Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iron Chain guide

+12
Dog King
Saturn
R4GEKILL
Sly123
OverlordMMM
Miror B.
Dragonknight1991
Red W Mage
AhhGoodTimes
welche
.:HadoukenBlue:.
Vanillite
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Iron Chain guide Empty Iron Chain guide

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-08, 18:41

What Are Iron Chains?
So in the 5Ds anime, there was this prison home-boy security dude who played the deck, and was almost successful in defeating the mighty protagonist, Yusei Fudo! The cards were released in Crossroads of Chaos, which also came with meta defining cards like Wall of Ivy and Cactus Fighter, so you know the Iron Chains are very high quality cards! The focus of the deck is to play cards that let you win, so you do lots of mill and lots of burn.

Iron Chain Cards
Iron Chain Blaster
EARTH / Warrior / Level 2 / 1100 ATK/ 0 DEF
Once per turn, you can send 1 "Iron Chain" monster you control to the Graveyard to inflict 800 damage to your opponent.
This is a very high quality card. while you mill, its a good idea to have a back-up in case your opponent is smart and is running 56 cards, so burn can really help your deck. run 3 or get out.
Iron Chain Coil
EARTH / Machine / Level 3 / 1100 ATK / 1600 DEF
Once per turn, you can select 1 "Iron Chain" monster you control to have it gain 300 ATK and DEF as long as this card is face-up on the field.
Though the ATK and DEF boost is really good for the deck, you don't want to run more than 1 because it doesn't mill or burn and the only other use you can think of outside of boosting your Iron Chain Snake is making Iron Chain Dragon :O.
Iron Chain Snake
EARTH / Reptile / Level 3 / 800 ATK / 1200 DEF
During your Main Phase, you can equip this card to 1 face-up monster your opponent controls. That monster loses 800 ATK and DEF. When it is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, its controller sends cards equal to its Level from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard.
This is another high quality card, since it weakens your opponents Snipe Hunter for your Iron Chain Coil to run over, while also milling a whopping 3 cards! Run 3 definitely.
Iron Chain Repairman
EARTH / Warrior / Level 4 / 1600 ATK / 1200 DEF
When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict 300 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Iron Chain" monster from your Graveyard, except "Iron Chain Repairman". This card cannot attack the turn you activate this effect.
This card isn't as good quality as Snake or Booster, but it can revive them, and the burn is extremely useful. Combined with Booster, its just like one of the most notorious banned cards, Dark Strike Fighter! Run 2 of this.
Iron Chain Dragon
EARTH / Dragon / Level 6 / Synchro / 2500 ATK / 1300 DEF
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
You can remove from play all "Iron Chain" monsters from your Graveyard to have this card gain 200 ATK for each card removed, until the End Phase. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, send the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard.
This is the boss monster that homeboy used, and its really good. It can gain lots of attack, and swing for massive damage, while also supporting the mill.
Run 3 of this, you probably won't need other synchro staples like Gaia Knight, Force of the Earth, this is way better.
Paralyzing Chain
Spell / Continuous
When a card(s) is sent from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard by a card effect, inflict 300 damage to your opponent.
So, if you don't deck them out in time, surely the damage will take them out! it just requires 27 mills, which is a peice of cake in a tier-1 built Iron Chain deck like this guide prescribes Smile, you should run 3 of this.
Poison Chain
Spell / Continuous
During the End Phase of your turn, if you did not attack, you can make your opponent send cards equal to the number of face-up "Iron Chain" monsters you control from the top of their Deck to the Graveyard.
The other main milling engine of Iron Chains, combine this with Snake, and you can be milling 13 cards per turn! truly deserves to be ran in 3.

The Decklist Everyone Should Use
Monsters
1 Iron Chain Coil
3 Iron Chain Snake
3 Iron Chain Blaster
2 Iron Chain Repairman
3 Needle Worm (for more mill)
1 Salvage Warrior (it can synchro level 8s with Coil)
2 Maurading Captain (Can bring out Blaster while keeping monster presence)
3 Warm Worm
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld (searching Sangan for searching blaster or snake)
1 Sangan (searching Blaster or Snake)
1 Morphing Jar (more mill)

Spells
3 Poison Chain
3 Paralyzing Chain
1 Card Destruction
3 Hand Destruction
3 Book of Eclipse
1 Book of Moon
1 Gravekeeper's Servant (for control)
3 Dark Room of Nightmare (combos with Paralyzing Chain)

Traps
3 Threatening Roar
3 Waboku
3 Scrap Iron Scarecrow
3 Gravity Bind (it isn't on the banlist anymore Very Happy)
1 Skull Invitation
2 Magic Cylinders (its a very high quality card)

Feel free to discuss your own decklists

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Iron Chain guide Empty Re: Iron Chain guide

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2012-01-08, 18:46

not sure if trolling

or just very stupid

Birthday : 1996-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-08, 18:48

what do you mean stupid? whats wrong? I mean, I didn't feel like writing out every card except for the iron chains, if thats what you mean

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2012-01-08, 18:48

Milling your Opponent is a good way to get yourself killed.

