Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chained CotH->TKRO and Resolving Without Effect

+3
Magicknight94
BlackwingRa
storyteller
7 posters

Go down

Solved Chained CotH->TKRO and Resolving Without Effect

Post  storyteller 2011-12-17, 03:58

Situation:
Opponent activates Tuning.
I chain CotH, targeting TKRO.

This causes:
1. Tuning resolves without effect
2. Tuning tries to add a synchron monster to hand, but cannot, so discards the selected card. No card is milled. (My opinion)
3. Same as #2, but a card is milled.

Then. he activates BTH on TKRO. Normally, I would flat out say no, since it was summoned in the middle of a chain link. But if Tuning resolved without effect, was the last thing to happen TKRO's SS?

I'm definitely leaning towards a no, and don't believe tuning resolves without effect in the first place, but wanted to make sure.
storyteller
storyteller

Birthday : 1991-10-25

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Chained CotH->TKRO and Resolving Without Effect

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-17, 04:26

Situation like this:
Tuning will resolves without effects, your opponent cannot add anything to hand from Deck, and he won't mill 1 card from top of his deck.
And BTH cannot be activated because it is in the middle of a Chain, although Tuning resolves without effect. For you know, resolves without effect doesn't mean it doesn't resolve.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-17, 06:18

Resolution of an effect make another effects MTT, even if that resolution does NOTHING.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  Red_Chaos 2011-12-17, 13:06

TKRO=Thunder king rai-oh right?
Red_Chaos
Red_Chaos

Birthday : 1990-12-30

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2011-12-17, 13:52

Yes, and the effect is continuous so it'll stop the search and Tuning resolves without effect. This can be locked I guess.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-12-17, 14:33

So it does resolve without effect. Hm. I guess PoD is special in its own right.

Thankies all.
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-12-17, 15:05

Since the card has already been activated, the player will search his deck for a synchron monster to add to their hand, but it will go to the graveyard instead. Since no card was added to the hand, the effect hasnt fully resolved that part, no card is milled.

As mentioned earlier, PoD is the same way.
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  storyteller 2011-12-17, 15:33

Aha, so I was right after all Very Happy

Thx TheVoid
storyteller
storyteller

Back to top Go down

Post  Magicknight94 2011-12-17, 18:27

TheVoid wrote:Since the card has already been activated, the player will search his deck for a synchron monster to add to their hand, but it will go to the graveyard instead. Since no card was added to the hand, the effect hasnt fully resolved that part, no card is milled.

I disagree. Raioh sent the POD's searched card to grave because POD is an "unsure searcher", samething like Power Tool Dragon.

But Tuning, ROTA, Emergency Call, etc. are "sure searcher", if RaiOh appear on the field before their resolution, they will resolve without effect.
Magicknight94
Magicknight94

Back to top Go down

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-12-17, 20:03

The video games disagree with TheVoid too.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-12-17, 20:34

i could be wrong but in a similar ruling discussion with Dest about Gadgets it was ruled the same way. I'll discuss it with TamA when I get home tonight (on my phone ATM)
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-12-17, 22:11

Magicknight94 wrote:
TheVoid wrote:Since the card has already been activated, the player will search his deck for a synchron monster to add to their hand, but it will go to the graveyard instead. Since no card was added to the hand, the effect hasnt fully resolved that part, no card is milled.

I disagree. Raioh sent the POD's searched card to grave because POD is an "unsure searcher", samething like Power Tool Dragon.

But Tuning, ROTA, Emergency Call, etc. are "sure searcher", if RaiOh appear on the field before their resolution, they will resolve without effect.

It is not because some cards are "unsure" or "sure" searchers.

The difference is that Pot of Duality has different process for adding the card to the hand. It firstly reveals the top 3 cards of the Deck, and then adds 1 of those to the hand. Even if Thunder King Rai-Oh is summoned after Pot of Duality is activated, Pot of Duality will try to resolve as much as possible, meaning that it'll reveal the cards, but since it cannot add the chosen card to the hand, it'll be sent to the Graveyard.

Tuning, Reinforcements of the Army, Emergency Call, Sangan and such, have a simpler process. They just try to add the card to the hand without previous steps. Therefore, if Thunder King Rai-Oh is summoned with Call of the Haunted before those cards resolve, they will simple resolve without effect, as there are no previous parts to try to resolve. Finally, with Tuning, since no card was added to the hand with its effect in the previous scenario, no card would be milled.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down