Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Appropriate - ruling

5 posters

Go down

Solved Appropriate - ruling

Post  Virtuozo 2011-11-21, 15:19

Hi everyone.

Well, I was playing against this guy and he chained Appropriate to Dark World Dealings in order to activate it. I said he couldn't do that because the last thing the opponent does is NOT drawing a card(s) but discarding. He laughed it off and said that he had done it so many times before and no one ever complained. So, my question is, am I correct in thinking that he had no right to activate it?

Thanks.

Virtuozo

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Appropriate - ruling

Post  Tcbskater 2011-11-21, 15:27

You are correct. Appropriate can only be activated when the last thing to resolve is the drawing of card(s).
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Virtuozo 2011-11-21, 15:43

Thank you. Just to make sure, a player can't draw 2 cards at the time they activate Appropriate, but every time the opponents draws a card(s) outside their Draw Phase after activation?

Virtuozo

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-11-21, 15:46

Virtuozo wrote:Thank you. Just to make sure, a player can't draw 2 cards at the time they activate Appropriate, but every time the opponents draws a card(s) outside their Draw Phase after activation?

If they chain Appropriate to what it can legally be chained to, such as something like Dragged Down to the Grave, W Nebula Meteorite, or Jar of Greed they will draw two cards.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-21, 16:23

Tcbskater wrote:
Virtuozo wrote:Thank you. Just to make sure, a player can't draw 2 cards at the time they activate Appropriate, but every time the opponents draws a card(s) outside their Draw Phase after activation?

If they chain Appropriate to what it can legally be chained to, such as something like Dragged Down to the Grave, W Nebula Meteorite, or Jar of Greed they will draw two cards.
No. Appropriate does not draw on activation.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-11-21, 16:58

appropiate must be face up while the card is drawn. Since the card is activated as a response, after the draw it can not draw at initial activation.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Virtuozo 2011-11-21, 17:15

Thank you all. I guess it's one of the most confusing trap cards ever, mainly due to its laconic description which vaguely states: "Activate only when your opponent draws a card(s), except during their Draw Phase. Draw 2 cards.".

And while we're at it, more questions:

It cannot be activated in response to Upstart Goblin, since the last thing to happen is the opponent increasing their Life Points, is that right?

Can it be chained to the effect of The Bistro Butcher? I would assume it can, because the last effect of the monster is the opponent drawing cards outside their Draw Phase.

Virtuozo

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-11-21, 18:06

cant be activated because of damage step rulings

but while is face up youll get to draw when bistro effects activates
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-11-21, 18:38

Miror B. wrote:
Tcbskater wrote:

No. Appropriate does not draw on activation.

Ah. That's quite odd. I apologize for my mistake.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-11-22, 13:44

if anyone ask you why works like this just tell them its because appropiate effect doesnt use the chain

same happens with curse of darkness

you dont need to wait until opponent uses a spell to activate curse of darkness but if you chain to a spell the opponent wont get burn by curse of darkness effects because it doesnt use the chain
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down