Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop? (At least for the turn)

+7
mido9
RareHunter
Dart
Tcbskater
[EP] Irate
kangtuji
DuelKing
11 posters

Go down

At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop?  (At least for the turn) Empty At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop? (At least for the turn)

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-24, 10:19

Let's say I'm lucky to go first (or survive) against Wind-ups.
At what time would it be most effective to use:
Solemn Warning
Ancient Flamvell Deity
Torrential Tribute
Solemn Judgment
Blazing Dust explosion

I usually use Torrential Tribute when they bring out Tour Guide and another 3, so they don't get an Xyz. Although, sometimes I wait for them to Xyz Zenmaity. Although the reason I don't is because they could be going for Zenmaines.

Solemn Warning any Xyz I perceive to be a threat at the time. (Usually Zenmaines, Zenmaity or Leviair) Not just those 3 though.

Ancient Flamvell Deity: I'm not usually lucky enough to get out Deity because of the Wind-Up loop killing my hand and most likely not drawing Rekindling. Anyway, the one time I DID, I banished 2 Zenmaity. I would've gone for Hunter, but they only had 2 cards in hand.

Solemn Judgment: Usually they're Pot of Avarice so they can't get the Wind-Ups back for the loop.

Finally: Blazing Dust explosion. After they finish their loop (usually resulting in 3 Xyz monsters)

So in your opinion, what timing would be most effective?

Also, what else do you (personally) use to stop Wind-Ups?
DuelKing
DuelKing

Birthday : 1997-03-25

Back to top Go down

At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop?  (At least for the turn) Empty Re: At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop? (At least for the turn)

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-24, 10:21

Click "Admint Defeat"

very effective
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop?  (At least for the turn) Empty Re: At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop? (At least for the turn)

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-24, 10:26

Admit defeat because my opponent killed my hand? Not a chance. Maybe that's what you'd, but not me. I never give up.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Back to top Go down

Post  [EP] Irate 2012-02-24, 10:57

Silly you...

y u no know when to quit?
[EP] Irate
[EP] Irate
Irate God
Irate God

Birthday : 1996-02-02

https://www.youtube.com/user/SkarmoryHunter

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2012-02-24, 11:04

There's a disappointing lack of Effect Veiler, Maxx "C", and Neko Mane King.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dart 2012-02-24, 11:56

Veiler and Maxx C are very close to being staples in a lot of decks, how come you didn't even mention them as anti-Wind Up loop?, they're outstanding at stopping Wind-Ups and they didn't even have to be on the field (eliminating the risk of them being destroyed by your opponent before the loop), and Neko Mane King is a popular side card against Wind-Up loop, and although is a bit situational (it always can be the last card being dropped by the loop), when it works as one of the first cards being discarded, you literally will make your opponent burst into tears.
Dart
Dart

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-24, 12:22

If u ask about a moment, the awkward moment is when u read someone told u to Admit Defeat

Cards u have:
- Solemn Warning:
- Ancient Flamvell Deity:
- Torrential Tribute
- Solemn Judgment
- Blazing Dust explosion

How to against:
- Don't let Xyz monster Summoned. Negate with many ways. Save Solemn Warning for Magician or Xyz Monster.
- save Torrential Tribute for a big swarming
- Solemn Judgment when they wanna recycle their source
- Synchro Flamvell Diety and banish Rat, Shark, Hunter before recycled.

What the other card u use to against Wind-Up?
Simple staple, CLICK HERE

Last edited by RareHunter on 2012-02-24, 19:47; edited 1 time in total
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  mido9 2012-02-24, 12:43

I set all my S/T as a hit and miss.

Worst case they draw heavy and i lose the same number of cards as the loop would have made me lose.

Best case they have nothing to loop out and i keep the S/T for use and stay safe from their +X.
mido9
mido9

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-24, 12:50

[EP] Irate wrote:Silly you...

y u no know when to quit?
Because I don't like to quit. I only admit defeat when there is literally nothing I can do, such as draw Return from the different dimension, but can't use it because my opponent never set anything, so I can't use Laval Lady. With every draw there's a new chance and I believe in that chance.

The other cards, such as Maxx "C", effect Veiler, or Neko Mane King were unknown to me until just now. I know they're "staples", but I often don't run them and use what's already in my deck. I try to keep the main deck pure fire. I could adjust a bit for sides. The cards I listed were some of the cards in my main deck that I use.

Just found Neko Mane King. Going in my side. Uncertain about Veiler and Maxx "C". They might go in the side as well.
DuelKing
DuelKing

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-24, 15:17

Neko Mane King, definitely. Mainly just for the lulz after they waste their resources without one attack, unless they do it in the first turn. hehe.

If you go for Maxx "C", I also suggest you go for Tragoedia. His ATK is determined by the number of cards in your hand, and with the number of Special Summons involved in the loop, you'll at least draw as much as you would normally lose against Hunter. And if you're lucky to have at least 5 cards by the time Tragoedia is dropped, your opponent won't be able to bring it down so easily. Wind-Ups are weak on their own, and I mean low ATK.

Something to consider, at least. I know you like Fire cards (and Trag is Dark).

Last edited by Heimdall on 2012-02-24, 15:58; edited 1 time in total
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  demonwing 2012-02-24, 15:53

There is a reason Maxx "C" is $100. . .
demonwing
demonwing

Back to top Go down

Post  DuelKing 2012-02-24, 19:10

Heimdall wrote:Something to consider, at least. I know you like Fire cards (and Trag is Dark)
Wait... scratch
At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop?  (At least for the turn) 300px-TragoediaSDGU-EN-C-1E + At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop?  (At least for the turn) AncientFlamvellDeityHA04-EN-ScR-1E
Twisted Evil
I think I have an idea....
DuelKing
DuelKing

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-02-25, 10:07

WAY U NEED TO ADMIT DEEAT IF U CAN DO THIS?

At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop?  (At least for the turn) PyhSq
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  The Predator32 2012-02-25, 14:11

D.D. Crow, Effect Veiler, Neko Mane, and Maxx C are the cards that will save you from the wind up loop if you happen to go second.

as for when to use them. After hunter gets sent to grave and rat targets it to SS it from grave chain D.D. crow. Rat's eff is burned and no Hunter for them.

For Veiler. IDK the loop well enough to tell yah the best time to use it. My gut says chain it to Hunter eff. He still tributes the zenmaity as a cost but doesn't get to drop a card from your hand.

Neko mane, u don't get a choice in the matter. Just hope it gets picked at random first. I suggest shuffling your cards so mane is either the middle card or one of the end cards. From experience i've learned when picking at random those are the cards most likely to get picked. Also people are usually end pickers or middle pickers. They rarely mix it up and truly choose at random. use that to your advantage.

As for Maxx C. again i'm not 100% sure. U could drop it right after they play their second monster but if they're smart they would just make zenmaines and stop there. Or you could wait till they have zenmaity out then drop Maxx C. If they continue you will go + If they stop they don't have anything significant on the field.

Last edited by The Predator32 on 2012-02-25, 17:12; edited 1 time in total
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-25, 14:45

RareHunter wrote:
WAY U NEED TO ADMIT DEEAT IF U CAN DO THIS?

At which moment should I use the following cards to kill the Wind-up Loop?  (At least for the turn) PyhSq

Yeah! Let's use a bad deck that has a very slim chance of working against one of the top tier decks! Also, they clearly did not hand loop you.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down