Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1)

+4
Ren Ozora
Yami-Malik
Zero2Hero
Adept VantageSP
8 posters

Go down

How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Empty How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1)

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-12, 20:27

Dueling Network Official Tutorials:
How to use: Dueling Network Forums

Hey, VantageSp here with a guide to the forum. As one of Dueling Network Forums top posters I am going to share with you how to use the forum to its fullest potential! Take it from me, I know my way around the place.

First off we are going to start off with the basic top menu bar.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Contents
Here you will see several options:

1.Index [ind000]
2.Portal
3.Calender
4.FAQ
5.Search
6.Member
7.Groups
8.Profile
9.Messages
10.Off/On

Through the course of this guide you will learn about each one and how to use them.

1. Index [ind000]

First off we are going to talk about the main page of the forum, the index. This is the page of the forum that you will probably see the most, as it is the main gateway to all the forum topics and discussions.

You should see many forums and sub forums.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Forums_1

As you can see there are many forums and sub forums here. The forum is divided into many sections and sub-forums. When you want to post a topic or reply with a post in a topic, find the appropriate section and go there.

A.Posting A Topic [ind001]
Now I am going to go through the process of posting a topic!

First you have to come up with a topic. For the sake of this guide I am going to post a deck.

1.First Thing is first, we need to know where to post this. Posting this in the wrong section is not recommended. A staff member will have to move it to the proper section if you do.
- I am posting a deck. If you noticed in the above picture there is a "Deck Construction" section under "Yu-Gi-Oh! Support".
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Deck_construction-1
- Follow the yellow arrow!
- Click on "Deck Construction".

- You should now be in the "Deck Construction" sub-forum.
- Locate the "New Topic" button. It is on both the top of the forum, and the bottom (on the right).

Top:
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Newtopic
Bottom:
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) New_topic2

- Click "New Topic"
- You should be lead to a page like this.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Post_message

- Put the topic title in the box at the top labeled "Title of the topic"
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Frozen_Chaos
- Then you can put what you want to post in the box below. I am posting a decklist so I am putting down an old deck I posted on another forum.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Deck

-You can also put a poll in your topic!
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Poll
- In the section called "Poll Question" put the question you want to ask in the box right next to it.
- Where it says "Poll Options", put your poll answers there. You can follow the on screen instructions.
- You can also set how long you want the poll to run for in the respective box shown above. You can use this to make you poll either unending (by putting 0) or or only during a set amount of days (specified by the number you put in the box).
- You can also make it multiple choice by clicking on the radio button by "Multiple Choice". There are two options, "Yes" and "No".
- You can also allow, or disallow vote cancellation by clicking "Yes" or "No".

Before you post there are a few options you may want to think about:
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Postoptions
- Disable HTML in this post: Set whether or not you want HTML disabled or enabled in your post.
- Disable BBCode in this post: Set whether or not you want BBCode disabled or enabled in your post.
- Disable Smilies in this post: Set whether or not you want Smilies disabled or enabled in your post.
- Attach signature (signatures can be changed in profile): This is checked by default. When the box is checked off, your signature will appear in your post. If you unchecked it, it will not appear in your post.

In a later version of this guide I will explain "Smilies", and the various Functions the blue buttons above the post box perform.

You should now have a topic to post! Click "Send" to post it for the whole forum to see, or "Preview" to see how your post looks before you post it. Use this option to catch any mistakes you made, or to see how you post looks. This is useful when you want to stylize your post, by previewing it before you send it you can see how it looks before you post so you can fix it up.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Post_preview

Congratz! You just posted a topic!
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Posted
This is how it should look like once posted. except with your avatar, and username, etc.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Posted_yeah

Various Random Features [ind002]
On the right hand side of the forum, on the top, and on the bottom you may notice several buttons and features. I am going to try and explain to you what each on does, and/or how to use them!

Let's start with a feature you may see at the top right of the page under the "Dueling Network" banner (not the main banner). This is what I am talking about:
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) View_new

This is one of my most frequently used features of the forum, these 3 buttons can give you easy access to many parts of the forum.

Lets start with my favorite button in the whole forum:
"View posts since last visit". This button shows you all the topics that have been posted in since your last visit, with the most recently posted in at the very top.
I use this button all the time. There is also a similar, (easier feature IMO) feature in the forum that I will talk about later. Basically use this feature to find out which topics have been seeing the most recent posting.

"View your posts" is very straightforward. This button displays all the topic s you have most recently posted in starting with the most recent. Use this to keep track of the topics you have posted in.

"View unanswered posts" is also very straightforward as well. This button displays all the topics that have not yet had reply made to them (0 posts besides the initial topic starter post). Use this to find topics people have not posted in yet. This could be useful for finding forgotten topics, or brand new topics! Remember, no necroposting though(if the topic is too old)!

Right underneath the feature described above is one that you should have noticed before.

