Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruling

+6
CCStormgust
Miror B.
Adept VantageSP
skielinfiniti
Phoenix Wright
SubjectTwenty2
10 posters

Go down

Solved Ruling

Post  SubjectTwenty2 2012-02-06, 00:09

For Elemental Hero The Shining will he miss his timing if dark hole, lightning vortex, torrential tribute, and other clearing monster zone effects are activated. Will Shining miss his timing since its a "when" and "can" effect, so will Shining be the last thing to happen on the field? I run two of them until the tin comes out, but I've never understood. Reason is because other monsters are sent as well. SO doesn't that mean he's not the last thing to happen?

SubjectTwenty2

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Ruling

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-06, 00:18

The shining is not a mandatory effect, but it will not miss the timing unless another effect is activated after the activation of dark hole for example: if a sangan and a the shining are destroyed by dark hole, then the shining misses the timing, but if just a the shining is destroyed, then it does not miss the timing.
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectTwenty2 2012-02-06, 00:27

So any other monster with an eff that isn't a "when" and "can" won't miss their timing? Or no?

SubjectTwenty2

Back to top Go down

Post  skielinfiniti 2012-02-06, 00:44

No, it wont miss the timing in any of those cases. That's not how missing the timing works.

For an effect to miss the timing, it has to be an optional Trigger Effect ("When...you can") that was triggered but the Trigger itself occurred during another action.

If you use any sort of Field clearing Effect as Chain Link 1, Shining will activate. The reason is, when the chain has resolved, the last thing to occur in the Duel was one or more monsters being destroyed by that card effect. Shining was among the ones destroyed, so it will activate, as it has met its Trigger.

If you have multiple Trigger Effects that activate at this timing, mandatory OR optional, you may activate them on the same chain. For Trigger Effects, while they are Spell Speed 1, they can chain together only if they have the same timing as another Trigger Effect. For them, the important thing is what last RESOLVED, not last activated. However, they cannot chain to a Speed Speed 2 or higher effects.

So if Sangan and Shining are both destroyed by Dark Hole, the last thing to occur was those two monsters being destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. They will both activate, but because Sangan is mandatory, it will be Chain Link 1, whereas Shining will be Chain Link 2.

In order to miss the timing, another effect has to resolve after the effect that destroys Shining does.

For example, I Normal Summon Tour Guide while I have E-HERO Shining out, and Tour Guide's Trigger Effect activates as Chain Link 1. My opponent chains Torrential Tribute as Chain Link 2. Chains resolve backwards, so first, Torrential Tribute will destroy all monsters, meeting Shining's Trigger.

However, Chain Link 1 has not yet resolved, and other effects cannot activate in the middle of a chain resolving, so it will have to wait until the current chain is over. Tour Guide's effect will resolve after Torrential, and a Level 3 Fiend will be Special Summoned. Shining cannot activate now, as the last thing to resolve was not it being destroyed, but a monster being Special Summoned.
skielinfiniti
skielinfiniti

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2012-02-06, 00:48

skielinfiniti wrote:No, it wont miss the timing in any of those cases. That's not how missing the timing works.

For an effect to miss the timing, it has to be an optional Trigger Effect ("When...you can") that was triggered but the Trigger itself occurred during another action.

If you use any sort of Field clearing Effect as Chain Link 1, Shining will activate. The reason is, when the chain has resolved, the last thing to occur in the Duel was one or more monsters being destroyed by that card effect. Shining was among the ones destroyed, so it will activate, as it has met its Trigger.

If you have multiple Trigger Effects that activate at this timing, mandatory OR optional, you may activate them on the same chain. For Trigger Effects, while they are Spell Speed 1, they can chain together only if they have the same timing as another Trigger Effect. For them, the important thing is what last RESOLVED, not last activated. However, they cannot chain to a Speed Speed 2 or higher effects.

So if Sangan and Shining are both destroyed by Dark Hole, the last thing to occur was those two monsters being destroyed and sent to the Graveyard. They will both activate, but because Sangan is mandatory, it will be Chain Link 1, whereas Shining will be Chain Link 2.

In order to miss the timing, another effect has to resolve after the effect that destroys Shining does.

For example, I Normal Summon Tour Guide while I have E-HERO Shining out, and Tour Guide's Trigger Effect activates as Chain Link 1. My opponent chains Torrential Tribute as Chain Link 2. Chains resolve backwards, so first, Torrential Tribute will destroy all monsters, meeting Shining's Trigger.

However, Chain Link 1 has not yet resolved, and other effects cannot activate in the middle of a chain resolving, so it will have to wait until the current chain is over. Tour Guide's effect will resolve after Torrential, and a Level 3 Fiend will be Special Summoned. Shining cannot activate now, as the last thing to resolve was not it being destroyed, but a monster being Special Summoned.

What skiel said. To summarize it, anytime your when/can eff would happen during a chain, it will miss its timing. Mand effs like Sangan MUST happen, so they will form a new chain after the current one.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectTwenty2 2012-02-06, 00:54

So only when a mandatory effect activates, Shining will miss its timing. That solves a lot for me. Thank you.

SubjectTwenty2

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-06, 01:16

SubjectTwenty2 wrote:So only when a mandatory effect activates, Shining will miss its timing. That solves a lot for me. Thank you.

No.

The shining would miss timing if it's effect would activate mid chain.

Mandatory effects like Sangan will activate and Shining will chain to it.

However, using the Shining as a Fusion Material causes the Shining to be sent, then something else is summoned. Since the Summon was the last thing to happen, shining will miss timing.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  CCStormgust 2012-02-06, 01:24

SubjectTwenty2 wrote:So only when a mandatory effect activates, Shining will miss its timing. That solves a lot for me. Thank you.
No it will only miss the timing if you tribute it for a tribute summon
And why is this in suggestion section ? plus 3 mods and noon of them moved it ?
CCStormgust
CCStormgust

Birthday : 1990-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-06, 12:47

CCStormgust wrote:No it will only miss the timing if you tribute it for a tribute summon
let's stick with:
whether the last thing happened is not shining being sent from the field to the grave, it will miss the timing.
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2012-02-06, 13:22

if a monster is summoned you respond to it with mst and then chain torrential tribute it then shinning will miss the timing

just check chain link 1 effect if isnt the effect sending it to grave it will make it lose the timming
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-06, 13:31

Tips for easy remembering :
E.Hero the shining will miss the timing when

- Attacking f/d ryko
- Got super poly-ed (from either side, you or your opp)
- Got tributed (from either side)

(very unlikely, but do tell those to gustas players,... they always quit whenever you said guldo miss the timing when it was used for syncro summon )
- got synchoed

refference : http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t5773-elemental-hero-the-shining-miss-the-timing
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-02-06, 15:09

kangtuji wrote:Tips for easy remembering :
E.Hero the shining will miss the timing when

- Attacking f/d ryko
- Got super poly-ed (from either side, you or your opp)
- Got tributed for another effect(from either side)

(very unlikely, but do tell those to gustas players,... they always quit whenever you said guldo miss the timing when it was used for syncro summon )
- got synchoed

refference : http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t5773-elemental-hero-the-shining-miss-the-timing

Slight change because there is a card that forces each player to tribute for no reason.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  SubjectTwenty2 2012-02-06, 20:40

Ok. Now I understand. Also off topic, but what is the monster on the back of the last dueling network card sleeve?

SubjectTwenty2

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-07, 04:32

SubjectTwenty2 wrote:Ok. Now I understand. Also off topic, but what is the monster on the back of the last dueling network card sleeve?

5000 EXP : Dark Armed Dragon.
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down