Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri

+4
Lovelace
Vincent
OverlordMMM
Karakuri911
8 posters

Go down

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri Empty The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri

Post  Karakuri911 2011-11-06, 21:54

Table of contents
I:Intro
II:Members
III:Techs
IV:Conclusion

I:Intro

Salutations everyone. My first time making a guide forum on DN, so I'm a bit nervous, but I just couldn't stand there not being a guide to my favorite archtype, so lets begin shall we?

What are Karakuri? Basically they are mechanical puppets designed after different types of people from feudal Japan. The word itself its means to describe mechanical devices to tease, trick, or surprise, and trust me, they cna be a nasty surprise. All the main deck ones must attack if possible, and change battle positions when attacked. (Some only switch to def, but few will change in whatever position they are attacked.

II:Members

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriMerchantmdl177%22Inashichi%22STBL-EN-R-1E
Karakuri Merchant mdl 177 "Inashichi"
EARTH/**/Machine/Effect
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card on the field is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. When this card is Normal Summoned, add 1 "Karakuri" card from your Deck to your hand.
ATK/500 DEF/1500

One of many of the Karakuri cards that help gain card advantage. And its not limited to monsters, you can grab ANY Karakuri card you may need.

Run 2-3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriSoldiermdl236%22Nisamu%22STBL-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Soldier mdl 236 "Nisamu"
EARTH/****/Machine/Effect
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card on the field is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Karakuri" monster from your Deck in face-up Attack Position.
ATK/1400 DEF/200

The recruiter of the archtype. not much but can help maintain field presence and may be vital to the synchros.

Run 3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriBushimdl6318%E2%80%9CMuzanichiha%E2%80%9DSTBL-EN-R-1E
Karakuri Bushi mdl 6318 "Muzanichiha"
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card on the field is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. If another "Karakuri" monster on the field is destroyed, this card gains 400 ATK.
ATK/1800 DEF/600

One of the most Badass looking of them all, and yet the most useless.

Run 0

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriNinjamdl339SazankSTBL-EN-SR-1E
Karakuri Ninja mdl 339 "Sazank"
EARTH/***/Machine/Effect
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. When this card is flipped face-up, select 1 face-up monster on the field, and send it to the Graveyard. During the turn this card is flipped face-up, it can attack your opponent directly.
ATK/1200 DEF/1200

Stardust getting you down? Sazank will fix that problem. My personal favorite of them all.

Run 2-3 (Be it Karakuri or Ninja.)

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriStrategistmdl248%22Nishipachi%22STBL-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Strategist mdl 248 "Nishipachi"
EARTH/***/Machine/Tuner
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. When this card is Normal or Special Summoned, select 1 monster on the field and change its battle position.
ATK/500 DEF/1600

The first tuner. Not that great, but still has its uses. (Like machine dupe.)

Run 1-3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriBarrelmdl96ShinkuroSTBL-EN-R-1E
Karakuri Barrel mdl 96 "Shinkuro"
EARTH/**/Machine/Tuner
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card on the field is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.
ATK/400 DEF/400

Second tuner. Tiny wall is tiny.

Run 0-1

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriNinjamdl919KuickSTOR-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Ninja mdl 919 "Kuick"
This card must attack if able. When this face-up card is selected as an attack target, change its battle position. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, select 1 Level 4 or lower "Karakuri" monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position.
ATK/1700 DEF/1500

One of the only two female (I guess?) of the mechanized dynasty. Both of which have their own way of setting up syncrhos.

Run 2-3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriWatchdogmdl313SaizanSTOR-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Watchdog mdl 313 "Saizan"
EARTH/****/Machine/Tuner
This card must attack if able. When this face-up card on the field is selected as an attack target, change its Battle Position. When you take Battle Damage from a battle involving this card, all face-up "Karakuri" monsters you control gain 800 ATK and DEF until the End Phase. While this card is in face-up Attack Position, it cannot be destroyed by battle.
ATK/600 DEF/1800

Third tuner. Mediocre effect, but surprisingly useful to help hop over stuff.

