Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dark World Perfection

+4
jabber2033
minervx
ownnator
Luck>Skill
8 posters

Go down

Dark World Perfection Empty Dark World Perfection

Post  Luck>Skill 2012-01-20, 23:50

Dark World Perfection Aqg7I

Monsters

I've been testing this deck for a long, long time. This is the most competitive deck I've ever built.

One thing that may concern some players is the absence of dragged down/sided mind crush.(The side deck can use a little work.) Also, the presence of black luster soldier seems odd, especially with only 2 lights in the deck.

First, I'll start with tourguide. It is a great staple for most decks, but it is GREAT in darkworld. Here are the reasons:

1) Is capable of special summoning Brow.

2) Capable of special summoning sangan - which can search for raven/other tourguides/brow.

3)The DW field card/DaD removes from play cards. Tourguide can instanty special summon selected banished cards. In a way, she can sometimes be a monster reborn. It works great when you discard snow, remove snow, search for grapha, discard grapha and destroy an opponents card, special summon snow from being banished, then bounce back for grapha and save snow for reuse. That combo leave an opponet begging for mercy. Levier can toggle banished cards for reuse back into the grave. Tour guide also has all the advantages it gives to a regular deck too. (+1/instant 2500 beatstick/zenmaines defense.)

4) Hey... its a fiend typed monster.

Moving on to the DW portion of the deck, 3 grapha + 3 snow + 3 gates is considered standard. Hopefully, no explanation if needed there. Brow was decreased to 2, being that tour guide easily searches him if he is needed. Brow's primary job in this deck isn't to increase speed, although he has that ability if absolutely needed. His job is to be a normal summmonable DW for grapha, and to be a target for tourguide. 3 of him is not needed.

Beiige is and silva! Beiige is there of course because he is both a normal summonable AND a special summonable target for grapha. The reason I chose silve over gold is because hand destruction is more important in this deck than field destruction. This deck is already made to dominate the field, whereas most DW decks are built around a combination of the two, but mostly focusing on the hand. Silva is also there incase you need a way to get a certain monster in the grave. He is also a 2600 beatstick that doesn't cost a summon when your field card is on the field.

BLS

Again - 3 tourguides are able to search sangan. Sangan is able to search raven. The odds are in your favor that you will get atleast 1 of these cards ether with (in opening hand) or before you draw BLS. Wtih gates/snow/morhingjar/cardestruction/brow all thinning the deck, summoning this card is never a problem. It also supports the tourguide/gates banish engine.

Spells

Most of the spell line up is standard. The only thing that one may find interesting is the darkworld lightning. This card is here because it is able to be searched when needed by snow, and is a GREAT card. I tested it at 2, but there are too many chainable spells/traps like MST. I hate flip effects, and this card takes nice care of them.

Traps

Standard lineup here as well. I used to use dark smog at 1 as a tech, but it is very, VERY effective against the meta. It is a chainable trap that can mess up just about ANY play when combined with grapha. With grapha, it can also be used on your opponents end phase like an MST. GREAT card against monster reborn, heavy storm, synchro decks, light sworns, inzektor, chaos, TG, windups,dragon, and just about ANY deck. The only thing that would make this card better would be if it were called "Dark World Smog" or "Smog of the Dark World".
Luck>Skill
Luck>Skill

Back to top Go down

Dark World Perfection Empty Re: Dark World Perfection

Post  ownnator 2012-01-31, 00:32

O.O This is by far one of the better dark world decks I've seen, and I do end up playing DW a lot. Heck, being on the DN right after the structure deck hit was enough to make me a decent judge. I run DW too, and there's two additions I'd make. Both of these are personal preference, because of the way I like to run the deck.
Oddly, I use one fabled cerburrel in my deck. It's never that Intrusive, and it ends up saving me more than I'm willing to admit. Just for sake of example, if you've got an opponent with a field full of high level monsters (especially synchro, this pisses my friend off sooooo much), you can discard cerburrel and beige to get out brionac, and return a good 2-3 cards to hand/extra deck with brio's effect. Then you have the benefit of a normal summon afterwards, or before, if you need a discard outlet.
Next, I run illumiknight, for somewhat obvious reasons. (sometimes I get lucky and discard 3 beiige first turn >:3). He also makes a good card to banish for black luster when he's in the grave.
These are just two suggestions, and they definitely help me out in some very specific situations. What do you think?

ownnator

Back to top Go down

Post  minervx 2012-01-31, 05:33

with 3 gates and 2 smog, gorz is situational

minervx

Back to top Go down

Post  jabber2033 2012-01-31, 22:24

minervx wrote:with 3 gates and 2 smog, gorz is situational
I agree. Loose Gorz for a third Broww. Broww, Snoww, Grapha, and The Gates should be maxed out in any DW build. They add consistency.

Also do this:

-1 BLS
-1 Morphing Jar
-1 DW Lightning

+3 Dark World Dealings / Dragged Down into the Grave

My reasoning is that you need more discard outlets. BLS is dead without Raven and you might not even draw it. Morphing Jar can help your opponent as well. DW Lightning is decent, but a lot of traps are chainable these days. Dragged Down also makes a nice combo with Mind Crush
jabber2033
jabber2033

Back to top Go down

Post  mido9 2012-02-01, 05:02

Misleading title.
mido9
mido9

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-01, 10:09

its not Herald of Perfection, thought a Dark World mix Herald Perfection Sleep
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjustjosh 2012-02-01, 15:40

RareHunter wrote:its not Herald of Perfection, thought a Dark World mix Herald Perfection Sleep
same, mayb veilers make bls better
itsjustjosh
itsjustjosh
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1980-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-01, 16:40

-Silva
+1 Trans Archfiend
+1 Beiige

-DAD
+1 Trans Archfiend

-2 MST
+1 DW Lightning
+1 Broww

-1 Chaos King Archfiend
+1 Dark Highlander

-Keeper of Genesis
+leviar

Why would you side 3 iron wall in dark worlds? how would you use the field spell
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down