Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through

+11
maskedhero303
nsanejokr
Adept VantageSP
Potus-Mat
Master Jordan
JDC
Smokay
DarkRiku
Zero2Hero
KaousFaustXIII
Red_Chaos
15 posters

Go down

Felt this way?

Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Vote_lcap46%Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Vote_rcap 46% 
[ 6 ]
Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Vote_lcap23%Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Vote_lcap31%Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Empty Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-02, 12:56

Im pretty sure im cursed with this, sometimes life can not be happy bliss.
When I make friends, its only for while before it starts going through the bends.

They fight over nothing at all, yet the anger gets spilled all over the wall.
It doesn't matter if my friends where short or tall, I always get stick in the bawl.

I have come to the conclusion that its me after all, this has happened every time and i should take the fall.
So run for your lives the curse stands strong, I must live with this lifelong.

Unlike ponies and fairy tales, i would should never make friends with girls or males.

Because the truth is clear, the curse remains near.
I can never maintain friendship, so i will go down with this ship.

Has anyone else felt this way???

Last edited by Red_Chaos on 2011-10-02, 14:15; edited 1 time in total
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Empty Re: Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-10-02, 13:03

cool rhymes bro '')/
also friendship sucks
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through  Empty Re: Friendship and the Trouble it puts you through

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-10-02, 13:06

Me? With Friends? Lol
Nope, I'm not friends with the people around me.
College is a new start where I can meet some Smart People.
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-10-02, 13:26

I picked maybe. Friendship is how humans bond to one another. I had tough times with my friends before but I always forgive. Sometimes we get mad at each other over nothing. We take some time off from each other to cool down and then we are friends again.

A friend is someone who will come and visit you in a jail cell.
A true friend will be in the jail cell with you.

DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-10-02, 13:34

Emolga 0 wrote:Me? With Friends? Lol
Nope, I'm not friends with the people around me.
College is a new start where I can meet some Smart People.
There is no way i can possibly agree with you more on that one.
Smokay
Smokay

Birthday : 1997-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  JDC 2011-10-02, 13:49

Some people just aren't good at being friends, and may be lacking in the social skills department. If they're messing it up too much though (i.e. they don't even try to fix mistakes and don't seem to care), it may be time to find better friends.
JDC
JDC

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-02, 14:14

JDC wrote:Some people just aren't good at being friends, and may be lacking in the social skills department. If they're messing it up too much though (i.e. they don't even try to fix mistakes and don't seem to care), it may be time to find better friends.

its frustrating because it seems when i find at least two or more friends they seem to collide.

why can't i befriends with both Sad
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-10-02, 14:26

ive competly given up on my so called friends irl. whats the point? you build bonds just so they can be broken by supid things, like fighting and then when you make it up again, it dont feel right. it a visous trap.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-02, 14:29

jordanrockz wrote:ive competly given up on my so called friends irl. whats the point? you build bonds just so they can be broken by supid things, like fighting and then when you make it up again, it dont feel right. it a visous trap.

does that apply online to?

and what do you do with family that nag you about it
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-10-02, 14:38

sometimes it is, I dont really talk to that many people online anyho, but i try to be a nice guy when i can, but for some people that not enough. My family (what little of it) is pertty ladback so they dont really care much.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-02, 14:40

jordanrockz wrote:sometimes it is, I dont really talk to that many people online anyho, but i try to be a nice guy when i can, but for some people that not enough. My family (what little of it) is pertty ladback so they dont really care much.

lucky you -_-
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-10-02, 14:43

Im guessing your family nags you to be a socal butterfly then?
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-02, 14:52

yes...and im not one
that and keeps asking why i don't have friends come over and no boyfriend

which seem to go hand and hand

they can't seem to realize that im destined to die alone
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokay 2011-10-02, 14:56

jordanrockz wrote:ive competly given up on my so called friends irl. whats the point? you build bonds just so they can be broken by supid things, like fighting and then when you make it up again, it dont feel right. it a visous trap.
ill start trying to make friends when i see yo internet ppl irl. and,again, i agree with you.
Internet friends, as mentioned above are ZOMG. howevwer, since i came back fom almost a month of being off the internet, im invisible here. no one even bothers reading/responding to my posts, and my topics always die. it's rlly pitiful once u think about it. I used to be the hell raiser here at one time.
Smokay
Smokay

Birthday : 1997-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Master Jordan 2011-10-02, 15:05

that sounds like how i was in school a while back, once i was petty popluar guy, but ever sence i had to take a month and a half off, no one would talk to me and im still confued why.now im just a recognisable shadow now,and i dont care about it.
Master Jordan
Master Jordan

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-02, 15:36

that sucks just as much as the rams offense :/
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-08, 21:54

Friendship Is Magic. Period.
Actually, I have many stories of this topic, and, as such, many opinions.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-09, 01:29