Run 2

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriKomachimdl224NinishiEXVC-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Komachi mdl 224 "Ninishi"
EARTH/***/Machine/Tuner
This card must attack if able. When this face-up card on the field is selected as an attack target, change its battle position. While this card is face-up on the field, once per turn during your Main Phase, you can Normal Summon a "Karakuri" monster in addition to your Normal Summon or Set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn.)
ATK/0 DEF/1900

DMG ain't got nothing on her smexyness! X3 But seriously, one of the crucial parts of this deck. Would be better without that last part, but oh well.

Run 3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriNinjamdl7749NanashickEXVC-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Ninja mdl 7749 "Nanashick"
EARTH/*****/Machine/Effect
This card must attack if able. When this face-up card on the field is selected as an attack target, change its battle position. When this card is Normal Summoned, you can draw 1 card for each face-up Defense Position "Karakuri" monster you control.
ATK/2200 DEF/1800

Instant Cyber Saurus is better.

Run 0 (Unless you really want to.)

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriMusomdl818HaipaSTOR-EN-UR-1E
Karakuri Muso mdl 818 "Haipa"
This card must attack if able. When this face-up Attack Position card is selected as an attack target, change it to Defense Position. If this card attacks, change it to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase.
ATK/2100 DEF/1100

Typical low level beater that switches to DEF after attacking, but that may be a good thing. X3

Run 0-1

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriShogunmdl00%E2%80%9CBurei%E2%80%9DSTBL-EN-UR-1E
Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
EARTH/*******/Machine/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. Once per turn, you can select 1 monster on the field, and change its battle position.
ATK/2600 DEF/1900

The first and best boss of the Karakuri. Upon coming to play, you can already get out any other Karakuri from deck. Also great to rid those pesky walls cowering in defense mode, or running over bigger beatsticks.

Run 3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriSteelShogunmdl00XBureidoSTOR-EN-UR-1E
Karakuri Steel Shogun mdl 00X "Bureido"
EARTH/********/Machine/Synchro/Effect
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner Machine-Type monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "Karakuri" monster from your Deck. Once per turn, when the battle position of a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control is changed, draw 1 card.
ATK/2800 DEF/2000

Second boss. Basically for beating and draw power.

Run 2-3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriShowdownCastleSTBL-EN-R-1E
Karakuri Showdown Castle
Field Spell
When a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control selects an opponent's face-up monster as an attack target, you can change the target's battle position. When this face-up card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can select 1 Level 4 or higher "Karakuri" monster in your Graveyard, and Special Summon it.

Good for pure Karakuri, but I personally don't use.

Run 0-2

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri Karakuri_AnatomySTBL-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Anatomy
Continuous Spell
Each time a "Karakuri" monster's battle position is changed, place 1 Karakuri Counter on this card (max. 2). You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard to draw 1 card for each Karakuri Counter on this card.

Hello draw power. I love you.

Run 2-3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriCashCacheSTOR-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Cash Cache
Normal Spell
Select 1 face-up "Karakuri" monster you control. Add 1 Level 4 or lower "Karakuri" monster from your Deck to your hand, and change the battle position of the selected monster.

ROTAs are always fun.

Run 3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriGoldDustSTOR-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Gold Dust
Quick-Play Spell
Activate only during the Battle Phase. Select 2 face-up "Karakuri" monsters in Attack Position. Change 1 of the selected monsters to Defense Position, and the other gains ATK equal to the ATK of the monster changed to Defense Position, until the End Phase.

Nice surprise, but eh.

Run 0-1

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri RunawayKarakuriEXVC-EN-C-1E
Runaway Karakuri
Quick-Play Spell
Select 1 face-up "Karakuri" monster on the field. Until the End Phase, it gains 1000 ATK, but its effect(s) is negated.

When you're too cheap for Limiter.

Run 0-1

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriCashShedEXVC-EN-SR-1E
Karakuri Cash Shed
Counter Trap
Activate only if you control a "Karakuri" monster in face-up Defense Position. Negate the activation of an opponent's Spell/Trap Card and destroy it.

Dark Bribe without having your opponent plus? I'm in! The requirement is not at all hard to fill out.

