Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Swap Frog vs Macro Cosmos

2 posters

Go down

Solved Swap Frog vs Macro Cosmos

Post  Jojos091 2012-01-14, 14:22

Hi,

I know this is a very stupid question, but since an admin (Harper7000) contradict me, I need to have a confirmation.

Swap Frog
You can discard 1 WATER monster to Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card is Summoned, you can select and send 1 Level 2 or lower Aqua-Type WATER monster from your Deck or your side of the field to the Graveyard. Once per turn, you can return 1 monster you control to your hand to Normal Summon 1 "Frog" monster, except "Swap Frog" or "Frog the Jam", in addition to your Normal Summon or Set this turn.

Macro Cosmos
When this card resolves: You can Special Summon 1 "Helios - The Primordial Sun" from your hand or Deck. While this card is face-up on the field, any card sent to the Graveyard is banished instead.

My opponent controls a face-up Macro Cosmos. I summon Swap Frog. Can I activate Swap Frog effect and send a Level 2 or lower Aqua-Type WATER monster from my deck to banish zone ?

Both my opponent and the admin said I could not use its effect, because Swap frog specially designate graveyard.

Can I use the effect or am I wrong ?

thanks

Jojos091

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Swap Frog vs Macro Cosmos

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-01-14, 14:29

Yes you may use the effect assuming you Normal Summoned Swap Frog. In this case monster would be Banished. Only costs that specify that a card can't be sent to graveyard can't be payed while Macro Cosmos/Banisher's are Face up any effect that would send something to grave will simply banish the card.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojos091 2012-01-14, 14:34

Actually, I special summon it, but it is the same. At least, next time, i hope this will be enough to proove i'm right.

I know everybody can make mistakes, but the fect that a card that is sent to grave is banished insteed is one of the bases of YuGiOh.

Topic can be closed, unless someone else has something to add

Jojos091

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down