Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst

+3
Zero2Hero
Faotemaru
Risewing
7 posters

Go down

Want?

Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_lcap44%Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_lcap0%Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_lcap44%Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_rcap 44% 
[ 4 ]
Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_lcap11%Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Empty Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst

Post  Risewing 2011-07-12, 21:55

Several years after the events of Yu-Gi-Oh 5d's, across the globe in Runwell City, the Arcadia Movement rears it's ugly head.
The Movement has aspirations for world domination, and is slowly building an army.
The Movement knows that the only people who threaten them are psychic duelists themselves, so they try to convert any and all psychics to their cause.
Those they can't convince? Terminated or captured.
Kuya Aruhato is just an average short-order cook that dreams of pro-dueling at night. He meets two duelists with strange powers. After discovering he has powers of his own he is on the run and finds himself among a group of revolutionaries, Psychics that want to fight back against the movement. With them rallying behind him, the Psychic Wars Begin.

~* NEW SUMMON MECHANIC *~
Burst summoning.
Burst monsters are red, white, orange and pink coloured, their card-backing looks like an explosion ( the epicenter being the attribute symbol in the corner )
Burst monsters are summoned when the material(s) listed on the burst monster touch a catalyst card in the graveyard.
The materials are removed from play and the catalyst is turned upside down and put under the burst monster with it's card text showing.
A catalyst is a certain type of spell or trap, it is indicated if it is and what kind of catalyst it is by another icon next to it's spell/trap icon.
Catalysts have two effects, one is only applied when it is attached to a burst monster.
There are 6 types of catalysts.
~Purity : when the elements in the reaction are purified and blessed.
~Corruption : when the elements are corrupted and evil.
~Heat : when the materials in the reaction are are super heated.
~Cold : when the materials are cooled to absolute zero.
~Radioactivity : when the materials are irradiated to a potent state.
~Pressure : when the materials are super-condensed.

Monsters used for Xyz, Synchro, Ritual, or Fusion materials cannot react properly with catalysts ( because they contain no more chemical energy ) thus, they cannot be used in a Burst summoning.

This is a quick drawing of Kuya I did, and as you can see he is the guy who is my avatar.
kuya 1
Here's another sketch I did a while back.
kuya 2
Kuya Aruhato
Kuya Aruhato
Age 19
Male
FIRE/WIND based deck.
Hair ; Red with blonde highlights. resembling a flame or a phoenix.
Ice blue eyes.
Ace Card : Scarlet Risewing
Spoiler:

Nicholas ( Nick ) Fairchild
Nick
Male
Fox Deck, based on the Alkaline metals.
Hair : Black with an electric blue streak running down the middle
Emerald green eyes.
Ace Card : TBA.

Zephyr Embolt
Zephyr is the one at the bottom
Male
Black Lightning Deck
Hair : layered in the back with a longer-bang in the front, died pink in contrast with the black behind it.
Amber golden eyes
Ace Monster : Black Thunder Skyslicer
Spoiler:
Episode 2 and more character designs are coming up soon!
Opening Theme!
Spoiler:

Last edited by Risewing on 2011-07-20, 20:29; edited 2 times in total
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst Empty Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! D~Burst

Post  Faotemaru 2011-07-12, 22:22

Risewing wrote:PS I have the first chapter written but I'm keeping it hidden unless I get positive feedback on the concept.

It's certainly interesting, albeit very confusing. This is one of those things where you should have the first chapter already uploaded so people get the idea of what you're trying to get across rather than waiting for people to give you the OK or whatever.