Run 2

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriKlockSTBL-EN-SR-1E
Karakuri Klock
Normal Trap
Activate only when a face-up Defense Position "Karakuri" monster is selected as an attack target. Destroy all face-up monsters your opponent controls.

Archtype Mirror Force. Again, not hard to meet conditions, but don't go overboard.

Run 1

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri KarakuriTrickHouseSTBL-EN-C-1E
Karakuri Trick House
Normal Trap
Activate only when the battle position of a face-up "Karakuri" monster you control is changed . Select 1 card on the field, and destroy it.

Surprise! X3

Run 2-3

II:Techs

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri CardTrooperLCGX-EN-C-1E
Card Trooper
EARTH/***/Machine/Effect
Once per turn: You can choose a number from 1 to 3, then send that many cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard; this card gains 500 ATK for each card sent to the Graveyard this way, until the End Phase. When this card you control is destroyed and sent to your Graveyard: Draw 1 card.
ATK/400 DEF/400

Not sure why, but he's actually fun in this. Plus it may help Kuick.

Run 0-2

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri MachinaFortressSDMM-EN-UR-1E
Machina Fortress
EARTH/*******/Machine/Effect
You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls. When this face-up card you control is targeted by an opponent's Effect Monster's effect, look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from their hand.
ATK/2500 DEF/1600

Always fun to troll with.

Run 0-2

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri NaturiaBeastHA02-EN-ScR-1E
Naturia Beast
EARTH/*****/Beast/Synchro/Effect
1 EARTH Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner EARTH monsters
While this card is face-up on the field, you can send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard to negate the activation of a Spell Card and destroy it.
ATK/2200 DEF/1700

Komachi + Merchant = No spells for you.

Run 1-2

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri NaturiaBarkionHA03-EN-ScR-1E
Naturia Barkion
EARTH/******/Dragon/Synchro/Effect
While this card is face-up on the field, you can remove from play 2 cards in your Graveyard to negate the activation of a Trap Card and destroy it.
ATK/2500 DEF/1800

If you're running, Beast, might as well.

Run 1-2

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110502003352/yugioh/images/1/19/NaturiaLandoiseHA04-EN-ScR-1E.png
EARTH/*******/Rock/Synchro/Effect
While this card is face-up on the field, you can send 1 Spell Card from your hand to the Graveyard to negate the activation of an Effect Monster's effect, and destroy that Effect Monster.
ATK/2350 DEF/1600

Eh.

Side 1

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri LimiterRemovalDT04-EN-DNPR-DT
Limiter Removal
Quick-Play Spell
Double the ATK of all face-up Machine-Type monsters you control, until the end of this turn. During the End Phase, destroy all monsters that were affected by this effect.

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri MachineDuplicationSDMM-EN-C-1E
Machine Duplication
Normal Spell
Select 1 face-up Machine-Type monster you control with 500 or less ATK. You can Special Summon up to 2 cards with the same name from your Deck.

Karakuri OTK FTW!

Run 0-1

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri DekoichitheBattlechantedLocomotiveYSDS-EN-C-1E
Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive
DARK/****/Machine/Effect
FLIP: Draw 1 card. For each face-up "Bokoichi the Freightening Car" you control, draw an additional card.
ATK/1400 DEF/1000

I like trains.

Run 0-3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri BlackSalvoDT05-EN-DNPR-DT
Black Salvo
DARK/***/Machine/Tuner
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can select 1 Level 4 DARK Machine-Type monster from your Graveyard, and Special Summon it in face-up Defense Position. Its effect(s) is negated.
ATK/100 DEF/1100

He also likes trains.

Run 0-3

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri InstantFusionLCGX-EN-UR-1E
Instant Fusion
Normal Spell
Pay 1000 Life Points; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon). The Fusion Monster Special Summoned by this effect cannot attack, and is destroyed during the End Phase. Only 1 "Instant Fusion" can be activated per turn.

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri CyberSaurusMRD-NA-C-UE
Cyber Saurus
EARTH/*****/Machine/Fusion
"Blast Juggler" + "Two-Headed King Rex"
ATK/1800 DEF/1400

For easy Burrito.

