Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise

4 posters

Go down

Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise Empty Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-02, 17:45

I. Introduction :

Ritual monsters have been part of the game since it's early stages. They may seem to be dead, especially when compared to other more practical monsters, but makes up for fun casual decks. The one I'll talk about in this thread is monster that used to be a respected force and still can be part of decent decks : Demise, King of Armageddon.

II. The boss of Demise :

Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise 300px-Demise%2CKingofArmageddonDR04-EN-SR

This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "End of the World". You can pay 2000 Life Points to destroy all cards on the field, except this card.

The boss monster of the deck and the one we will build around. A pseudo-JD effect : Pay 2000 to blow-up everything but this monster. This effect enables a lot of OTK possibilites and make this card arguably the best ritual in the game.

III. Decks and variants :

While we know that it's an OTK card at heart, it can be used in a lot of decks that have the same goal (OTK or die !) but different methods to get there.

In here, I'll talk about the possible variants to use Demise in.

DemiseTown:

DemiseInsect:

DemiseGaia:

DemiseChaos:

Demise&Pals:

DemiseLightVanilla:

DemiseJama:

DemiseHolyMark:

IV. Ending :

Thanks to all of those who read this article. While Demise decks aren't primed to dominate the meta or come close to the top, they can put up a solid fight and are good casual decks at the very least.

More decks may be added to the article so stay tuned for updates... or don't Laughing

Last edited by MrChillmatic on 2012-02-13, 13:02; edited 3 times in total
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise Empty Re: Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-02, 18:22

What are your thoughts on holy marked demise?
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise Empty Re: Destroy and hit : A guide to Demise

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-02, 21:46

how about DemiseJama? not only summon Demise but also summon Obelisk in 1 turn? Ritual monster isnt dead at all (Herald of Perfection tooped 32 in YCS KC) The tiitle should be like this, "End = 2000: A Guide to Demise"
For a Ritual deck gallery, you could check my thread too

EDIT: my build in Demise variant:

demise insect:
Chaos - Demise:

Last edited by RareHunter on 2012-02-02, 22:18; edited 2 times in total
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-02, 22:07

Though kinda of a weaker version of DemiseGaia there's Demise HEROs which uses Miracle Fusion and Dark Calling along the normal Elemental HEROs.

And maybe talk about pure non-OTK Ritual builds with Demise. I find that with stand alone Ritual decks you should be running 2 Ritual Monsters so as to not run out of options. Demise seems to go the best with Zorc, Garlandolf (both add to the destruction theme and allow you to run Contact with the Abyss) and Northwemko (immune to Demise's effect when combined with Citadel). And don't forget about the Djinns.

Anyway Demise along with Relinquished, Herald of Perfection and Evigishki Zeal Gigas are probably the best and most competitive Rituals in the game. Thanks for taking the time to make this guide. In 2012 too. Great timing lol.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-02, 22:21

AhhGoodTimes wrote:Anyway Demise along with Relinquished, Herald of Perfection and Evigishki Zeal Gigas are probably the best and most competitive Rituals in the game.
in other words those are called Elite Four in Rituals
RareHunter
RareHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-03, 06:08

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I'll add more variants.

I assume DemiseJama uses Tri-Wright to provide tribute fodder for Obelisk ? Never heard of it.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-03, 09:23

MrChillmatic wrote:I assume DemiseJama uses Tri-Wright to provide tribute fodder for Obelisk? Never heard of it.
Ofcourse u never heard it. u r meta minded tournament. Meta minded never look how broke Tri-Wight is. (u really need view my Ritual Deck Gallery)

- activate ARA, select Demise
- semd 4x Level 2 normal monster (Ojama for <3)
- summon Demise, clear field
- activate Tri-Wight, spec summon 3x Ojama
- Tribute 3x Ojama, summon Obelisk.
- Voila! 1x Demise and 1 God on field, and opponent field is clear
RareHunter
RareHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-03, 10:15

RareHunter wrote:Ofcourse u never heard it. u r meta minded tournament. Meta minded never look how broke Tri-Wight is. (u really need view my Ritual Deck Gallery)

- activate ARA, select Demise
- semd 4x Level 2 normal monster (Ojama for <3)
- summon Demise, clear field
- activate Tri-Wight, spec summon 3x Ojama
- Tribute 3x Ojama, summon Obelisk.
- Voila! 1x Demise and 1 God on field, and opponent field is clear

Meta tournament minded ? If anything I'm the total opposite of it. I don't play IRL and could care less about tournaments.

I know the basic idea of the deck, just saying that I've never heard of it. It seems inconsistent, especially when adding Obelisk too. I'll test it before putting it. Thanks for the idea.

Oh, I saw your ritual gallery, I just haven't commented on it before. I will do later tho.

By the way, I've updated the article with more decks. I'll try to add others to it.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-03, 18:37

Completely relying on Tri-Wight is a bad idea considering it's only 3 out of 40 cards. Since it's inevitable that you'll have a few normals in your hand Faustian Bargain, Creature Swap and Creature Seizure would have to be added. Pretty much the concept of my Lycanthrope deck. Advanced Ritual Art to dump normals for massive burn damage and the mentioned cards aloing with Tri-Wight to beat the hell out of my opponent.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-04, 05:44

AhhGoodTimes wrote:Completely relying on Tri-Wight is a bad idea considering it's only 3 out of 40 cards. Since it's inevitable that you'll have a few normals in your hand Faustian Bargain, Creature Swap and Creature Seizure would have to be added. Pretty much the concept of my Lycanthrope deck. Advanced Ritual Art to dump normals for massive burn damage and the mentioned cards aloing with Tri-Wight to beat the hell out of my opponent.

The build I made is decent, albeit a little bit inconsistent. I just took his idea and made a deck out of it.

I have BLS & Junk Synchron to take advantage of all those Ojamas in the grave.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-13, 13:02

Phoenix Wright wrote:What are your thoughts on holy marked demise?

I missed this post the 1st time. I'll tell you that I have no experience with this new archetype, but after some research, I've came up with this build.

I don't know if it's good since it's untested as of now.

OP updated. Any other variant that I'm not aware of and that I can add to the guide ?
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down