Look, it's your story. You don't need anyone's OK to write a story. If you don't want to write a story simply because some people told you not to, then you didn't really want to in the first place! Write it man, and people that like it or are interested in this sorta stuff will come. Just having a post like this isn't enough.
Faotemaru
Faotemaru

Birthday : 1991-07-13

http://something.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-14, 20:41

Kuya was alone in his room watching the rain slide down his windows, he turned off the TV, as it was boring him. "Another relaxing day in the kitchen" he thought aloud. He looked at the clock : 8:47 PM. "Hmm, need to go give Nick his DVD back" Kuya grabbed his friend's copy of WRGP 2039 : Team5ds' Stunning Victory and placed it in his backpack, which he threw over his shoulder. Kuya walked out of his den and opened the door out into the hallway. The lights flickered
" lousy landlord, " he complained internally. He walked past a middle aged man with a beer gut and continued down the hall. Room 234. Kuya opened the door to darkness.
Dusken gray light filtered in through the blinds on Nick's window, it was the only light in the living room.
Suddenly Kuya felt a twinge of wrongness, as if something was just completely out of place in the atmosphere of the room. A muffled shout and a smack echoed through the house.
The silence afterwards was defeaning.
Kuya ran into the bathroom and saw nick tied up with two men with long blue hair standing to the side of him, one of them with a baseball bat, Nick's eye blackened.
" WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE!?!?! " Kuya shouted as he lunged at the guy with the bat, punching him with all the force of a sledgehammer. He took the bat and swung it at the older one, the bat was blocked by a duel disk and the wood splintered. "People like us, we take what we want, and when someone gets in the way we teach them a lesson," said the older one as he pushed Kuya back until he fell to the floor. "People like what?"
"Like us," the older one said as he held out a floating crystal of ice that was rotating seamlessly above his hand.
" I don't care who you are! No one does that to my friends and walks away" Kuya said as he scrambled back to his feet.
They laughed together for a moment. The older one brought his duel disk up to his chest and asked " You do duel, don't you? " " He probably doesn't even have forty cards to his name! " the younger one spat out through a chuckle.
Kuya reached into his backpack and pulled out his duel disk, slapping it onto his forearm. " I'll, show you what I've got to my name"
" Duel!" They shouted at the same time as Kuya jumped to the other side of the room.
KUYA 4000
??? 4000
"I'll start, okay? ... okay. " The man said without much of a pause.
He drew, then summoned a monster.
" I summon Quicksilver Freezefang in attack position. _
Spoiler:
_and set 2 cards face down, end"
The black and grey lupine beast growled as mercury was pumped out onto its claws through cords wrapped around it's arms. It glowed a light red when it's ATK started to increase.
FREEZEFANG : 1500 -> 1800
" Let's do this, Draw!" Kuya took a card from his deck.
"I'll activate Advancing Rush! "
Spoiler:
" Come! Blue Halberdier "
Spoiler:
A mithril-clad, ax-wielding warrior arose from the ground, it raised it's ax and laid it back upon it's shoulder. Kuya grabbed a card from his disk briskly.
" Oh it looks like he's fast, but I've seen faster " said the older brother.
" You've seen nothing yet. " Kuya said with a straight face as he looked at his hand.
-"I've got to do this, for Nick" - Kuya thought.
"I release my Blue Halberdier to advance summon Azureknight Sentry " Kuya said with his teeth bared.
A dark blue shield descended from the ceiling, it landed in front of the Halberdier, it stepped forward into the shield and vanished into it, it glowed until a indigo, heavyset warrior walked out of it. He grabbed the shield and crouched on one knee.
Spoiler:
" Now, I'll use his effect, to destroy your card closest to your deck "
The azure knight turned into a ball of blue flamed and flew towards Kuya's opponent until it dissipated around him. The hologram of the card shattered. There was a small silence until Kuya declared aloud " BURST ! " as he took the monsters out of his graveyard and banished them.
" This kid can burst summon? What? " The younger brother said with his jaw slack.
" Blaze through the skies with rising force, burn bright with my hopes and desires, Soar! Cobalt Agni-wing"
Two spheres of light came out of Kuya's disk and began to orbit each other, the steadily got closer and closer until the collided. A blue-pink assortment of nebulae erupted from the collision, a red ring of light rose up form the epicenter, under it the Burst monster was revealed as the ring ascended out of view. The sky-blue feathered phoenix screeched and flapped it's silver tipped wings.
Spoiler:
" Pretty bird, but what's it going to do? " He said before he was dumbstruck by his face down Mirror Force being destroyed when the monster flapped a wave of energy from it's wings.
" That. " Kuya uttered with a smirk. " and now I can draw for Azure's effect. " Kuya pulled a card from his deck.
" Attack ! "
Cobalt threw itself at the lupine monster, blazing contrails of light behind it's wings.
2300 vs 1800
???? LP = 3500.

