Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter)

+3
IMJuly
Lilly232
DJLab
7 posters

Go down

Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter) Empty Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter)

Post  DJLab 2012-01-31, 18:02

Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter) KJSis

No idea how to make this write up exciting so gonna be a plain normal decklist w/ possible strategies/plays. Love this deck BTW. Officially my fave archetype now.

Monsters(20):
3 Wind-Up Dog
2 Wind-Up Magician
3 Wind-Up Soldier
3 Wind-Up Warrior
3 Wind-Up Shark
3 Giant Rat
3 Cyber Dragon

Spells(11):
3 Wind-Up Factory
3 Pot of Duality
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Heavy Storm

Traps(9):
2 Threatening Roar
2 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgement
2 Dimensional Prison
2 Bottomless Trap Hole

Extra(15):
1 Dborak the King of Heavy Machinery
2 Ardeus, Keeper of Armageddon
2 Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
2 Number 61: Volcasaurus
1 Vylon Disigma
1 Number 16: Shock Ruler Conqueror of Colors
2 Number 39: Utopia
1 Steelswarm Roach
1 Daigusto Emeral
1 Gem-Knight Pearl
1 Wind-Up Zenmaister

Shark is the main engine for reaching your rank 5's quickly in one turn. Always get shark with Factory if you have none. Try also saving soldiers for damage output/reserve level 5 material and use dog and warrior for that.

Magicians should be kept alive as long as possible if they are summoned at the start of the game. They enable ridiculous spamming combo'd with shark and factory.

Now for what Rank 5 XYZ's when...Tiras is great against high destruction decks like inzectors or the dreaded Absolute Zero. Also simple to just drop (Only if you have a factory to warrant eff usage) first opening to bypass potential traps or just trigger them immediately. Ardeus completely kills field spells and continuous cards (except skill drain of course, the bane of this deck), also pesky stall monsters to lessen the harassment you receive from them or to harass you opponent back (dragunities anyone?). Volcasaurus is for the beasts you just can't get over due to their attack being too high or to deal with swarms.

Getting Vylon Disigma and Shock Ruler is pretty easy with one level 4 wind-up and 2 sharks (remember for possible factory set ups)/one level 4 wind up in hand/field, 1 magician in hand/field and 1 shark in hand (use shark eff and get magician to ss another level 4). The latter one benefits Factory so this is the better combo to set up for maintaining a hand advantage.

Also Wind-Up Shark is so cute~ Look at it!
Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter) 300px-WindUpShark-ORCS-EN-SR-1E

For those wanting a rank 3-5 one there you go hand traps et al (still no hunter):
Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter) 3Fpv4

Last edited by DJLab on 2012-02-01, 07:38; edited 2 times in total
DJLab
DJLab

Birthday : 1991-04-13

Back to top Go down

Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter) Empty Re: Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter)

Post  Lilly232 2012-01-31, 19:26

The breif guide of one of the most hated decks on DN XP
Lilly232
Lilly232

Back to top Go down

Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter) Empty Re: Keys to the XYZ (Wind-Up Deck w/o Hunter)

Post  DJLab 2012-01-31, 20:43

Lilly232 wrote:The breif guide of one of the most hated decks on DN XP

Wrong version. it's the one that makes level 3's that is more of a threat
DJLab
DJLab

Back to top Go down

Post  IMJuly 2012-01-31, 23:06

Rabbit is an amazing card I would suggest looking into using it.
IMJuly
IMJuly

Birthday : 1993-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  mido9 2012-02-01, 04:30

Yknow,most modern wind up players dont even use a gilasaurusXtourguideXspell striker spam deck and just tech in a hunter for a random alternate win condition next to random OTKs and xyz turboing.

I WOULD go all out with advice but since you disregarded the flexibilty of wind ups to be able to do rank 3/4/5 with extreme ease all in the same deck im out of advice.
mido9
mido9

Back to top Go down

Post  DJLab 2012-02-01, 07:03

mido9 wrote:Yknow,most modern wind up players dont even use a gilasaurusXtourguideXspell striker spam deck and just tech in a hunter for a random alternate win condition next to random OTKs and xyz turboing.

