Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

quit option take out or leave but edited

+3
Red_Chaos
[S]tarstrike
-GubGub
7 posters

Go down

quit option take out or leave but edited Empty quit option take out or leave but edited

Post  -GubGub 2012-02-03, 08:51

i've duled over 200 duels and about 150 of those duels people jsst quit because they dont like the deck i used or they they lost or rage or just so u wont get any rep

this cause too much abuse for new players who r trying to gain rep for card sleeves as i made a new acc for my friend to test this theory out

out of 10 duels 2 people only admitted deefeat while the rest quitted we did suffer 2 losses

note they then say during duel soemtimes mental abuse by saying im not gona admit defeat so u cant gain rep and they just sit their i call and admin then they just quit othertimes they rage and then quit or just quit just because

thier is no point they still suffer a loss but at the same time i dont get any rep for the duel i originally won... people should learn to take a loss like a man and admit defeat or if a person is annoying them to hell take the loss quitting is the same thing and their is no point for it

i have been in alot of duels and too many people just abuse that button

besides their is no such thing as quit in the world of yugioh u just surrendor resulting a loss .... really people why is their a quit option when people r just gona abuse it? too me and a few other players that r new to thia game their duel experience r ruind by people who just frikin quit

u really should have just only have admit defeat as it acts as surrender and both a loss already... while quit really has no meaning or point except maken the winner not gain any rep / mental damage... as more people quits when a player wins the more they say this game really sux, in return can lose the ammount of people u have on, thus lose more potential doners

for people that say this isn't true actually take a moment and think... the quit option is only their for as another ass button, incase some-one was being a cheater, or an ass and u didnt want to deal with it no more, thus maken his rep not move... it is not intended for use at any time just because the person deck is so noobish that it beats urs or if u cant take a loss like a man

if u really want a quit option then at least have it gain u 1 rep if not then just take it out completly since today more and more players r just gona abuse this button and not press admit defeat

remember this..... their is really no such thing as a quit in the world of yugioh their is only stop the game from progressing or surrrendor witch is a loss either way

Last edited by -GubGub on 2012-02-03, 09:24; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

-GubGub

Birthday : 1990-03-15

Back to top Go down

quit option take out or leave but edited Empty Re: quit option take out or leave but edited

Post  [S]tarstrike 2012-02-03, 09:50

And not a single period was found this day.

Anyway, I've brought that point up before. I think this is how it should be done...

If two people are in a duel and someone wants to quit, they can press it but if Admit Defeat hasn't been pressed first, the person quitting loses the rating/rep and the opponent gains their rating/rep.

The only problem with this is people who will just close the browser/tab JUST so someone can't have rep. That's why I just think it should work the same for anyone who leaves the duel before Admit Defeat has been pressed. However, the problem with that is people with bad internet who legitimately disconnect on accident.

Just no winning, really. But, I do think the first part of my suggestion would help some, if any.
[S]tarstrike
[S]tarstrike

Birthday : 1989-09-20

https://www.facebook.com/ryderjj89

Back to top Go down

quit option take out or leave but edited Empty Re: quit option take out or leave but edited

Post  Red_Chaos 2012-02-03, 11:57

[S]tarstrike wrote:

However, the problem with that is people with bad internet who legitimately disconnect on accident.

this is a big reason why i rarely duel in rated becuase my interent dies between 10-10:30 at night like clockwork and it even happends at school at the same time D;
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-03, 12:44

k someone forgot without quit button people can just close their browsers/ disconnect

if those 2 out of 10 admit defeat make a list with those names and keep dueling

eventually your list will grow and youll have many players to duel with who wont quit

i think thats the only way to get to duel more people wholl admit defeat
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  lordofpoison 2012-02-03, 20:28

UR EGO must be very fragile if you can't take a few rages and quits.. Oh yea EVER heard of DISCONNECTION? It happens when you lose ur internet dueling network can't tell the diffirence between a quit and disconnection so they count both as a quit.. And if the quit button is edited You can just close ur browser.. or even turn off ur comp/laptop face-it your always going to deal with ragers online NOWAY of escaping them..

lordofpoison

Back to top Go down

Post  plsgiveme500k 2012-02-04, 00:07

If you play DotA at my religion, you will find out that many DotA player at my religion will do what the other say when they are going to lose... they disconnect their connection to make the other player think that they leave the game because of disconnection... This act we call it "PP" (Pull Plug) in my religion...

