Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone good at dream interpretation?

4 posters

Go down

Anyone good at dream interpretation? Empty Anyone good at dream interpretation?

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-13, 18:14

Every now and then I have dreams of near death situations, and if I do, it's frequently, then after a while it stops. This cycle isn't definite, but that's usually how it goes down. The events are usually unlikely and I'm with my family in the dream.
Here are some that have occured that I remember:
My mom, sister, dad and I were driving down the road when our dog Paul started messing with my mom [at least I think she was the one driving] and eventually, we started tumbling down the hill. I remember in the dream how my neck felt when I kept tumbling down the hill.

Another one was when I was on a rollercoaster that went upside down at parts. In the dream, as we went to a part that went upside down, I fell out and just kept falling.

The most recent one is in the second half of the dream, I'm in a car with my best friend Angela. At some point, she swerves to avoid hitting somebody and went out of control. We started rolling through the air crashing into building after building.

A common event in the dream is that just before the impact that would kill me I wake up OR just the event occurs.

As far as I know, I'm not really depressed or think about death (too often) and I don't have those thoughts.

Those dreams I just brush off. I'm just curious of what they mean.

The ones that REALLY make me curious are the ones that are dreams of the near (usually not significant) future. By near, I usually mean either the next day or within a week.

First example: Between 5-7 years ago, I had a dream that I was bouncing on a trampoline with a girl in purple overalls. She was about my age, but did not recognize her at all. A complete stranger. Maybe 3 days later, my mom gets an invitation to one of her friend's little girl's birthday party. At some point (hours into the day) everyone goes outside to play on the trampoline. After a while, everyone leaves and I'm alone with the girl described in my dream. I thought nothing of it (except a weird coincidence) because I was just a little kid.

The most recent one was last week. I was in the school library with my friend Angela. In the dream, she's grabbing my arm and going behind my back. (In the dream, it was unclear what made that happen. Maybe we were playing) We also bent down to pick up something dropped and almost hit our heads. The next day during my lunch period, that's what happened.

So I'm kinda curious how those "future" dreams come to be and/or why.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

Anyone good at dream interpretation? Empty Re: Anyone good at dream interpretation?

Post  vanessahatake 2012-02-13, 18:31

I do not know how to interpret dreams but I am bumping for interest.
vanessahatake
vanessahatake

Birthday : 1993-02-18

http://shadowsailorv.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Anyone good at dream interpretation? Empty Re: Anyone good at dream interpretation?

Post  exiled_force 2012-02-28, 22:41

If you're still looking for an interpreter, I know this may be considered necro-bumping, but I thought maybe this might fall outside of it just because you never really seemed to have received an answer.

So. First things first. I'm not the greatest, and more then likely there are other people who would do a better job then I can, but since no one gave you an answer, I'll try to help you out. I wouldn't even consider myself a dream interpreter.

Anyways, moving on. You should see a psychic if you have the time to see if maybe your future holds anything, unless these recurring dreams just signify or represent a constant worry you have about your life and the things you care about. If the latter was the case, then really, we're just worrying over nothing, and maybe it's something you're eating that you shouldn't right before bedtimes that give your these nightmares. I'll make a seperate post so they my replies are easier to read, instead of one long post.
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2012-02-29, 00:01

Here's my interpretation of your dreams.

DuelKing wrote:The events are usually unlikely and I'm with my family in the dream.

So from this, when the events are random(unless i'm mistaken and random is the wrong word to use)and it's your family involved(people you care about)it may be safe to say that based on that alone, MAYBE and that's a very big MAYBE, something may be happening in your life or the world around you that causes you to worry about the safety of your family or loved ones.

DuelKing wrote:My mom, sister, dad and I were driving down the road when our dog Paul started messing with my mom [at least I think she was the one driving] and eventually, we started tumbling down the hill. I remember in the dream how my neck felt when I kept tumbling down the hill.

You have your family in this dream, and you are traveling in a car to who knows where. There are two possible ways to intrepret this at this point, and again I'm probably wrong, but I'll try anyway.

Option A)
You are worried that somewhere down the road, something will happen to you and your family that will involve everyone close to you. Your dog seems to be the key to the meaning of this dream. Paul serves as the engine that drives the situation that your family will get involved in(your dog messing with the driver), and your mom seems to be the one leading your family into this situation. Now again, it probably won't be Paul that causes this, and it probably won't be your mom either, but in these kinds of dreams, the vehicle or meaning of the dream usually takes on a visual representation because you'd be able to interpret it better.