Run 1 each.

IV:Conclusion

Sorry if this didn't turn out as informative as one would exepect. (Like I said, I'm new to this, and also I'm a bit lazy.) But I at least hope that people will look more into this archtype. Anyhow, here's my build.

Monsters:
KK Merchant x3
KK Komachi x3
KK N. Sazank x3
KK N. Kuick x2
KK Strag x2
KK Soldier x3
KK W.Dog x2
KK Haipa x1
KK Barrel x1
Card Trooper x1

Spells:
KK Cash Cache x3
KK Anatomy x3
Reborn x1
Instant F. x1
Avarice x1
MST x2

Traps:
Bottomless x1
D.Bribe x1
KK Cash Shed x2
KK Klockx1
KK Trick House x2
Mirror Force x1
Solemn J. x1
Torrential x1

Extra:
Cyber Saurus x1
Black Rose x1
KK Burei x3
KK Bureido x2
N. Barkion x1
N. Beast x1
Scrap Dragon x1
Stardust x1
Red DA x1
Leviar x1
17 x1
Utopia x1

Side:
N. Landoise x1
LI Mirror x2
DI Mirror x2
D.D. Crow x1
KK Trick House x1
Eff Veiler x1
Gozen Match x2
Machina Fortress x2
Machina Gearframe x2
D.D. Grounds x1

Also, and tips or advice is welcome. ^w^
Karakuri911
Karakuri911

Back to top Go down

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri Empty Re: The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri

Post  OverlordMMM 2011-11-06, 22:25

I toyed around with them before, and actually enjoyed using the field Spell with them. I'd usually use Double Cyclone to pop one of their spell/ traps and gain a free monster.

Combine Double Cyclone with Z-One (to retrieve it from the grave) or Geartown for some more fun.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri Empty Re: The Steampunk Dynasty: Guide to Karakuri

Post  Vincent 2011-11-06, 22:32

I'm very sorry, but this guide.... so much is just wroooooong.... D:

In general you hit the major points, but the most obvious mistake I keep seeing is you totally miss the importance of Strategist, one of their most important cards. Basically a "3 or die" card.

Free switches, free anatomy counters, free problem solving, free trigger for a +1 from Burrito... the list goes on. It really adds alot to the deck, and it really demonstrates a slightly misguided view of the deck that you had that oversight.

Now to the other flaws:

- Sazank at 3 is really not nessecary. You totally overstate his importance and effect. You can't even set him if he is the only monster on field, as flipping him will cause that he kills himself. If you need control, proper application of the Naturia Synchros and Karakuri Trick House are where you're supposed to be looking if you know how to use this arch. Sazank is a 0-1 card really.

- Are we gonna to totally ignore Cyber Dragon? I mean, that IS how the OTK was first discovered, using Cyber Dragon. Definitely a notable idea for Karas, even if not entirely essential.

- Haipa was also horribly understated. He's a beatstick that helps set up easy otks, give free swaps for counters, and sets you up for Klock and Loaned without issue. Definitely worthy for being used at 3.

- Dekohi probably didn't need a shout-out. This is just because I think your guide might mislead people into thinking this standard tech for karas, which isn't true. Deck is very fast and has plentiful draw power ignoring Train+Salvo. May even be better off.

You obviously had good intentions, but I think you overestimated your understanding of the arch. I don't mean to rag on you, but I figured this needed saying and might as well be me who says it.

EDIT: Cleaned this up for easier read. And added color to important points.

Last edited by Vincent on 2011-11-07, 03:35; edited 1 time in total
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-11-06, 22:38

I liked Karakuri before everybody using them started acting like Komachi has a trigger effect.....
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-11-07, 00:41

No mention of Chaos Infinity and Grannel Ein? Somewhere, Roxzen is crying...
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-07, 03:31

I is a Wisel dude myself.