And, DN is a website, means quitting will be more easier to them...
You can just click the "X" button on top right side of the page...
Then click "Leave Page" button...
Congratulation!! you quit the game without admit defeat...

Problem? Admit Defeat button?
plsgiveme500k
plsgiveme500k

Birthday : 1994-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  lordofpoison 2012-02-04, 12:35

plsgiveme500k wrote:If you play DotA at my religion, you will find out that many DotA player at my religion will do what the other say when they are going to lose... they disconnect their connection to make the other player think that they leave the game because of disconnection... This act we call it "PP" (Pull Plug) in my religion...

And, DN is a website, means quitting will be more easier to them...
You can just click the "X" button on top right side of the page...
Then click "Leave Page" button...
Congratulation!! you quit the game without admit defeat...

Problem? Admit Defeat button?
OR you could trun off your computer or laptop..

lordofpoison

Back to top Go down

Post  -GubGub 2012-02-05, 00:35

really bout internet dcs their r ways to figgure out the difference if a person actually dc to a person just pressing the x button Smile in my cases i have played games where u cant press the x button but thats if the game is in a diff window playin off of that so their r ways next theyll just pull the plug in many cases i do know bout dc players but if u think about how many people dc at the end of the game when ur lp hits 0 or u deck out or lose by exodia or some eff chances r not many i have also sugested a dc timer incase of an acual dc it takes 1-2 min for a dc player to coem back on and if the player didnt coem back then they auto lose simple Smile but peopel say theyl abuse the timer i mean come on its a frikin countdown from 2min to 0 really only think i can think of for that is theyll jsut log back in dc log back in dc to abusethetimer then if that happens have a multiple dc counter max of 2 dc per game or soemtin before auto loss is accecpted

their is really no excuse for a dc player if u have a dc timer of max of 2min but yea thats besides the point

their r ways u can code to rpevent the use of of the x button Smile certian browser games will prevent the use

if anything if they did have a dc timer the act of xiting or power off or anythign of that nature will then be counted as a dc thus theyll have a max of 2 min to rejoin the duel thus they can still take out the quit option or edit it

-GubGub

Back to top Go down

Post  lordofpoison 2012-02-12, 19:28

-GubGub wrote:really bout internet dcs their r ways to figgure out the difference if a person actually dc to a person just pressing the x button Smile in my cases i have played games where u cant press the x button but thats if the game is in a diff window playin off of that so their r ways next theyll just pull the plug in many cases i do know bout dc players but if u think about how many people dc at the end of the game when ur lp hits 0 or u deck out or lose by exodia or some eff chances r not many i have also sugested a dc timer incase of an acual dc it takes 1-2 min for a dc player to coem back on and if the player didnt coem back then they auto lose simple Smile but peopel say theyl abuse the timer i mean come on its a frikin countdown from 2min to 0 really only think i can think of for that is theyll jsut log back in dc log back in dc to abusethetimer then if that happens have a multiple dc counter max of 2 dc per game or soemtin before auto loss is accecpted

their is really no excuse for a dc player if u have a dc timer of max of 2min but yea thats besides the point

their r ways u can code to rpevent the use of of the x button Smile certian browser games will prevent the use

if anything if they did have a dc timer the act of xiting or power off or anythign of that nature will then be counted as a dc thus theyll have a max of 2 min to rejoin the duel thus they can still take out the quit option or edit it
2 DC per duel..? tht's not fair to those (like me) who disconnect often... basically what u are saying is tht people with bad internet should get punished...... and i rely dont think bls could make a system like that it would take loads of itme i assume.... not tht i would know of course.

lordofpoison

Back to top Go down

Post  skielinfiniti 2012-02-12, 21:07

Quitting a duel is not abusing the Quit Button. In fact, the very notion of "abusing" the Quit option is almost laughable, although I mean no disrespect to your complaint.

A Quit still counts as a loss. In some cases, I've heard quitting makes you lose MORE rating than if you Admit Defeat (not confirmed).

