Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Asura Priest

+4
Dragonknight1991
raidou
AhhGoodTimes
Heimdall
8 posters

Go down

Asura Priest Empty Asura Priest

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-27, 14:10

Asura Priest Asura-Priest_9705

Here is the newer text.

This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card returns to its owner's hand during the End Phase of the turn it is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. This monster cannot attack directly if it has already attacked a monster.

Not a lot of people play Spirit monsters, but I think they're fun. Unless someone is able to make a good strategy out of them, I think they will be used for casual play for the most part.

Anyway, this is Asura Priest. Can be used with Honest. Can destroy most searchers AND the cards they bring from the Deck. If equipped with Sword of Kusanagi (or anything that can help inflict piercing damage), it can bring on the pain against anything that can't be destroyed by battle. The obvious drawbacks are that it can't be Special Summoned in any way and it returns to the hand during each End Phase.

As the Wiki suggest, its effect to return to the hand can help deal burn damage with Athena every time Asura Priest is summoned. And like the rest of the Spirit monsters, it'll force Light and Darkness Dragon's effect to be used over and over until it's too weak.

Discuss.
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Asura Priest Empty Re: Asura Priest

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-27, 16:19

A common technique Spirit duelists like me use is to combine a Spirit monster with Creature Swap or Mystic Box. The Spirit Monster will return to your hand even if it's on your opponent's side of the field.

Izanagi or Mirror of Yata can keep it on the field though the latter you should really only use for boss Spirit monsters like Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-27, 16:48

i never understood this card rulings

if this monster gets attack negated by scarecrow or magic cylinder it gets to att again the same monster

but if the att gets negated by krebons it cant att it again!
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonknight1991 2012-02-27, 17:29

raidou wrote:i never understood this card rulings
if this monster gets attack negated by scarecrow or magic cylinder it gets to att again the same monster
but if the att gets negated by krebons it cant att it again!
It probably has to do with the text, Scrap-Iron Scarecrow and Magic Cyclinder both say when the attack is declared and Krebons says when it is selected as an attack target.

Dragonknight1991

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-02-27, 17:34

At this point in time, it's a pretty jank card.

Asura Priest won't do you any good when I have an Alexandrite Dragon on the field.
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Heimdall 2012-02-27, 17:43

The rulings I know from the top of my head:

Asura Priest can't attack Krebons again if the latter uses its effect to negate the attack. Asura Priest can still attack other monsters, just not Krebons for the rest of that Battle Phase.

Asura Priest attacks, let's say, Mystic Tomato. Tomato uses its effect to summon a Dark monster in Attack Position. The player can choose to attack the new monster.

Asura Priest can only attack each monster once. It'll be just plain overkill if Asura Priest attacks Spirit Reaper again and again with Sword of Kusanagi equipped.

And I'll keep in mind the Creature Swap/Mystic Box bit. It can be useful Very Happy
Heimdall
Heimdall

Birthday : 1990-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post  kyros 2012-02-27, 20:26

I love using spirits! I don't use asura priest though since imo it has a decent effect, but other spirits are better. Most of the spirits in my deck are fairies too, which sets up for archlord kristya Very Happy Also, creature swap + legacy of yata in spirit decks is awesome.
kyros
kyros

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2012-02-27, 23:51

Set it up with Future Visions to give yourself permanent Spirit monsters. That's always fun to do, right? Very Happy
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-02-28, 01:19

This card was great when Honest was at 3. Its usefulness dwindled after that.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down