Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's about time the game got fixed are you with me ;).

+7
Red_Chaos
HarleyThomas
Exiled
Kain3
fatboi904
Lyner60
warriorx
11 posters

Go down

It's about time the game got fixed are you with me ;). Empty It's about time the game got fixed are you with me ;).

Post  warriorx 2012-02-25, 06:43

THE PETITION IS CURRENTLY LIVE! IF YOU WISH TO SIGN AND CONTRIBUTE TO OUR CAUSE, YOU CAN DO SO HERE!

Before we begin, I wish to start with an apology. Foremost, I wish to extend an apology to the moderators of this board. I recognize that the tactics and methods I used to promote this petition were not of best judgment. While I was upset that my threads were being continuously closed, I realize that they were done so to prevent conflict, so I cannot hold a grudge with those who closed them. They were simply looking out for the best interests of this board. Secondly, I wish to apologize to any individual who was unfairly treated in previous threads who had different opinions on the matter at hand. It was childish and immature of myself to conduct this thread in a demoralizing fashion. You now have my word that it will not happen again. That being said, I wish to start new.

This thread is about change. It is about the concerns of many players in our beloved YuGiOh! TCG community who feel that the game is heading down a rocky path. It is about the unification of our efforts to try and reach out to Konami and vocalize our feelings about this game. We cannot progress as individuals, but as an organized group, we have a better chance of being heard.

Many of you have already seen the petition that I have started. Many of you have already signed. However, I feel it would be in the best interest to keep promoting this cause as much as possible. Hence forth, I shall do so in a mature, respectable manner and will refrain from using personal insults, ad hominem, and general trolling antics.

With that out of the way, I wish to lay down some ground rules for future discussion in this thread:

1. All discussions will be conducted in a mature fashion. Any and all posts of an immature or trolling nature will be IGNORED and REPORTED.
2. If you disagree with this movement, we appreciate your difference in opinion, however posting such in this thread will be taken as an act of antagonizing for the sake of starting a conflict. Once again, if this happens, your posts will be IGNORED and REPORTED.
3. The Mods have been clear that any comparison between Konami and UDE have proven to be conflict starting, so discussion about the topic will be limited. This is not a topic to bash Konami, any Konami employees, or anything else of the like. It is simply here to promote the petition. Hateful comments about Konami or Konami employees will be IGNORED and REPORTED.

Please do your best to stay mature and follow these guidelines. I no longer wish to see my threads closed due to them being constantly derailed by people who insist on being off-topic, rude, or trolls.

That being said, here is body of text for the current petition at hand:

Quote:
Why This Is Important

Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc. has, for the longest time, been maintaining the YuGiOh! TCG in a way that has prioritized maximizing sales revenue over issuing a balanced, well-designed game mechanics, at the expense of the players that support it. They have blatantly used the player base to generate revenue and have disregarded the wishes and concerns of the people who purchase their products. Instead of listening to the wants and desires of the players, they instead decide to continuously phase out older product in order to bring in newer sets, ignoring any problems with balance within the game that this may create. They do this by regulating a semi-annual Forbidden and Limited List every six months, adequately changing the format. While the semi-annual Forbidden and Limited List should be used to balance the mechanics of the YuGiOh! TCG, Konami instead uses this list to maximize profits and completely ignores the balance of their game.

By continuing to purchase their products, attend their tournaments, and play their game, you are allowing this company to continue this unfair and unethical treatment of the people that fund them. By taking a stance, we can send them a message to let them know that enough is enough. No longer do we want to be treated so badly. No longer do we want to be ignored. No longer do we want to watch the YuGiOh! TCG slide into an out-of-control spiral. No longer do we want to be viewed as a money source instead of as players of a game.