Back to top Go down

Post  welche 2012-01-08, 18:50

Wow I've been playing Iron chains wrong. Thanks for this guide to teach me.
welche
welche

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-08, 18:51

you look like a Jordan to me, because you are so ignorant. Milling is a good thing, they lose all their good cards like Sangan, and Dandylion. What deck do you play? I bet you could easily be beaten by Iron Chains.

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2012-01-08, 18:53

Vanillite wrote:you look like a Jordan to me, because you are so ignorant. Milling is a good thing, they lose all their good cards like Sangan, and Dandylion. What deck do you play? I bet you could easily be beaten by Iron Chains.

MAGE!?
KIRYU?
SOMEONE FROM YCM?

HOW THE !@#$ DO YOU KNOW MY NAME!?

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-01-08, 18:53

Milling is only good when combined with Dimensional Prison or Macro Cosmos. Otherwise if it's too slow it'll help a lot of meta decks like Lightsworn and Zombies. Banish Milling so so fun and trollish.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-08, 18:55

no milling is a good thing, zombies and lightsworns are trash. milling and burn is better than milling and banishing :/

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-08, 18:56

what a Tairone <__<
@Blue
I knew you were a Jordan because of how easily you flee'd the situation when I dropped your confidence level after safely asserting the superiority that is milling and Iron Chains.

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Post  Red W Mage 2012-01-08, 19:23

you should make this guide on Pojo too

Red W Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonknight1991 2012-01-08, 19:25

Milling is almost never bad for your opponent so what if they lose a couple of good cards most decks mill themselves to get their cards faster to the grave.

Besides the only good cards of Iron Chain are: Repairman (combos with Coil to get lvl 7 Synchro's), Coil (tuner combos with Repairman) and Iron Chain Dragon (lvl 6 Dragon Synchro can mill the last few cards of a deck).

Blaster and Snake suck since you have to sacrifice a monster to get what you want, burn or a weaker monster.

Paralyze Chain and Poison Chain suck even worse than Blaster or Snake since the milling of Poison Chain is very slow 27 mills is a lot for even a good mill deck and not attacking is even worse and since it needs monster to effectively mill it will take at least 3 turns without any help of other summoning cards besides Repairman, and to finish it they both are Continuous Spells MST, Heavy Storm, Black Rose Dragon and a lot more cards can destroy them.

Gravity Bind doesn't stall your opponent anymore since he can just summon a Xyz to bypass Gravity Bind since they have no levels.

On top of it you said Tour Guide from the Underworld can search Snake no it can't since Snake isn't a fiend.

Dragonknight1991

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2012-01-08, 19:27

Vanillite wrote:what a Tairone <__<
@Blue
I knew you were a Jordan because of how easily you flee'd the situation when I dropped your confidence level after safely asserting the superiority that is milling and Iron Chains.

Who the hell are you on YCM.

mage, I guess.

Back to top Go down

Post  welche 2012-01-08, 19:34

Mage also posted in this thread so your argument is invalid.
welche
welche

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2012-01-08, 19:47

Mage is the only one on YCM remotely interested by iron chains so it must be him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-08, 20:17

Best.topic
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2012-01-08, 21:10

There is just so much wrong with this topic its not funny....

Repairman, Snake, and Dragon all need battle to work, while Coil and Blaster need stall. Two opposing themes with the monsters, although Coil can also boost Repairman.

Poison Chain also conflicts with the battle-based cards such as Repairman, Snake, and Dragon, so you can't use both sets of effects at the same time. If you battle, you can't use its effect and vice versa. Most you can mill in that turn is 5 per copy of the card if you don't battle, and thats if you have a total of 5 Iron Chain monsters. Generally, there are so few of them that its more likely to get 2-3.

Paralyzing Chain is horrible, even worse than Poison Chain. It doesn't count the individual card for the damage, but rather each time you mill. So if you mill 27 cards with 10 effects, then you're only dealing 3000 damage, not 8100. Using Skull Invitation is a much better choice since it counts any cards going to the grave, not just from the deck.

Also, since there are so few Iron Chain cards you kind of need to add Coil for more targets for Repairman, and to add more staying power for your other cards. It also makes instant 6's with Marauding Captain for Iron Chain Dragon.

