I doubt it.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  silentsteve 2012-01-10, 16:56

i just mean is it possible to redo the dueling part as html 5 animations and javascript rather than flash. Recently theres been a big push to move away from flash. Google and adobe have released tools to convert flash to html and javascript. I was just wondering if that was possible and an option. Also would doing this, if it were possible, make the game run smoother and use less resources (cpu, memory) and such?

silentsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Miley Syrus + 2012-01-11, 09:18

I don't see any big push like that happening as it isn't really needed at this point in time.
Miley Syrus +
Miley Syrus +

Birthday : 1991-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Neon Cross 2012-01-11, 09:26

Miley Syrus + wrote:I don't see any big push like that happening as it isn't really needed at this point in time.
Maybe so, but Adobe Flash isn't being praised anymore and have been getting hit with many negative comments about how unsecure and buggy it is. HTML5 is slowly taking over, and it will happen since Adobe is even on board with the HTML5 move after years of trying to say Flash is better.

But like you said, probably won't happen soon since Adobe Flash is still active.
Neon Cross
Neon Cross

Back to top Go down

HTML 5 Empty For Mobile users

Post  Harvest Lee 2012-02-18, 17:56

Miley Syrus + wrote:I don't see any big push like that happening as it isn't really needed at this point in time.

The main thing is to eventually make it so that we can play WELL on Ipads, and Iphones, because apple doesn't run flash, but is ok with html 5.

Right now my dad's android honeycomb Can play dueling network, but the flash is not as great as playing it on a laptop or desktop, Because the size is way small for the interface that was not designed for mobile.

Its just a suggestion that if you would have time to make html5 for DN, you could kill two birds at the same time. By going the route of HTML5 DN could expand its audience, Players, ad space, and the Game overall.
Harvest Lee
Harvest Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  silentsteve 2012-02-18, 21:06

i was thinking about making an html5 version but i would have to learn javascript first. Or Jquery. Not to mention, do i really want to put all the effort into it? All i would personally want to make it a more automated game, like in the video games.

silentsteve

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvest Lee 2012-02-18, 21:18

Well no one is implying that it be done all at once. The internet itself is slowly moving towards it. Not to mention people have lives or are in school. Its just a thought or a long term hobby goal with benefits to all. I'm just adding to the insight if BLS or others are interested, and this is certainly not a demand since we're all already enjoying their services for free.
Harvest Lee
Harvest Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Harvest Lee 2012-02-18, 22:34

Harvest Lee wrote:

The main thing is to eventually make it so that we can play WELL on Ipads, and Iphones, because apple doesn't run flash, but is ok with html 5.

Right now my dad's android honeycomb Can play dueling network, but the flash is not as great as playing it on a laptop or desktop, Because the size is way small for the interface that was not designed for mobile.

Its just a suggestion that if you would have time to make html5 for DN, you could kill two birds at the same time. By going the route of HTML5 DN could expand its audience, Players, ad space, and the Game overall.

quoting myself for correction I mean to say so it can work better on Androids that currently can run DN right now using flash, and for IOS to start having the ability. Either way HTML5 should be able to bring everyone together.
Harvest Lee
Harvest Lee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down