Help our cause by informing Konami that you will have no more. Help us by taking a stance; that you want better balanced formats, ones that will balance this game instead of ones which are clearly designed to solely push sales of new products, and take an active initiative to repair the YuGiOh! TCG instead of prioritizing sales and profit margins over customer satisfaction. You can also contribute to the cause by spreading the word. Let everyone you know who is generally dissatisfied with the way things are heading to sign this petition.

We do not wish to see this game crumble. We do not wish to see this game fall apart. We simply wish the creators and operators of the YuGiOh! TCG would manage it more efficiently, in an ethical, pleasant way. We simply wish that those who are tasked with regulating this game take a more active role of interacting with those who enjoy to play it. Also, we desire better communication. We desire Q & A sessions. We desire unbiased surveys so we may adequately express our feelings. We desire a better way to give input. All in all, we simply desire to be acknowledged.

Stop being a contributing source. Start by helping make our voices heard.
And here is the automated email that is sent to Konami when someone signs the petition:

Quote:
Cease the unethical treatment of the YuGiOh! TCG player base.

Greetings,

I just signed the following petition addressed to: Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc.

----------------
To the Representatives at Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc:

Hello, I am a player of the Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG and I wish to express a few of my concerns with how the game is currently being handled. Until recently, I have been generally satisfied with the game as a whole, but due to recent decisions that your company has made, I, along with many other players, feel that the player base of this game is being taken advantage of. If you wish to keep me as a customer, I humbly request that certain things be acknowledged and addressed accordingly.

Upon the release of the March 2012 Forbidden and Limited List, it is obvious to me, as well as many of us players, that the main goal was to prioritize profits over the well-being of the Yu-Gi-Oh TCG. By not addressing the newest, most powerful decks, such as Inzektors, Wind-Ups, and Dino-Rabbits, your lack of concern speaks volumes to me. Certain decks, after the release of Order of Chaos in Japan on November 19th 2011, had shown to be immensely unbalanced for nearly 3 months, the worst being Inzektors. Then, after the release of the pack in the TCG, all three were shown to be unbalanced and overpowered, with direct influence from the TCG exclusives, yet nothing was done to curb their power.

Not only do I disagree with this list, but I also feel that you have deliberately made sure that these new archetypes received support so they may be more powerful than other decks, successfully rendering all other decks in the current format unplayable in competitive tournaments. While the semi-annual Forbidden and Limited Lists should be used to balance this game, it would seem that in this case, it was instead used to generate as much revenue as possible.

I love this game and wish to see it thrive, but not in this manner. The YuGiOh! TCG should not be a game that is hindered by balance issues within the most current decks. I request that those decks mentioned before be balanced better and general card design be reconsidered as a whole. Until these points are readdressed, I will cease the purchase of any and all Konami product and no longer attend any of your sanctioned events.

Should you listen to my requests and make these changes, I will be more then happy to purchase your product and continue to play this game. I know you are capable of doing better. Many of your competitors have demonstrated that they care for their players, so it would be in your best interest to follow their example. Showing us as players that you actually listen to our concerns will do more then just bring us back to this game. It will also bring back our trust.

I hope that this message helps to better your company, for I would hate to see it continue down the road it is currently on.
----------------

Sincerely,

[Your name]
If you wish to further contribute to the cause, you can do so in many ways:

1. Advertise the petition on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Google+)
2. Advertise the petition at your local card shop.
3. Advertise the petition at any Regional/Large-Scale tournament.
4. Contact any persons of high-traffic media, such as Yugi-Tubers, and spread the message to them, requesting that they help us get the word out.

The more we advertise, the more people we can get to read the petition.

Another thing I feel needs to be directly addressed: This petition DOES actively call for a boycott on Konami products. It is a statement we feel is necessary to get Konami's attention. If you feel that you cannot support this movement by ceasing the purchase of Konami's product or the attendance of YuGiOh! tournaments that would directly fund Konami, please do not sign.

Any and all efforts of this magnitude greatly help us. If you wish to contact me further, feel free to post here or send me a PM. I would LOVE to have you help spread this message.