Red I feel your pain. All my friends basically became bandwagon booze hounds and druggies from peer pressure. Me? I decided to stay me, and not follow trends. What happened? I was deemed uncool and abandoned by my so call friends in grade school. In high school I had friends, but never close ones. Just because I liked yugioh and pokemon, and didn't drink or smoke weed they abandoned me. And then my friends who stuck by me slowly started getting converted. I am not weak though, so I stayed me. I do not give into peer pressure easily. So what if I am "not cool", at least I have my dignity and values. I have a lot of friends on this forum and I value all my friendships here. I consider my roomates in college friends, but they are my roommates after all. I just don't like when people (especially your friends) abandon you and shun you for something as trivial as liking a card game. The girls were the worst though. This one girl made it a point to make my life hell. Why? Because I liked a card game. She kept telling me to grow up and such, as well as being a total beach to me. People in High School were more excepting, but I never formed strong friendships again. I have become cynical and jaded from this. I know have tons of insecurities and fear people will harm me again, which is why I have a personal barrier I use to block people from getting to know me fully. I hate hiding my interests in fear of people being so judgmental with them. I have lightened up throughout the years and have opened up more to people, but people suck. Being cool is so damn important these day... I have learned a lot of harsh lessons along the way, I won't even get into my girl problems throughout high school... that is a story for myself and the people who were there. I like this forum though. The people are nice. People like Emolga, nsane, potus and red I can trust. I value their friendships.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-09, 01:32

Van, if you consider me nice, than you have dealt with some real crap people in life.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-09, 01:37

Potus-Mat wrote:Van, if you consider me nice, than you have dealt with some real crap people in life.

potus... i mean god your not a bad person
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  nsanejokr 2011-10-09, 01:46

I guess I'll throw in my two cents.

I'm in contact with very few of the people I was friends with in high school, because no longer being in the same proximity with each other kinda messes things up. Nevertheless, I still always had issues with maintaining friendships.

At the moment I have at tops four friends, but there's still plenty of people I talk to on at least a semi-regular basis. Most of the friends I do ever make are pretty different from me, and I never feel like I'm a part of a group of friends; it always feels like I'm a "guest." This is even the case with a current group of friends I have that wouldn't be a group if it wasn't for me since I was basically the mutual friend.

Very few of the friends I've ever had have ever really "understood" me. Part of me likes this for the fact it makes me semi-enigmatic, but the disconnect isn't all that pleasant. I always feel like the freak and never feel like I belong. While the friends I have now are pretty good I have to wonder if they are really the ones I want or belong with. I kinda blame my interests since they're so eclectic that it's hard to cement a place where I "belong." I by no means hate my set of interests, but I wish there were more people to share them with.
nsanejokr
nsanejokr

Birthday : 1990-09-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-10-09, 02:29

Red_Chaos wrote:
Potus-Mat wrote:Van, if you consider me nice, than you have dealt with some real crap people in life.

potus... i mean god your not a bad person

It has nothing to do with nice. You speak your mind, there is no bull with you. When you have a problem with someone, you tell them. You tell the truth, I respect that. You also think with logic.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2011-10-09, 04:41

vantagesp wrote:Red I feel your pain. All my friends basically became bandwagon booze hounds and druggies from peer pressure. Me? I decided to stay me, and not follow trends. What happened? I was deemed uncool and abandoned by my so call friends in grade school. In high school I had friends, but never close ones. Just because I liked yugioh and pokemon, and didn't drink or smoke weed they abandoned me. And then my friends who stuck by me slowly started getting converted. I am not weak though, so I stayed me. I do not give into peer pressure easily. So what if I am "not cool", at least I have my dignity and values. I have a lot of friends on this forum and I value all my friendships here. I consider my roomates in college friends, but they are my roommates after all. I just don't like when people (especially your friends) abandon you and shun you for something as trivial as liking a card game. The girls were the worst though. This one girl made it a point to make my life hell. Why? Because I liked a card game. She kept telling me to grow up and such, as well as being a total beach to me. People in High School were more excepting, but I never formed strong friendships again. I have become cynical and jaded from this. I know have tons of insecurities and fear people will harm me again, which is why I have a personal barrier I use to block people from getting to know me fully. I hate hiding my interests in fear of people being so judgmental with them. I have lightened up throughout the years and have opened up more to people, but people suck. Being cool is so damn important these day... I have learned a lot of harsh lessons along the way, I won't even get into my girl problems throughout high school... that is a story for myself and the people who were there. I like this forum though. The people are nice. People like Emolga, nsane, potus and red I can trust. I value their friendships.