The only thing a person quitting "deprives" you of is Exp, 1 per duel. It has been brought up before, and noted that you're still gaining for your win, just not the Exp.

Honestly, if people specifically and explicitly quit so you don't get Exp, then they're obviously trolling you and the fact you're upset means they're succeeding.

Now back to the term "abuse" the Quit Button. Do you recall the days of A.S.S.? THAT was an abused feature. If someone lost the duel, they'd often hit ASS and penalize the winning player by sapping 5 Rep(Exp) in exchange for a loss and 3 of their own Rep. It was unfair and it was abused constantly, to the point that it was a (temporary) bannable offense to use it without reason.

Quitting, by contrast, is hardly abusable. It doesn't penalize the other player.

And if we got rid of the ability to quit a duel, ragequit or genuinely justified, then people will still find a way to be a poor sport as mentioned by other posts here. And then we'd also have to reconsider the fact the Admit Defeat button awards the loser with 2 Exp, since if that was the only option, the system would make no sense at all.

Likewise, it's hard to justify penalizing people for quitting because it could have been a legit disconnect, and there's even a screen to warn you that quitting will cost you the duel and rating. The only consequence to your opponent is they don't get an Exp, which is admittedly a fairly arbitrary value.
skielinfiniti
skielinfiniti

Back to top Go down

Post  -GubGub 2012-02-13, 16:39

for people who r totaly focused on geting rep the oen that gets u duel sleeves its a big issue i dont mind getting a loss or a win its jsut when people quits it makes my goal hella harder

and for people who dcs often a duel last between 10-30 maybe an hr a dc timer would be a nice option since itl help u not get a loss

the dc ammount of dc conenctions would be good to keep others from abusen the option

if they truly want to make people stop just pressing the x button the only way is to make this game a web browser game and like i said before their really shouldnt be a quit option it dont make since

quitting is a loss admiting defeat is a loss u have 2 loss options and their is no such thing as quit in yugioh my point is that in every yugioh game or anythign that has to do with yugioh has surrender witch eans admit defeat and if u quit u surrenderd witch means admitted defeat

just saying i could care less about the win or losses since they gain me card sleeves point

but when people quit just because thats abuse

if peopel quit just cause ur deck killed theirs thats abuse

if they quit so u wont gain crap - thats abuse

if peopel find out ur usen a really noobish deck that takes no skill and quits- thats abuse

the only tiem its not abuse is if ur opp is an ass or is afk or u have soem type of dispute

and besides if people just use the x button they can code it to recognize it as a loss really theirs is no way around it

-GubGub

Back to top Go down

Post  skielinfiniti 2012-02-13, 22:22

You may have missed the primary difference between "abuse" of Quit and "abuse" of the ex-A.S.S. feature. I can't help but think you're making a bigger deal out of people ragequitting than necessary, especially since you still get the spoils of victory (but not a single exp point).

Abuse of Quit does not penalize anyone. You still get the win. They still get the loss. You still gain rating. They still lose rating. But no one gains or loses Exp for the duel.

A.S.S., when it was around, penalized the person being "reported" for Anti-Sportsmanship behavior by sapping them by 5 rep, often just because the loser felt spiteful about it. There was little to no way to monitor this activity being abused.

But with Quit, it's not abuse, it's just being a ragequitter at worst. I can definitely agree it's annoying and kind of puts a damper on your victory or the duel result in general, but you're not actually losing anything from them doing this.

Now, for the record, I was collecting Exp a few months ago for the epic Chaos Emperor Dragon sleeves. People quitting instead of Admitting Defeat was annoying because it delayed me by 1 point, but I also knew that if I lost my duel, I should always admit defeat because I'd gain 2 exp (plus, even if I "ragequit", I still do so by admitting defeat because I don't like just quitting). Eventually, the line between win/lose stopped bothering me, because I'd gain something regardless of the outcome. Either rating (opp quit), rating + 1 exp (opponent admit), or 2 exp (I lose).

Overall, almost every site or game has a method to leave or surrender before the conclusion, and you just take the consequences of your action while your opponent is (usually) still rewarded for their triumph.
skielinfiniti
skielinfiniti

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down