Last edited by warriorx on 2012-02-27, 12:31; edited 1 time in total
warriorx
warriorx

Birthday : 1994-03-03

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.savarese1?ajaxpipe_token=AXh4F5z

Back to top Go down

It's about time the game got fixed are you with me ;). Empty Re: It's about time the game got fixed are you with me ;).

Post  Lyner60 2012-02-25, 08:05

Another complaint for the current meta, this is boring, stop complaining and adjust to the current meta. Konami will NEVER do what you want.
Lyner60
Lyner60

Birthday : 1990-03-17

Back to top Go down

It's about time the game got fixed are you with me ;). Empty Re: It's about time the game got fixed are you with me ;).

Post  warriorx 2012-02-25, 08:43

Not complaining it's trying to do something about it so please try to understand instead of acting high and mighty because DN is not the game of Yu-Gi-Oh so please just stop.
warriorx
warriorx

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyner60 2012-02-25, 09:28

I am not telling tou abou DN, I am telling about the real Yu-Gi-Oh game, that I play you have to stop complaint and try to addapt the new era, I am telling this because I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! for over 10 years and I know how it feels when KOMANI bans thins that all people use. The only solution its to adapt to the new meta game.
Lyner60
Lyner60

Back to top Go down

Post  fatboi904 2012-02-25, 09:43

Lyner to be honest with you I understand where you are coming from but I am pretty sure he's more just trying to get the fan base involved more with the people who make decisions about the game (kinda like how video game developers do when they release games) not just this meta format but all in all in the whole game itself.

Anyways on topic I support your idea and I know a lot of serious players would love to have some say so even if it's just a consideration on something then the way it is now.
fatboi904
fatboi904

Birthday : 1994-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Kain3 2012-02-25, 13:25

You're mad because a company's priority is to make money?

Kain3

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled 2012-02-25, 13:33

Konami won't change because people signed some petition. People won't stop buying their products no matter what they do with the banlist, suck it up or quit the game. Those are the only 2 options.
Exiled
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyner60 2012-02-25, 13:40

Exiled wrote:Konami won't change because people signed some petition. People won't stop buying their products no matter what they do with the banlist, suck it up or quit the game. Those are the only 2 options.

Agree with that. If don`t like what Konami does, then quit the game, and stop complaining.
Lyner60
Lyner60

Back to top Go down

Post  warriorx 2012-02-25, 18:10

Lyner60 wrote:I am not telling tou abou DN, I am telling about the real Yu-Gi-Oh game, that I play you have to stop complaint and try to addapt the new era, I am telling this because I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! for over 10 years and I know how it feels when KOMANI bans thins that all people use. The only solution its to adapt to the new meta game.

Adapting isn't the issue it's having to need certain card's to compete at all. I can afford this game and don't think it's the major issue it's the balance between the game overall. Price is the least of are problems.
warriorx
warriorx

Back to top Go down

Post  warriorx 2012-02-25, 18:16

Kain3 wrote:You're mad because a company's priority is to make money?

Mad? I'm starting to think well I knew by the first post you're all DN stricken and no nothing about the real game. You all must learn business before you know how it works and trolly people my scrubby little friends.
warriorx
warriorx

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-02-25, 18:17

Lyner60 wrote:Another complaint for the current meta, this is boring, stop complaining and adjust to the current meta. Konami will NEVER do what you want.

Can you drop several hundred on a playset of Tour Guides?

If not, then I guess you're no good at adapting to the current meta.
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2012-02-25, 18:19

for every one person that complains, 10 people won't complain therefore the company will not change there ways -.-
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyner60 2012-02-25, 18:21

warriorx wrote:
Lyner60 wrote:I am not telling tou abou DN, I am telling about the real Yu-Gi-Oh game, that I play you have to stop complaint and try to addapt the new era, I am telling this because I've been playing Yu-Gi-Oh! for over 10 years and I know how it feels when KOMANI bans thins that all people use. The only solution its to adapt to the new meta game.