I am not on the list yet. Darn! Sad

Anyway I am the same type of person. I liked being myself. I didn't drink, smoke, or party like everyone else did. I didn't follow the bandwagon of what was cool. I am an independent person. Don't get me wrong, I am a friendly person when I am around people. This is usually at work. It may be part of the job but I like being nice. Keeps my mood up. After working at Walmart for 7 & half years I have many friends at work even if it stays at work.

The point is if you live your life like everyone else wants you to live and/or what is cool at the time then you are living a lie to yourself and the way you show yourself to others. Some people are so hooked on staying with the what is IN group they forgot how to be just themselves.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  maskedhero303 2011-10-09, 06:28

Riku, I feel your pain, give it a few months, then we'll be worthy enough for his mentioning, but he did say "People like".

Anyway, I could never tell people that I like yugioh, I'd be the laughing stock of my year. I did tell a good friend who doesn't go to my school but we are close and went to the same primary (Middle school probably for you guys) school. He teases me about it and stuff saying its weird and its not really normal. It doesn't bother me, but imagine if I told him that I am a brony? In fact, he is on a forum and they have a brony thread, he said they're messed up people. I had to agree with him to avoid suspicion, I'm a terrible liar though, but he didn't see through it. Imagine that on higher scale of telling a high school friend who can't keep the secret?

And Nsane, I understand what you mean, at my school I hang around a group of people, mainly because I know them from primary(The guys from primary are some I'm pretty close to, but they're mainly all kind of chavvy(Minus the priamary friends), I don't find their jokes or what they find funny to be funny that much, though I do occasionally have chuckle at them. Really, you're lucky that you live in a country where it wouldn't be so hard to find someone who shares your interests, in England, I can honestly say that finding someone who likes yugioh without going to a locals is extremely hard.

Last edited by maskedhero303 on 2011-10-13, 12:44; edited 1 time in total
maskedhero303
maskedhero303

Back to top Go down

Post  Shizomi 2011-10-09, 11:01

I have read all of the posts and I must say a lot of you are bad at the whole social aspect. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but thats really what it sounds like. After reading all of this it really make me feel appreciative of all the friends I have. The guy friends I have are all fans of yugioh/pokemon/anime/manga/video games/etc. And the lady friends I have are into anime/manga/internet memes/video games/etc. I had recently came out of my anti social shell that I'm seeing a lot of you guys/girls are still in, and since I came out I've made tons of new friends with common interests. I've been especially good at making lady friends. I have also told some of my lady friends that I like yuioh and they don't care at all, in fact, one of them even said "Man, Magic: The Gathering is so much better." and she meant it. But as for every school there are crowds of druggies and D-bags but I tend to not be around them until I have to go to class In which case I usually keep to myself If none of my friends are in that same class. Over all, I'm fairly social when around the right people and anti social around jerks. But that pretty much applies to a lot of people.
Shizomi
Shizomi

Birthday : 1995-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  maskedhero303 2011-10-09, 13:01

Shizomi wrote:I have read all of the posts and I must say a lot of you are bad at the whole social aspect. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but thats really what it sounds like. After reading all of this it really make me feel appreciative of all the friends I have. The guy friends I have are all fans of yugioh/pokemon/anime/manga/video games/etc. And the lady friends I have are into anime/manga/internet memes/video games/etc. I had recently came out of my anti social shell that I'm seeing a lot of you guys/girls are still in, and since I came out I've made tons of new friends with common interests. I've been especially good at making lady friends. I have also told some of my lady friends that I like yuioh and they don't care at all, in fact, one of them even said "Man, Magic: The Gathering is so much better." and she meant it. But as for every school there are crowds of druggies and D-bags but I tend to not be around them until I have to go to class In which case I usually keep to myself If none of my friends are in that same class. Over all, I'm fairly social when around the right people and anti social around jerks. But that pretty much applies to a lot of people.

Man, I envy you. If I had friends like that I'd be happy to go to school everyday, honestly. Now stop bragging about your amazing friends >:O(Sarcasm there, in case you didn't notice). No one is really interested in what I like in my school, so I usually just stay fairly quiet. But when I'm around my old friends, we talk allot about video games and stuff.
maskedhero303
maskedhero303

Back to top Go down

Post  Supreme_King 2011-10-09, 13:09

I'm not in any of the above situation, but I'm in a bit of both worlds. First of all, nobody, and I mean nobody, thinks I'm uncool or stuff just because I like YGO, and AFAIK, I'm the only guy in this region to even know basic rulings. Second of all, damn, does anybody here find hard to make a girlfriend, yet STUPIDLY EASY to make friends that are girls? I mean it's so freaking frustrating, I have flirted with I think over 20 girls in my school and never got a single girlfriend -_- Don't say it's cause of YGO or animes, trust me, never mentioned a single thing and still no luck Sad
Supreme_King
Supreme_King
Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata

Birthday : 1994-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-09, 13:14

Supreme_King wrote:I'm not in any of the above situation, but I'm in a bit of both worlds. First of all, nobody, and I mean nobody, thinks I'm uncool or stuff just because I like YGO, and AFAIK, I'm the only guy in this region to even know basic rulings. Second of all, damn, does anybody here find hard to make a girlfriend, yet STUPIDLY EASY to make friends that are girls? I mean it's so freaking frustrating, I have flirted with I think over 20 girls in my school and never got a single girlfriend -_- Don't say it's cause of YGO or animes, trust me, never mentioned a single thing and still no luck Sad

i know what you mean i asked like 4 or 5 guys to several dances with the intent of wanting to go farther and they still turned my down..and its wasn't like these guys were jocks ok maybe one was a jock but i really didn't directly ask him because i found out he had a girlfriend but anyway. the rest were pure geeks and still no yes No
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-10-09, 14:38

Meh. I guess I shall tell my tale. Someone get a piano.
So, my first memory is me in my garage running towards one of my friends, David. He was a South Korean orphan adopted by an American couple. Like many Asian adopted children, his parents spoiled him. He was a brat, but I dealt with him because the only other kids in they neighborhood were Tyler, a control freak who had a spotty attendance record in the neighborhood, and Bryan, another brat. Eventually, another kid moved in, named, strangely enough, Matthew. We were best of friends, but he was touchy, so I was very limited in what I could say about my belief system. Through him, I met Ninji, another kid in the grade below me. At school, I was alone at grade school, save for a week or two when a tribe of females attempted to adopt me with... undesired results. At middle school, I was mercilessly bullied. During these two schools, both my intellect and hatred grew exponentially, and it felt great. Then, at high school, I desired to gain comrades. This nearly worked, but I was more of an orbital observer than an actual friend. In the third year, I fell in love, which obviously did not work out well. The new variable disrupted my calculation of half-assery, so I failed the grade. I enacted my secondary contingency, departing the primary educational system and getting my Good Enough Degree, and I now go to the college my father works at. Here, I commonly take a class I refer to as "Brawl 101", where a group of students play Super Smash Brothers Brawl inbetwixt class. These people are much older than me, yet they make better comrades than I have had in recent memory.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-10-09, 14:44

Brawl 101? Sign me up! XD
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-10-09, 15:35

Emolga 0 wrote:Brawl 101? Sign me up! XD

crap my college doesn't offer that course maybe time for another transfer?
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayah 2011-10-09, 22:52

Haha, I went to a somewhat rigorous highschool and a good college, none of my friends have ever done drinking and such. My best friend doesn't play yugioh but she does dork out plenty with me which is great - and she doesn't mind too much when I get sidetracked for hours at a con at the yugioh section. As long as we spend twice as long playing SSB together later. She's been a great support for when I'm depressed and such. True friends are wonderful.

College kinda sucks in that I don't see my old friends (my best friend is on the other side of the US from me now) as often and haven't made as solid new friends in college yet. Guess that's the only trouble of having really awesome friends - you miss them even more when you are separated from them. Thank god for fb and skype though

Sidenote: Every class was brawl 101 near the end of the year at my highschool once AP/IB exams were over haha. It was wonderful.

Fayah

Back to top Go down

Post  whitelightning31 2011-12-02, 02:15

you might be friends with 999,999 people and it wouldnt work out.....but that 1,000,000th person might just be the person you're looking.

there was this kid in skool that one wanted to be friends with.....so i decided to approach that person and we kinda just started talking about yugioh cause that's all we had in common, and the rest of friends(except one because if he betrayed me i'll kick his ass so hard he'll wish that he was never born) said that they didnt wanted to be seen with that 'nerd' so they stopped hanging out with me, and one of them was going to threw a rock at the 'nerd' and i stand in the way, and said....you want to hit me?......he ended up throwing the rock because he thought i wouldnt move, and i got my knee busted open.......i still kicked his ass with my burst knee.

well, in the end it was the 'nerd' and one of my friend who was left.....eventually everyone who hated the 'nerd' sorta just got use to him cause they needed my help in certain things more than i needed they help(actually i didnt needed anyone's help)........so they had to be around.
i'm the kinda guy that will kick your ass if you started a fight with me(i mean really started something).....then help you up after kicking your ass and offer to be friends and dont hate(most the time i guess).

they are people who'll be your friend no matter what you do and what you say assuming it isnt something illegal(idk if i'm one and i dont really care so eh)....they're just a little hard to find. i say if there's 1% chance of finding what your looking, then fight or search for til the very end and never give-up......one life to live and if we was born to be alone, then we'll be born alone without a single person on the earth(dont get technical on me, you, whoever is gonna screw up that last line i wrote)
whitelightning31
whitelightning31

https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Whitelightning31/1114507856028

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down