I might also add to my corretions of this thread one or two things:

- You shouldn't really need, or even go for, Xyz. The deck is a synchro outlet at it's core, and while maybe a Utopia shoved in wouldn't hurt, needs the extra deck space to pack problem-solving synchros. I see zero purpose for Leviair, except maybe you thinking you could make some odd, situational Barkion-Leviair loop. Which still isn't worth losing the level 3 karaks primarily run (their two stars of the show: Strategist and Komachi)

- The field spell was also seriously overlooked here.The field, if/when destroyed, gives you a free Burrito, Burei, Kuick, Haipa, or Saizan to turn to. Considering if you wanted you can run Double Cyclone, or 1-2 Geartowns with Gajiltrons in tow to make the effect easy; this is a very huge advantage for the deck you just left completely untapped. Your only comment was ironic, since running the field actually happens more in mixes involving karakuris rather than pures. Though, to be fair, it takes place in both.

- I recommend Cyber Dragon over Fusion>Cybersaurus for the above reason. When I make karakuris I rarely have extra deck space after covering the basics. The less space used the better. Plus Cyber Dragon is a free beater that can even use that space more wisely with Chimeratech Fortress, a free out vs Machines. More of a side deck Fusion, if ever such a thing existed.

Again, good intention, bad execution. Let's get everyone off on the right foot with Karakuris, shall we?
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Karakuri911 2011-11-07, 16:42

Vincent wrote:I'm very sorry, but this guide.... so much is just wroooooong.... D:

In general you hit the major points, but the most obvious mistake I keep seeing is you totally miss the importance of Strategist, one of their most important cards. Basically a "3 or die" card.

Free switches, free anatomy counters, free problem solving, free trigger for a +1 from Burrito... the list goes on. It really adds alot to the deck, and it really demonstrates a slightly misguided view of the deck that you had that oversight.

Now to the other flaws:

- Sazank at 3 is really not nessecary. You totally overstate his importance and effect. You can't even set him if he is the only monster on field, as flipping him will cause that he kills himself. If you need control, proper application of the Naturia Synchros and Karakuri Trick House are where you're supposed to be looking if you know how to use this arch. Sazank is a 0-1 card really.

- Are we gonna to totally ignore Cyber Dragon? I mean, that IS how the OTK was first discovered, using Cyber Dragon. Definitely a notable idea for Karas, even if not entirely essential.

- Haipa was also horribly understated. He's a beatstick that helps set up easy otks, give free swaps for counters, and sets you up for Klock and Loaned without issue. Definitely worthy for being used at 3.

- Dekohi probably didn't need a shout-out. This is just because I think your guide might mislead people into thinking this standard tech for karas, which isn't true. Deck is very fast and has plentiful draw power ignoring Train+Salvo. May even be better off.

You obviously had good intentions, but I think you overestimated your understanding of the arch. I don't mean to rag on you, but I figured this needed saying and might as well be me who says it.

No offense at all. ^w^

Like I said, advice is welcome. As for not mention Cyber Dragon, that mainly due to my personal dislike of it.

never thought of strategist or haipa like that. But then how many of the others do I run? (Hopefully without the ****blocker of a cyber dragon.)
Karakuri911
Karakuri911

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled 2011-11-07, 17:24

Vincent wrote:I'm very sorry, but this guide.... so much is just wroooooong.... D:

Now to the other flaws:

Strategist at 3 really clogs the deck with to many tuners and haipa isn't needed at 3 it would clog as well. If you play Karakuri right your field should consist of 3-4 synchros and 1-2 haipa/kuick. Drawing haipa hurts the deck. IMO trick house isn't needed either it is a win more card to me. I do agree with you about Train+Salvo and Sazank both of which are not needed
Exiled
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-07, 17:40

How many of the others do you run? All right, I think I can help you (since I retty much hi-jacked the thread I feel responsible now anyhow Neutral)

Saizan = 1-2: He's good, Burrito is great, however with all the searching power this deck has, normally one does you quite fine. And besides, normal use for him is being recycled by Kuick anyhow.

Sazank = Side Deck - 2: Personally, I side him for when I need popping power, but otherwise the deck will be okay in his absence. 2 would be max, and that's just if you want better odds of 6 star synchros.

Nisamu = 2-3: You were on the money with this. Maintains field presence for when you have a tuner in hand, and helps thin the deck.

