Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negating Special Summons

5 posters

Go down

Solved Negating Special Summons

Post  The Predator32 2012-01-08, 19:40

Now i've done a lil research before coming here to try to confirm if i'm right or not. To my understanding you can't negate a special summon that is the result of a card effect. You would have to negate the cards effect itself. So If I played Monster Reborn you would have to negate the monster reborn. If you wait untill after I SS the monster u've missed your chance. I understand this.

So that brings me to Inzektor Dragonfly. If I use it's effect to SS a centipede my opponent could use a Solemn Warning on my dragonfly to negate it's effect but cannot use Solemn Judgement or Evolzar laggia or Thunder King Rai-Oh to stop the Summoning of my Centipede correct? Though it can still be Bottomlessed.

I get into arguments over these things sometimes and if i'm correct i'd like to be able to easily just link here and end all arguments about it quickly.
The Predator32
The Predator32

Birthday : 1988-04-18

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Negating Special Summons

Post  CCStormgust 2012-01-08, 19:47

All what you said is correct, there is no mistake
CCStormgust
CCStormgust

Birthday : 1990-05-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Gustavito 2012-01-08, 19:57

CCStormgust wrote:All what you said is correct, there is no mistake

Gustavito
Gustavito

Back to top Go down

Post  RareHunter 2012-01-08, 20:12

The Predator32 wrote:So that brings me to Inzektor Dragonfly. If I use it's effect to SS a centipede my opponent could use a Solemn Warning on my dragonfly to negate it's effect but cannot use Solemn Judgement or Evolzar laggia or Thunder King Rai-Oh to stop the Summoning of my Centipede correct? Though it can still be Bottomlessed.
this question moved to Inzecter Ruling question Very Happy

Correct. You can never negate the summon of a monster that was summoned via a card effect (like Centipede special summoned by Dragonfly or EH Absolute zero by Polymerization/Miracle Fusion and Gishki Zeal Gigas by Gishki Mirror). You must negate the card effect that summons (Polymerization/Miracle Fusion, Ritual Spell, etc) instead. you can respond to the successful summon, but you cannot negate that summon.
RareHunter
RareHunter

Birthday : 1992-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-01-09, 14:25

And remember, although it sounds weird, you can never, ever negate Fusion Gate with Warning, since Fusion Gate doesn't summon at activation.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down