Overall, Iron Chain is an archeytype that has potential....if they actually made more cards for the archetype. Filling the opponent's grave can easily be beneficial for them if its done slowly because many people use it as a toolbox and include cards such as Ryko and Lyla to help with it.

Iron Chain isn't fleshed out enough for a proper deck because it has too few cards with 2 separate focuses; burn and mill, and they are only loosely connected to one another.

I'd say go with Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower mill deck. Its much faster, more consistent, and can be sided into a standard zombie synch deck easily.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sly123 2012-01-08, 21:20

If you want a mill deck, Empty Jar will show you the way. Or a unicorn deck, since they kinda represent ponies, and I hear the people of dueling network adore ponies more than
10 year old girls.
Sly123
Sly123

Birthday : 1997-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-08, 21:50

Dragonknight1991 wrote:Milling is almost never bad for your opponent so what if they lose a couple of good cards most decks mill themselves to get their cards faster to the grave.

Besides the only good cards of Iron Chain are: Repairman (combos with Coil to get lvl 7 Synchro's), Coil (tuner combos with Repairman) and Iron Chain Dragon (lvl 6 Dragon Synchro can mill the last few cards of a deck).

Blaster and Snake suck since you have to sacrifice a monster to get what you want, burn or a weaker monster.

Paralyze Chain and Poison Chain suck even worse than Blaster or Snake since the milling of Poison Chain is very slow 27 mills is a lot for even a good mill deck and not attacking is even worse and since it needs monster to effectively mill it will take at least 3 turns without any help of other summoning cards besides Repairman, and to finish it they both are Continuous Spells MST, Heavy Storm, Black Rose Dragon and a lot more cards can destroy them.

Gravity Bind doesn't stall your opponent anymore since he can just summon a Xyz to bypass Gravity Bind since they have no levels.

On top of it you said Tour Guide from the Underworld can search Snake no it can't since Snake isn't a fiend.

I think you're really bad, because you are too ignorant to realize that the deck was designed to use all the cards, because they don't have many, and also that Tour Guide searches Sangan, which searches Snake.

And if you can make a better deck, I would like to see one.

Don't have one? thought so.

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Post  Red W Mage 2012-01-08, 21:59

Vanillite wrote:I think you're really bad, because you are too ignorant to realize that the deck was designed to use all the cards, because they don't have many, and also that Tour Guide searches Sangan, which searches Snake.

Monsters (21)
3 Iron Chain Repairman
2 Iron Chain Coil
3 Maxx "C"
3 Scrap Recycler
2 Quillbolt Hedgehog
1 Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
1 T.G. Striker
2 T.G. Warwolf
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
1 Sangan

Spells (12)
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Pot of Duality
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Book of Moon
1 Mind Control
1 Pot of Avarice
2 Enemy Controller

Traps (7)
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Solemn Warning
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Trap Dustshoot
2 Dimensional Prison

Extra Deck (15)
3 Missing X-Saber Invoker
1 Leviair the Sea Dragon
1 Lavalval Chain
1 Armory Arm
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Naturia Beast
1 Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Iron Chain Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Scrap Archfiend
1 Naturia Landoise
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier

I wonder if Shard figured out whats going on here

Red W Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  welche 2012-01-08, 22:02

Mage that looks terrible. You have almost nothing to mill.
welche
welche

Back to top Go down

Post  Red W Mage 2012-01-08, 22:08

well yeah because the TC is amazing dude. but like, I tried playing the deck, and it wasn't as consistent.

Red W Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  welche 2012-01-08, 22:09

Brandon won with it easily bro. He won with burn but opponent had 4 cards in deck left.
welche
welche

Back to top Go down

Post  Red W Mage 2012-01-08, 22:14

See, the TC is smart. because he knew you might not be able to win with mill, so you do burn so you win.

Red W Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-09, 09:15

Not sure if trolling, but this is terrible. My nutsack could drag on a carpet and create an article vastly superior to this one.
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonknight1991 2012-01-09, 12:29

Vanillite wrote:

Of course I don't have a Iron Chain Deck that focuses on the Archtype, I only make decks that at least have a chance against a good player. I have 2 kinds of Invoker Decks that use the combo of Coil and Repairman though. Making a good deck that focuses on the Archtype is stupid and a waste of my and other peoples time.

welche wrote:Mage that looks terrible. You have almost nothing to mill.
That deck is 100x Better than the one of the TC, that deck isn't made for milling stuff but to summon Missing X-Saber Invoker and with that summon Repairman and with Repairman summon Coil and then summon a lvl 7 Synchro and is far more consistent.