As a matter of fact, most of the rest you got correct. The 1800 is pretty meaningless now that we have Haipa in existence. Nanashick is pretty bad and could lead to dead draws, so he should only be run if, for whatever reason, the user must have him because they think he's cool. Kuick is important and an easy 3 for the deck with free synchro summons everytime he kills someone.

Cyber is nice, and if you have personal distaste, that's fine. The deck tackles making 8 stars easily enough with saizan recycling. The only thing you miss then is being able to bust out Fortress; and that isn't that bad this format IMO since I've been seeing less and less machines out there. DEFINITELY worth siding for the Mirror Match though, since Karakuris are still somewhat popular.

I'm going to tinker with my deck model a bit and post it up.

One more word of advice. MAIN DECK THAT DAMN LIMITER REMOVAL. If you summon Burei, and get Haipa via his eff, it's an OTK. (2600x2)+(2100x2)= 9300 Life Points damage. It's practically a nail in their coffin if you draw the thing.

@ Exiled: You ninja'd me, but that's good because now I get two birds with one stone.

I can actually see what you're getting at: with Strategist. Drawing him isn't always helpful. I don't see how drawing Haipa hurts the deck because if nothing else he is a free beater that normal summons right on the spot and sets you up to use both Klock and Loaned after attacking.

You are indeed correct, a field should end up 3-4 synchs with a Haipa and maybe Kuick out there. However, drawing Haipa won't hurt you, for aforementioned reasons. Plus, in order to ensure you have one to search in your deck, it's nice to have him in threes. Not to say you couldn't get by without him in threes.

I think your suggestions hold weight, but having said that, I still think you open ended. Karakuri's have enough search that less copies of key cards could be run, for sure.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Karakuri911 2011-11-07, 19:56

Vincent wrote:How many of the others do you run? All right, I think I can help you (since I retty much hi-jacked the thread I feel responsible now anyhow Neutral)

Saizan = 1-2: He's good, Burrito is great, however with all the searching power this deck has, normally one does you quite fine. And besides, normal use for him is being recycled by Kuick anyhow.

Sazank = Side Deck - 2: Personally, I side him for when I need popping power, but otherwise the deck will be okay in his absence. 2 would be max, and that's just if you want better odds of 6 star synchros.

Nisamu = 2-3: You were on the money with this. Maintains field presence for when you have a tuner in hand, and helps thin the deck.

As a matter of fact, most of the rest you got correct. The 1800 is pretty meaningless now that we have Haipa in existence. Nanashick is pretty bad and could lead to dead draws, so he should only be run if, for whatever reason, the user must have him because they think he's cool. Kuick is important and an easy 3 for the deck with free synchro summons everytime he kills someone.

Cyber is nice, and if you have personal distaste, that's fine. The deck tackles making 8 stars easily enough with saizan recycling. The only thing you miss then is being able to bust out Fortress; and that isn't that bad this format IMO since I've been seeing less and less machines out there. DEFINITELY worth siding for the Mirror Match though, since Karakuris are still somewhat popular.

I'm going to tinker with my deck model a bit and post it up.

One more word of advice. MAIN DECK THAT DAMN LIMITER REMOVAL. If you summon Burei, and get Haipa via his eff, it's an OTK. (2600x2)+(2100x2)= 9300 Life Points damage. It's practically a nail in their coffin if you draw the thing

Okay then. Thanks for the advice. ^w^ (I'm still maining sazank in Ninjas.)
Karakuri911
Karakuri911

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-11-07, 20:05

Granel Ein...
Put in Granel Ein and Chaos Infinity...
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Exiled 2011-11-07, 20:13

Thank you do much Vincent, you are probably the first person who hasn't launched an all out attack mission against me fir disagreeing with me.

I do see your point on Haipa how having those extra's in your deck are useful my point with it is that I would rather use my normal summon on a Komachi or a Merchant for pluses instead of a beater but it doesn't hurt you it is just my play style to go for the first option.

My point on strategist wasn't about drawing him (I think you misunderstood) what I was trying to get at was that it isn't needed at 3 IMO, again im sure it would work but it seems to cloggy for me. The points you made for it being a 3 or die card is what I disagree with although I do see its relativity with all of the decks strengths.