How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Profile_top
This little box displays a mini-sized version of your avatar, your current post count,how many private messages you have in your inbox (on the right of the "/" and how many unread message you have on the left), and then there is a link to your profile at the bottom. Use this for a quick reference how how many posts you have, the contents of your inbox, and as a fast way to get to your profile.

Underneath this box you should see some links to other websites.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Facebook_twitter_youtube2

As of now it contains links to The Dueling Network's Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube page. Use these for quick access (notice the theme here) to DN's various content on other websites. Keep in touch with DN outside of DN with these websites. Follow them on Twitter and on Facebook for news on DN, or just to get in touch with other DN fans! Don't forget you can have your videos uploaded onto DN's Youtube page. Wanna know how? Visit this page for more infoUpload your videos onto our Youtube channel!.NOTE: This channel is operated by the DN staff, so I have no control over it.
Also visit this page for more info on the subject:Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube

Now onto a little feature I hinted at earlier. This feature is the "Latest Topics" feature.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Latesttopics
This section shows you the lasted topics posted in (java script must be enabled to see the scrolling function). Use this to have quick access to all the latest topics posted in recently.

Up next I am going to talk about the top ten most active topics feature.
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Most_active
This feature shows the top 10 most active topics in all of the forum (the topics with the most pages shown in descending order from highest to lowest). Use this to find out what the most active topics are and take part in them yourself!

The next feature I am going to talk about is something that is shown at the bottom of the index page:
How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Whos_online
I am just going to call this the statistics box. This generalization should make things easier. It contians:
*Who's Online
*Birthdays
*Calender events
*Statistics
*Chatbox

Who's Online
This shows you which users are online. It also shows you in a numeric value how many registered users are on, hidden users, guests, and bots.

Birthdays
This feature shows you which members are having a birthday today, or during this week (within the next 7 days). This can be useful when you want to know a members birthday you can wish them a happy birthday!

Calender events
This little feature shows you what upcoming calendar events are coming up. If no events are coming up, it will say "There are no forthcoming calendar events", if there is it will say which events are coming up (within a 5 day period). Use this to find out events that are happening, or are going to happen around the forum.

Statistics
Statistics shows you various statistics around the forum such as:
-Total messages posted on the forum
-Total number of registered users
-The newest registered user
-The most users ever online at once. Date and time included.

Use this feature to find out the statistics.

Chatbox
This simply tells you how many users are currently on the Chatbox, as well as a link to the Chatbox.

Penguin Soldier is my own personal emoticon I made a few years back. Enjoy it and don't spam with it!

More too come, this took a long time, so this will be updated periodically.

Last edited by vantagesp on 2011-07-22, 00:43; edited 6 times in total
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Empty Re: How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1)

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-12, 20:31

Wow. Your intentions were very good, plus this had to have taken a while to good. It's really does deserve a +1. Well done.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1) Empty Re: How to use: Dueling Network Forums (v. 1.1)

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-12, 20:33

Zero2Hero wrote:Wow. Your intentions were very good, plus this had to have taken a while to good. It's really does deserve a +1. Well done.
I wanted to do more, but there is just soooo much to talk about. I started at like 6:30pm and it is now 8:32pm. I will post more tomorrow. I will talk about things like the "Latest Topics", Facebook & Twitter" portions of the site. More to come!
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-17, 16:06

I will have to redo this guide now... The forum layout is now different.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-17, 16:26

Nice article/guide, keep it up DOOD! Some mod should make this topic a sticky one.
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-17, 16:28

Thanks! When I am less busy/feel like it, I will update it. I am planning to explain more of the posting options next.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ren Ozora 2011-07-17, 21:00

keep posting!
Ren Ozora
Ren Ozora

Birthday : 1996-03-23

http://Brand-NewGames.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The DetonatorCOPY 2011-07-17, 21:08

Sorry i changed the layout on you. I did not realize you were posting something like this at all!

Great guide and you will be gaining much respect and rep for this. I might use this for something in coming updates if you give me permission to do so..

+1 rep, (I don't give these often :l)
The DetonatorCOPY
The DetonatorCOPY

Birthday : 1991-02-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-17, 21:38

The Detonator wrote:Sorry i changed the layout on you. I did not realize you were posting something like this at all!

Great guide and you will be gaining much respect and rep for this. I might use this for something in coming updates if you give me permission to do so..

+1 rep, (I don't give these often :l)
Thanks, feel free to use it whenever you want.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  TeamHersheyCookies 2011-08-24, 00:57

I'm sure people know how to do this already. Good Job though.
TeamHersheyCookies
TeamHersheyCookies

https://www.youtube.com/teamhersheycookies

Back to top Go down

Post  Broken_Soul 2011-08-24, 01:14

great jop vantage +1
Broken_Soul
Broken_Soul

Birthday : 1988-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-08-24, 01:15

I really need to update this, it contains some old features not on the forum anymore. You will be surprised how many times I have linked people to this topic for help.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-12-30, 06:36

I will not be finishing this guide.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-12-30, 18:02

In that case, you should just delete it
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down