Dragonknight1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-01-09, 12:45

Vanillite wrote:no milling is a good thing, zombies and lightsworns are trash. milling and burn is better than milling and banishing :/

Loooool
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Dog King 2012-01-09, 13:31

this deck already topped around 6 nationals, we should be seeing this topping a ycs any time soon
Dog King
Dog King

Birthday : 1990-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-09, 13:50

Dragonknight1991 wrote:
Vanillite wrote:

Of course I don't have a Iron Chain Deck that focuses on the Archtype, I only make decks that at least have a chance against a good player. I have 2 kinds of Invoker Decks that use the combo of Coil and Repairman though. Making a good deck that focuses on the Archtype is stupid and a waste of my and other peoples time.

That deck is 100x Better than the one of the TC, that deck isn't made for milling stuff but to summon Missing X-Saber Invoker and with that summon Repairman and with Repairman summon Coil and then summon a lvl 7 Synchro and is far more consistent.
then show me your deck. Also, that guy net decked me but I know that deck is really bad

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Post  Dog King 2012-01-09, 14:17

hai Very Happy
Dog King
Dog King

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonknight1991 2012-01-09, 14:42

Vanillite wrote:
Dragonknight1991 wrote:
then show me your deck. Also, that guy net decked me but I know that deck is really bad
What part of that deck is bad? Consistantly summoning lvl 7 synchros, unlike yours it doesn't rely on stall

You saw one of my Invoker decks but here's the other as link (since an image is too big:
https://i.imgur.com/z2g0F.jpg

Dragonknight1991

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-09, 15:22

@Nebuwah. Charge is at 1. Lightsworns aren't trash, just inconsistent as ****
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  Dog King 2012-01-09, 18:05

its funny because this deck is better than what most of ycm could do
Dog King
Dog King

Back to top Go down

Post  welche 2012-01-09, 18:27

It's funny because Jesse would top with this.
welche
welche

Back to top Go down

Post  .:HadoukenBlue:. 2012-01-09, 18:29

Dog King wrote:its funny because this deck is better than what most of ycm could do

I bet I could win with my Inzektors.

Back to top Go down

Post  Red W Mage 2012-01-09, 19:38

.:HadoukenBlue:. wrote:
Dog King wrote:its funny because this deck is better than what most of ycm could do

I bet I could win with my Inzektors.
I thought I already beat you 2-0 with my Iron Chain build against not only Inzektor but also Karakuri?

Also we should scrap this thread and I remake the other one

y/n

Red W Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  welche 2012-01-09, 22:28

Scrap this and you should make a decent one. y
welche
welche

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-09, 22:34

Or we can all just run chain invoker
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Red W Mage 2012-01-09, 22:45

well I mean I chess, that's what I was going to make the guide into anyway

Red W Mage

Back to top Go down

Post  Eliwood 2012-01-09, 22:57

Phoenix Wright wrote:Or we can all just run chain invoker
Or someone can just lock this thread since so much people are "trolling".
Eliwood
Eliwood

Birthday : 1992-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-09, 23:04

Yeah, I didn't read the replies, I just saw the deck some guy was trying to pass off as Iron Chains and suggested chain invoker

the troll level is at about %8999
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-10, 19:30

WHAT %8999!!!
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2012-01-10, 20:46

I think R4ge just increased it by 2%.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-01-10, 21:38

Plants. Now what?
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-10, 21:46

HarleyThomas wrote:

Plants. Now what?

Your point?
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2012-01-10, 21:47

I'll make the point while plenty of decks like milling today, random milling can get irritating and ruin plays.

I'll also wonder why the hell this topic is going on. TC, I salute you.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-01-10, 21:53

Oh my bad, I thought you were saying that the people on YCM could make a better plant deck than this iron chain deck, and you would be VERY wrong
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Back to top Go down

Post  Vanillite 2012-01-11, 00:33

Miror B. wrote:I'll make the point while plenty of decks like milling today, random milling can get irritating and ruin plays.

Was surprised it was so easy to troll despite the fact that everyone knew the obvious and I gave myself away when I referred to HadokenBlue as Jordan.

I <3 you guys for having fun ^__^

but seriously I'll change the guide

Vanillite

Back to top Go down

Post  R4GEKILL 2012-01-11, 07:48

Vanillite wrote:
Miror B. wrote:I'll make the point while plenty of decks like milling today, random milling can get irritating and ruin plays.

Was surprised it was so easy to troll despite the fact that everyone knew the obvious and I gave myself away when I referred to HadokenBlue as Jordan.

I <3 you guys for having fun ^__^

but seriously I'll change the guide

I personally thought It was a very high quality guide.
R4GEKILL
R4GEKILL

Back to top Go down

Post  OverlordMMM 2012-01-11, 15:09

Great, now R4ge is trolling us worse than Vanillite.
OverlordMMM
OverlordMMM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next