Im always open to ideas so don't think im not open minded because if someone who knows what they are talking about (like yourself) comes along I will listen to there opinions.
Exiled
Exiled

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2011-11-07, 23:59

Oh, I like Nishi mostly because if I draw Cash Cache plus Anatomy I'm guaranteed a plus, and since I'd rather search him than Komachi for Burei if I need another tuner since the effect will be much more helpful (this is assuming I used Komachi for the first Burei, meaning I can't apply the effect again anyway).

It's a matter of personal taste at that point. Max out your field advantage, or your hand advantage.

And also thought I'd add chances are you're right though, I have 7 tuners, I normally prefer 6, but I went for the extra Nishipachi. Not sure what I'd replace it with though, honestly. Maybe Sazank or something.

ON THAT NOTE, I did say I was going to post my dek here as a (hopefully) much better template for people to work with:

Monsters - 20:

1x Cyber Dragon
3x Komachi
3x Inashichi
3x Haipa
3x Kuick
3x Nisamu
3x Nishipachi
1x Saizan

Spells - 12:

1x Dark Hole
3x Anatomy
3x Cash Cache
2x Karakuri Castle
1x Monster Reborn
1x Pot of Avarice

Traps - 8:

2x Loaned Storage
3x Trick House
1x Mirror Force
2x Solemn Warning

Extra - 15:

1x Ally of Justice Catastor
1x Black Rose Dragon
1x Brionac
3x Burei
2x Burrito
1x Barkion
2x Nat Beast
1x Nat Landoise
1x Scrap Dragon
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Trishula

Side Deck:

1x Cyber
2x D.D. Crow
2x Sazank
1x Heavy Storm
2x Bottomless
2x Debunk
1x Karakuri Klock
1x Starlight Road
1x Torrential
2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon

Well, yeah, this is something I whipped up a little while ago, Probably going to knock a Trick House out in favor of Heavy Storm, a Nishi out for a Cyber Dragon or something, and possibly other changes. I might also build a mixed variant based off of my friends irl deck.

And no problem, I don't like assaulting people.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Farls_Barkley 2012-01-18, 00:28

Nice deck Vincent, but I would personally find room for a Chimeratech Fortress Dragon in the main. It helps out against Zenamaines and can save yourself a
super-neg if they summon Summon or Set Cyber to Contact with.
Farls_Barkley
Farls_Barkley

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2012-01-18, 03:15

Fortress is by definition a side because it's a wasted slot if they don't happen to have machines plentiful enough to get away with it. However should that be the case, you get the victory in rounds 2 and 3 that much easier. It's not even close to worth maining unless you don't play full rounds (i.e. best 2 out of 3)

I think the last karakuri model I made was quite different from this one. I've made many different variants on the same arch; I never quite feel happy with these guys as far as ironing them out. Though I do so love playing them. Too bad Thunder King will pretty much squash you as a turn one play if you didn't open with Komachi or Haipa in hand (that's not including their backrow into the equation).They can be built according to deal with the problem, but they're never quite as effective that way.

Edit: This thread is sooooo old. Necromancy sir, it is your calling.
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Dimes 2012-01-30, 20:14

Where's Genex Neutron? The deck's main appeal is its ability to search, but you've forgotten about it!

Also, I'd like to point out that an Instant Fusion+ a level 3 tuner can lead to a Barkion if you summon Fusionist. You could also pull out a Karbonala Warrior with Merchant and Komachi to create Trishula. I feel that Instant Fusion really deserves more merit than what you give it simply because of the many possibilities it brings.

Dimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Vincent 2012-01-30, 21:37

Heh, Yeah right, Genex Neutron. Because in this meta I need one more reason to hand over the game to my opponent if they summon Thunder King.

Instant Fusion is fine, I'm just personally not a fan. It is a bonus; it isn't necessary and can even go as far as being a dead draw in the Kara decks I normally make (I rarely leave space over for Xyzs, as synchros take priority in a Kuri deck).
Vincent
Vincent

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down