Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck

4 posters

Go down

"No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck Empty "No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck

Post  JOEY WHEELUH 2012-02-23, 18:51

"No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck 8x94j

Ever wonder what it's like to be an astronaut? Well now you can!

I made this deck a while ago and it's been pretty successful so far in the time i've used it. Thought i'd share it with you guys, feel free to throw your opinions out there.

Blue Thunderx3- Core to any Gradius deck, decent power and an effect that can swarm the field

Jade Knightx2- I'm not a huge fan of this card, i'm currently experimenting with 2 but i'd prefer 1. The effect is really nice but too situational, although the searching is great.

Lord Britishx2- A very versatile monster, if used correctly this monster can wreck havok on your entire opponents field, the utility of this monster really makes it shine

FalchionBx2- The Life blood of any Gradius Deck. Able to put cards in the grave for later use (Eltanin) or you can bring back other cards that you lost prior.

Victory Viper- Another monster with great utility, although not as great as Lord British, victory viper's tool belt definitely has a place in this deck.

Shining Angelx3- For creature swapping and general searching capability

Honest- Core in a deck like this, can turn around a fight and if used correctly, will give one of your space ship's it's effect. I've wiped the whole field with an Honest/Lord British combo

Lightray Daedalusx2- With the recent release of these cards i've made the discovery that this card works GREAT with a Gradius deck. The effect is very situational as it requires you to destroy a field before destroying 2 other cards, it's still a 2600 beater with conditions that aren't hard to match

Cyber Dragonx2- The deck lacks attacking power, and Cyber Dragon makes up for it in droves

Cyber Eltanin- Although the effects of Eltanin and Daedalus conflict, wiping your opponents field of his face up monsters is too good of an effect to pass up, even if you're just banishing 1 monster to summon him.

Nobleman of Exterminationx2- Gradius has a lot of trouble against backrows, and cards like this really remedy the problem. It's not used often but it's definitely worked for me in the past.

Book of the Moon- Staple

Creature Swapx2- Primary use is to swap out Shining Angel in order to get the effect and the search.

MST- Staple

Heavy Storm- Staple

Limiter Removal- GREAT for OTK, you can really surprise your opponent when you swarm the field with tokens and your other monsters and use this baby.

Riryoku- Pretty much guaranteeing a monster kill, and a Gradius monster effect, Riryoku has proved he has a place in some decks.

Bottemlessx2- Staple

Dimensional Prisonx2- Needs back rows to defend against the tougher monsters your opponent can and will have

Dark Bribex2- More counters to the enemy back row, which Gradius decks have problems with

Call of the Haunted- More swarm potential, staple.

Mirror Force- Staple

Torrential Tribute- Staple

Solemn Judgement- Staple

Prideful Roarx2- I refer to this as the trap card version of honest, you will win almost every battle if you use this card, leaving the opponent to take damage, and one of your Gradius monsters getting an effect.

Number 39x3- Utopia- With the swarm potential this deck has, throwing in some XYZ monsters is not a bad idea at all.

Photon Butterfly Assassinx3- Some people will argue Black Corn outclasses this card, I still find use for it when my opponent sets a card.

Illumiknightx3- Draw power, why not.

Chimeratech Fortress Dragonx3- You're running Cyber Dragon, you have lots of machines, and you don't need poly to summon it, this card is awesome and there is no reason NOT to add it in
JOEY WHEELUH
JOEY WHEELUH

Back to top Go down

"No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck Empty Re: "No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-23, 19:34

Needs forbidden lance and shrink
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

"No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck Empty Re: "No, We Need to Explore" Joey's Gradius Deck

Post  JOEY WHEELUH 2012-02-23, 19:37

Phoenix Wright wrote:Needs forbidden lance and shrink

I don't like shrink, it doesn't work as well with monsters with more than 2400 attack. Prideful Roar is better in this deck since it can destroy the monster and get you one your Ships effects
JOEY WHEELUH
JOEY WHEELUH

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-23, 21:54

-2 Jade Knight
-2 Falchion
+2 VV XX03
+1 Lord British
+1 Rai-Oh
-1 Riryoku
-2 Bribe
+1 Shrink
+1 Dark Hole
+1 Monster reborn

found a slot for:
- 2x Lightwave Tuning
- 1-3x Lumenize
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  itsjustjosh 2012-02-24, 06:06

Phoenix Wright wrote:Needs forbidden lance and shrink
You would be on this thread LOL

Needz moar space ships

I'd rahter use MST/Nightshot than nobleman
itsjustjosh
itsjustjosh
[AW] Aesir Warriors
[AW] Aesir Warriors

Birthday : 1980-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down