Option B[SIMPLEST REASON])
In this suggestion, it all has to deal with your dog. And I mean it literally. Those closest to you are being affected by Paul, and it is because something Paul is doing, or something that Paul is going through, and it is something that will affect everyone closest to you(well just your family if anything.) Now, if the situation in the dream is happening for a while, where you see Paul distracting your mom, and you are asking Paul to stop, but he doesn't and the event happens where everyone is tumbling down a hill, it is also possible to say that whatever Paul may be going through may also effect or drag down everyone closest to you. Hence the whole "rolling down the hill" event.

DuelKing wrote:First example: Between 5-7 years ago, I had a dream that I was bouncing on a trampoline with a girl in purple overalls. She was about my age, but did not recognize her at all. A complete stranger. Maybe 3 days later, my mom gets an invitation to one of her friend's little girl's birthday party. At some point (hours into the day) everyone goes outside to play on the trampoline. After a while, everyone leaves and I'm alone with the girl described in my dream. I thought nothing of it (except a weird coincidence) because I was just a little kid.

I don't really know too much about this, but as far as this goes, I'd just write this one off as one of the cool things in your life that happened where you were able to see a little bit into your future. Can it possibly mean more? Sure. But again, I'm not an interpreter.

DuelKing wrote:Another one was when I was on a rollercoaster that went upside down at parts. In the dream, as we went to a part that went upside down, I fell out and just kept falling.

This dream might represent what is going on with your life, where the rollercoaster might represent your idea of a good, fun time, and the seat you sit in represents your life. Maybe it seems that as your are riding this fun rollercoaster, you have a feeling at one point, you'll begin to lose control of your life, and you're afraid of where you'll end up or how you'll end up after that.

DuelKing wrote:The most recent one is in the second half of the dream, I'm in a car with my best friend Angela. At some point, she swerves to avoid hitting somebody and went out of control. We started rolling through the air crashing into building after building.

It would've been great if you could've included the first half of your dream, as when it comes to these things, every little detail helps. But working with what I got gave me this:

You are traveling somewhere again. Only this time, you are with your friend Angela instead of your family. Is she mischievous? Do you guys get into trouble when you two are together? If so, the whole crashing into buildings could represent trouble you are getting into with Angela, as you are in the car while the car is crashing into these buildings, but if it's not the case, then it's similar to the dream with your family. In this dream, the car would represent the bond you have with this friend, the relationship you have with her and the somebody she is swerving to avoid would represent the event in her life where it would start to go out of control, hence the whole, "crashing into buildings." As you are in this car as well, you may either be bearing witness to this event that pushes her out of control of her life or you may somehow feel you are part of it or maybe even part of the reason why. Yes, we could blame the person she swerved to avoid, but was this person's appearance sudden to the point you didn't know, or did you have enough time, but didn't have a chance to say anything?

If anything, these dreams seem to reflect upon the concerns you have for the people you care about, and the concern you have haunts you even when you sleep, where it manifests itself as a dream.

I'll probably be batting 0 for 4, but I tried my best.

exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-29, 00:14

Just for kicks, I'm going to take this from a Freudian Psychoanalytic perspective

Dream 1: You feel as though your dog Paul is preventing you from connecting with your mother on a more emotional level, he's messing with your mom, while she's driving and causing you to be endangered

Dream 2:The fact that your falling on a roller coaster (which is at a theme park, which is associated with safety and family) is interesting. It shows that you are perhaps having a strain in the relationship between yourself and your parents

the other dreams I have nothing on but you should know this:

Dreams are just random stimuli your brain produces as you go through the rotations of REM sleep and release delta waves from your brain. Any time where your dreams "Predicted" the future are either cases of coincidence or you experiencing one thing in a dream, and filling in the rest subconsciously, since your schemas for the objects you saw in the dream are still fresh to be contorted (for example, perhaps you dreamed about the idea of "playing" or "little girl" and just made the rest of the connections subconsciously)
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2012-02-29, 00:21

Phoenix Wright wrote:Just for kicks, I'm going to take this from a Freudian Psychoanalytic perspective

Dream 1: You feel as though your dog Paul is preventing you from connecting with your mother on a more emotional level, he's messing with your mom, while she's driving and causing you to be endangered

Dream 2:The fact that your falling on a roller coaster (which is at a theme park, which is associated with safety and family) is interesting. It shows that you are perhaps having a strain in the relationship between yourself and your parents

the other dreams I have nothing on but you should know this:

Dreams are just random stimuli your brain produces as you go through the rotations of REM sleep and release delta waves from your brain. Any time where your dreams "Predicted" the future are either cases of coincidence or you experiencing one thing in a dream, and filling in the rest subconsciously, since your schemas for the objects you saw in the dream are still fresh to be contorted (for example, perhaps you dreamed about the idea of "playing" or "little girl" and just made the rest of the connections subconsciously)

I told you i'd bat 0 for 4! I didn't even think of it in that perspective.
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down