Kuya felt a cold gust when the lycanthrope-like monster was destroyed.
-"people like us"- the image resonated in Kuya's mind.
-"Oh god..."- Kuya was scared, but he wasn't about to let it show.
END OF EPISODE ONE.

Last edited by Risewing on 2011-07-15, 01:21; edited 3 times in total
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-15, 00:36

Burst Summoning is so original and exciting. I like this Fan Fiction a lot. Can't wait for chapter 2!
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-15, 00:38

*girly giggles*.. ER
I mean * manly swagger*
Yeah... I'm awesome *struts*
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-15, 00:41

Risewing wrote:*girly giggles*.. ER
I mean * manly swagger*
Yeah... I'm awesome *struts*
Lol that's hilarious right there.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-15, 00:49

*continues strut-tation*
Aah, my Ego-grease is leaking D;
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-15, 01:22

EDITED, to be way more descriptive, hope you guys like!
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-15, 01:55

Nice nice nice! A bit more suspense would transform this into my fav fanfic at the moment! Keep it up 9/10
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-15, 02:05

Thanks so much! I'm so happy to find I"m getting a little bit of a following here. If people want I'll post up the song I chose for the opening theme. and some pictures of the characters.
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Faotemaru 2011-07-15, 16:15

Risewing wrote:EDITED, to be way more descriptive, hope you guys like!

and now that I've seen the edit compared to the last time I've read the story, it is much, much better.

It's pretty awesome, keep going at it!
Faotemaru
Faotemaru

Birthday : 1991-07-13

http://something.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-07-15, 23:29

peaks my interest so far keep it up
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-16, 15:06

Thanks everyone! Episode 2 is in the works!
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-17, 16:44

That is an interesting concept. Also, your card design is very nice. The cards you designed seemed like the kind of cards you would see in the anime. It looks like you put a lot of work into this new mechanic, which like I said, is very interesting. Keep up the good work.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-17, 16:47

*faints* I feel so awesome! yeah I've been trying to write this fanfic for a year now.
I just get demotivated because no one cares, but thanks to all you guys I should be able to keep pumping out chapters.
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-17, 16:51

Risewing wrote:*faints* I feel so awesome! yeah I've been trying to write this fanfic for a year now.
I just get demotivated because no one cares, but thanks to all you guys I should be able to keep pumping out chapters.
Don't give up. It doesn't matter if no one likes it as long as you enjoy what you are doing (in your situation). Luckily for you it was good and your hard work paid off. If someone doesn't like it, so what, they just don't have to read it anymore. It looks like everyone in this topic likes it so far, so keep at it!
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-17, 17:01

Thanks, oh and my avatar is Kuya, and I [put up some Kuya design sketches along with the details of his ace monster.
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-17, 17:03

The new card types are simply great! Keep it up.
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-17, 17:04

Thanks for all the encouragement guys you don't know how much it helps!
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-17, 22:09

Risewing wrote:Thanks for all the encouragement guys you don't know how much it helps!
Just keep the good quality work coming!
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-17, 22:35

Hai! Fantaju-sama v-v
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  enforceryYnachoezYy 2011-07-19, 02:59

If only burst monsters were real...

Love the fanfic btw. do you mind if i share an idea you could use later on?

enforceryYnachoezYy

Back to top Go down

Post  Risewing 2011-07-19, 03:00

Not at all!
Risewing
Risewing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down