Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Priority?

+6
BlackwingRa
zerods
MK_ultra
Potus-Mat
Twilight Sparkle
LuzCeleste
10 posters

Go down

Solved Priority?

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-21, 22:46

I have been playing for a while and no one has ever mentioned Priority to me... so I was playing, my opponent summoned an XYZ monster and I activated Torrential tribute... the XYZ monster had an effect that destroyed 2 cards on the field if a material was removed.... So he said that he had priority and could still activate the effect even though I had used Torrential to destroy his monster.... Does that mean all monsters can activate their effect before a trap card resolves or what?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Priority?

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-11-21, 22:48

Well that Depends what Exeed monster are you talking about i need to know that info
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-11-21, 22:48

Priority: The right of the turn player to activate effects before the opponent. This is why Veiler is poor against Rabbit and Lonefire (they have Priority, so, the moment they are summoned, their effects can be activated before the opponent does anything). Not all monsters have Priority, but it is a pretty useful thing.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  MK_ultra 2011-11-21, 22:49

some not all so what happens is the monster uses its effect then is destroyed perfect example happend to me i was playing ninja i sommened ebisu he torrentiald i used priority to bounce his other set make sence if not just say.
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-21, 22:49

Gxmaster wrote:Well that Depends what Exeed monster are you talking about i need to know that info

Windup Zenmaio...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  zerods 2011-11-21, 22:50

LuzCeleste wrote:I have been playing for a while and no one has ever mentioned Priority to me... so I was playing, my opponent summoned an XYZ monster and I activated Torrential tribute... the XYZ monster had an effect that destroyed 2 cards on the field if a material was removed.... So he said that he had priority and could still activate the effect even though I had used Torrential to destroy his monster.... Does that mean all monsters can activate their effect before a trap card resolves or what?

who is this xyz monster? i never hear of that effect...
zerods
zerods

Back to top Go down

Post  Twilight Sparkle 2011-11-21, 22:53

See Torrent Would not stop the effect of the card
When the card is "destroyed" it can remove a counter
The monster Is alive it Loses a Exeed partical
and gets to destroy a card

But on a side note this isnt pior this acculy happens when you tryed to destroy his monster Neutral
Twilight Sparkle
Twilight Sparkle

Birthday : 1993-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-21, 22:54

The XYZ monster was Windup Zenmaio... But... How would you be able to tell if a monster has priority or not? I always thought since the monster gets summoned... Torrential is Chain 2... which resolves first then the monster is destroyed... Does that mean the monster can still activate his effect even though he's no longer on the field? Or ... how exactly does that work?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  Potus-Mat 2011-11-21, 22:56

LuzCeleste wrote:The XYZ monster was Windup Zenmaio... But... How would you be able to tell if a monster has priority or not? I always thought since the monster gets summoned... Torrential is Chain 2... which resolves first then the monster is destroyed... Does that mean the monster can still activate his effect even though he's no longer on the field? Or ... how exactly does that work?
When the monster is summoned, the controller has the option to activate the effect. After the controller chooses, the opponent may chain Torrential, Veiler, et cetera.
Potus-Mat
Potus-Mat

Birthday : 1994-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-21, 22:59

Potus-Mat wrote:
LuzCeleste wrote:The XYZ monster was Windup Zenmaio... But... How would you be able to tell if a monster has priority or not? I always thought since the monster gets summoned... Torrential is Chain 2... which resolves first then the monster is destroyed... Does that mean the monster can still activate his effect even though he's no longer on the field? Or ... how exactly does that work?
When the monster is summoned, the controller has the option to activate the effect. After the controller chooses, the opponent may chain Torrential, Veiler, et cetera.

Oh ._.

Why is this game so confusing? just as I thought I had it down... it throws a curve ball at me...
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-11-21, 23:27

And for you know, Torrential is Chain Link 2 because it is chained to the monster's effect, not by because it is response to the summon, a Summon never start a chain.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-21, 23:29

BlackwingRa wrote:And for you know, Torrential is Chain Link 2 because it is chained to the monster's effect, not by because it is response to the summon, a Summon never start a chain.

Now I'm confused again... thanks x_X
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-22, 02:20

LuzCeleste wrote:
BlackwingRa wrote:And for you know, Torrential is Chain Link 2 because it is chained to the monster's effect, not by because it is response to the summon, a Summon never start a chain.

It's a timing thing.

Priority lets you activate trigger effects (like Zenmaio's) when you summon them, before your opponent can use something. Afterwards, the opponent gets to respond, which is when you'd chain Torrential to Zenmaio's effect. Zenmaio gets destroyed, then Zenmaio's targets are destroyed.

Note that in the OCG you don't get the option to activate your monster's effect on summon. It's a TCG rule right now.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-11-22, 02:33

Might as well ask since it's been brought... seen it been tossed around, but not sure... what's TCG and OCG? Differences?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-22, 03:10

LuzCeleste wrote:Might as well ask since it's been brought... seen it been tossed around, but not sure... what's TCG and OCG? Differences?
TCG is the game in the West (America and Europe mostly), OCG is the game in the East (Asia).

There are some ruling differences such as priority and certain specific cards, like Rampart Blaster.

Also exclusive cards, like how Tour Guide and Tengu are here but not in Japan.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-11-22, 03:36

LuzCeleste wrote:
Gxmaster wrote:Well that Depends what Exeed monster are you talking about i need to know that info

Windup Zenmaio...
... the hell?

Someone is using OCG card, yet applies TCG ruling?

Blasphemy! Mad
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-22, 03:43

Roxzen wrote:
LuzCeleste wrote:

Windup Zenmaio...
... the hell?

Someone is using OCG card, yet applies TCG ruling?

Blasphemy! Mad

Happens all the time :/
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Roxzen 2011-11-22, 03:46

Miror B. wrote:Happens all the time :/
Indeed.

Doesn't change that it is still blasphemous. D=
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-11-22, 13:08

It's because BLS himself has stated DN is a TCG simulator, he just gives us access to the OCG cards too.

Anyway, stick to TCG land, it still has priority and BLS stated DN is a TCG simulator. Don't forget OCG doesn't have priority anymore.

For more information about Priority:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Priority

Also remember that you can only respond to a summon(Solemn Warning, Solemn Judgment, Saber Hole, etc). After that, when the monster is successfully summoned you are able to respond with cards like Torrential Tribute, etc(you never actually chain to a Summon).
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-11-22, 15:21

Roxzen wrote:
Miror B. wrote:Happens all the time :/
Indeed.

Doesn't change that it is still blasphemous. D=
It really isn't :/
Who's to say you can't use OCG cards in a TCG setting? We're probably going to get them eventually anyway.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-11-23, 12:20

Miror B. wrote:
LuzCeleste wrote:

It's a timing thing.

Priority lets you activate trigger effects (like Zenmaio's) when you summon them, before your opponent can use something. Afterwards, the opponent gets to respond, which is when you'd chain Torrential to Zenmaio's effect. Zenmaio gets destroyed, then Zenmaio's targets are destroyed.

Note that in the OCG you don't get the option to activate your monster's effect on summon. It's a TCG rule right now.

Ignition not trigger.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down