Adapting isn't the issue it's having to need certain card's to compete at all. I can afford this game and don't think it's the major issue it's the balance between the game overall. Price is the least of are problems.

So simply quit to the game. Because Komani like I said will NEVER listen to us. Simply accept it.
Lyner60
Lyner60

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-25, 21:53

they just need to unify the tcg and ocg, then everything will be okay
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  warriorx 2012-02-26, 00:41

Lyner60 wrote:
warriorx wrote:

So simply quit to the game. Because Komani like I said will NEVER listen to us. Simply accept it.

It's exactly this attitude that makes them do what they do you just proved my point please turn around and bend over Konami has something for you.
warriorx
warriorx

Back to top Go down

Post  PBandJams 2012-02-26, 01:50

You know what I am curious about? How was it like when synchros first came out? Weren't a lot of people mad about some of the synchros(game breaking/expensive like Dark Strike Fighter and Goyo) that were around then? I honestly believe like any new thing that appears in this game its going to take time to adapt to it.

Also, Konami does not make the prices on the individual cards, the people who obtain these cards do. F-Y-I
PBandJams
PBandJams

Birthday : 1993-12-12

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-02-26, 03:02

This is all a pipe dream.

Don't get me wrong. I like what you are talking about.

The only way to truly get them to change their ways is for enough people to not to buy the products that will hurt their income as a result of it.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  warriorx 2012-02-26, 03:40

PBandJams wrote:You know what I am curious about? How was it like when synchros first came out? Weren't a lot of people mad about some of the synchros(game breaking/expensive like Dark Strike Fighter and Goyo) that were around then? I honestly believe like any new thing that appears in this game its going to take time to adapt to it.

Also, Konami does not make the prices on the individual cards, the people who obtain these cards do. F-Y-I

You started out great then you ended with something that was omg. First off you're correct things were bad, but they weren't that bad since we were still dealing with DAD based Decks and such. Also did you read the new banlist? Give it a good look and then tell me the blatant message they sent us?

This list was bad beyond what Konami has ever done to us, and the list has always been biased but this list straight out and tells us to *Stop Synchro Summoning and play Xyz*. They've never made such a ballzy move before that's what I assume has more people then usual worked up.

The last part of your message needs to be addressed because it was just that terribly thought out. Konami decides the amount of each card printed, and how good said card's are which in return jumps up there prices. Imo the banlist is the problem not the prices let's fix one problem before another that's how I see it. I do understand that too I have no problem spending $20-40 for a card which I'm sure a-lot of people don't even mind saving money for it if they have too, but when card's start going 90, 100, and $110^^ I have a problem. I can afford these card's in fact I'm in the business of buy/Trade/Sell so my Playset of Maxx "C" were free since I had like 9 since I guess it being good was something I knew of.

----------------------
DarkRiku wrote:This is all a pipe dream.

Don't get me wrong. I like what you are talking about.

The only way to truly get them to change their ways is for enough people to not to buy the products that will hurt their income as a result of it.

And that will be up to the people that sign the petition it's just a stepping stone to let konami know we mean business, even if we buy just a little less each that would be a big enough hit or maybe we buy 25% less product along with this petition it should allow them to open there eyes just a bit.

No double/triple posting please.

~Goddess
warriorx
warriorx

Back to top Go down

Post  warriorx 2012-02-27, 12:31

Bump.
warriorx
warriorx

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaiza 2012-02-27, 17:41

truth is, even if you get alot of people to do as you ask, some simply wont care and will keep buying whatever expensive game breaking card they are sent. As long as that happens, sorry to be rude but Konami wont give a flying ****

I personally would like to see the anlist used for what it was originally made for, but at the rate things are going, it wont happen for a long time
Kaiza
Kaiza

Birthday : 1991-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down