Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What it would take for an automation system

+3
Phoenix Wright
Tcbskater
Benin.Jenkins
7 posters

Go down

What it would take for an automation system Empty What it would take for an automation system

Post  Benin.Jenkins 2012-02-27, 16:43

As Most of you are aware there are other free dueling programs out there (i.e kaiba corporation) and i was wondering being that dueling network is programmed in either flash or java shouldn't there be an engine that can be imported via console yugioh games or other yugioh games like the one from konami in order to allow automatic discarding auto LP damage and gain etc etc. i had been looking into that for awhile and when i came across a program like game-maker i found that it would be relatively practical. however i do understand that doing multiple strings is alot of work. Feed back would e greatly appreciated thanks.
Benin.Jenkins
Benin.Jenkins

Birthday : 1990-01-19

Back to top Go down

What it would take for an automation system Empty Re: What it would take for an automation system

Post  Tcbskater 2012-02-27, 17:00

It'd take nothing since it's not happening.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

What it would take for an automation system Empty Re: What it would take for an automation system

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-27, 17:05

The problem with making an automated yugioh game is the rulings are so complex. Every single ruling would have to be properly programed into the dueling system, and there can be no mistakes.

In terms of games like Yugioh online, or the console games, it takes konami, who has hundreds of paid programers, an entire year just to update the game with the new cards, sets, rulings, etc. BLS would have to start from scratch (you can't steal konami's engine without consent), and he is a single unpaid programer

can you imagine the amount of work that it would require
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Chief 2012-02-27, 17:06

The problem is there's nothing wrong with the current system... Why do people have to nitpick and complain about every little thing when they're getting it for free. Right now what we have is VERY PRACTICAL
Chief
Chief

Back to top Go down

Post  Benin.Jenkins 2012-02-27, 18:47

Chief wrote:The problem is there's nothing wrong with the current system... Why do people have to nitpick and complain about every little thing when they're getting it for free. Right now what we have is VERY PRACTICAL

Hey im not nit picking the sub forum says DN suggestions lol lighten up
Benin.Jenkins
Benin.Jenkins

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2012-02-27, 18:50

Benin.Jenkins wrote:
Chief wrote:The problem is there's nothing wrong with the current system... Why do people have to nitpick and complain about every little thing when they're getting it for free. Right now what we have is VERY PRACTICAL

What it would take for an automation system SRS_BUSINESS_GAIS_by_Booter_Freak
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Neonian 2012-02-27, 19:22

We don't want to implement an automated system since it means cards will be added far slower. We'd have to program each cards function as well as their name/text/image/stats. All those card functions being used at once would put a large strain on the server.
Neonian
Neonian

Birthday : 1992-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2012-02-27, 19:30

Benin.Jenkins wrote:

And there's a sticky that tells you what has already been commonly suggested and the result of said suggestion so you don't have to make another topic about it.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Benin.Jenkins 2012-02-27, 19:38

okay well thanks for letting me know im new to the forums
Benin.Jenkins
Benin.Jenkins

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-27, 19:47

You must be new here™️ Laughing

Welcome to DN, most suggestion already suggest before.. so unless you obtain higher rank than member, its kinda unpossible (yes, I written that unpossible with un, not im)
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Benin.Jenkins 2012-02-27, 23:53

kangtuji wrote:You must be new here™️ Laughing

Welcome to DN, most suggestion already suggest before.. so unless you obtain higher rank than member, its kinda unpossible (yes, I written that unpossible with un, not im)
Duly Noted
Benin.Jenkins
Benin.Jenkins

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-28, 00:10

Also: Never listen to kang

ever

he's just a netdecker that doesn't know rulings
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down