I WOULD go all out with advice but since you disregarded the flexibilty of wind ups to be able to do rank 3/4/5 with extreme ease all in the same deck im out of advice.

*sigh* Not even a little on this deck composition...It's too easy to make the rank 3 decks. I have them and tons but I wanted to update the wind-up decks made before the discovery of the "Hunter-Rat-Zenmaity" loop. Also hunter is only good in the loop. Tributing a monster to take out a card in the opponent's hand is a one for one (-1 your monster +1 less card in opponent's hand) so teching it in an XYZ focused deck it doesn't work. the focus is on XYZ eff's with level 4's and 5's.
DJLab
DJLab

Back to top Go down

Post  mido9 2012-02-01, 07:56

DJLab wrote:
mido9 wrote:Yknow,most modern wind up players dont even use a gilasaurusXtourguideXspell striker spam deck and just tech in a hunter for a random alternate win condition next to random OTKs and xyz turboing.

Also hunter is only good in the loop. Tributing a monster to take out a card in the opponent's hand is a one for one (-1 your monster +1 less card in opponent's hand) so teching it in an XYZ focused deck it doesn't work. the focus is on XYZ eff's with level 4's and 5's.

Then you arent doing it right,you're doing it horribly wrong.

(Good)Wind up decks run triple rat with (usually) hunter and X number of rabbits since opening shark + magician is hunter loop and enough to leave you +6 with your opponent's hand near empty and the rats in themselves are free rank 3s with shark,rabbit and other rats as targets,you really dont need to dedicate to it to make it work since the rats in themselves add versatility and should be run in triplicates in any wind up deck anyway.
mido9
mido9

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-01, 09:05

so u r gonna make the "Skilled" Wind-Up deck? duelist nowdays more prefer "auto-pilot" ones than "Skilled" ones. "Skilled" one not competitive in this 3rd Era (after Chaos era - where Inzecter, wind-up auto-pilot, Rabbit Laggia everywhere)
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mido9 2012-02-01, 10:40

RareHunter wrote:so u r gonna make the "Skilled" Wind-Up deck? duelist nowdays more prefer "auto-pilot" ones than "Skilled" ones. "Skilled" one not competitive in this 3rd Era (after Chaos era - where Inzecter, wind-up auto-pilot, Rabbit Laggia everywhere)

>Implying wind up xyz spam is skillful.
mido9
mido9

Back to top Go down

Post  DJLab 2012-02-01, 10:58

mido9 wrote:Then you arent doing it right,you're doing it horribly wrong.

(Good)Wind up decks run triple rat with (usually) hunter and X number of rabbits since opening shark + magician is hunter loop and enough to leave you +6 with your opponent's hand near empty and the rats in themselves are free rank 3s with shark,rabbit and other rats as targets,you really dont need to dedicate to it to make it work since the rats in themselves add versatility and should be run in triplicates in any wind up deck anyway.

I didn't want to run rat+rabbit but I made a different deck with them to make you happy (it's below the Picture of wind-up shark).
In my opinion you either go rank 3's or rank 5's and I chose rank 5's. The fact that you can't respect that show your lack of innovation in deck building. I've made decks out of an engine/engines I like so I chose the level 5 engine. It isn't up to you and critique an engine as wrong as people were using it before rat. You need to realize that this is not meant to be META. It was not supposed to be generic. It's not that hard to make the level 3 deck work cause we know it does. I'm trying to make this one work.
DJLab
DJLab

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2012-02-01, 20:33

Sorry as much as I respect and admire your creativity it is just dumb not to run hunter in 2nd deck. I never liked when someones refuses to use good cards cause other people can't stand loosing to them.

Last edited by Badass_Bunny on 2012-02-02, 19:30; edited 1 time in total
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackShadowX 2012-02-02, 04:04

Badass_Bunny wrote:Sorry as much as I respect and admire your creativity it is just dumb not to run hunter in 2nd deck. I never liked when someones refuses to use good cards cause other people can't stand loosing to them.

Agreed not using a card due to others not liking it is stupid.If ppl hate windup they dont care how u use them they will still think u will use the hunter loop.

By the way Add a cyber fortress in extra helps against karakuris and gadgets
BlackShadowX
BlackShadowX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down