Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Negating Trade-In?

3 posters

Go down

Solved Negating Trade-In?

Post  Tsukiakari 2011-08-02, 07:05

So I was dueling and someone played Trade-In, I negated the activation of the spell card. Now someone tell me why did he still discard? and two mods acted so mad on me -even though I called them- Neutral because I argued that it is not a cost, anyways I still have negated it even if it is a cost. I am not sure if the cost is still applied for negating, but even though, this card effect isn't a cost is it?

Trade-In
Normal Spell
"Discard 1 Level 8 monster. Draw 2 cards."
Tsukiakari
Tsukiakari

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Negating Trade-In?

Post  BlackwingRa 2011-08-02, 07:31

Tsukiakari wrote:So I was dueling and someone played Trade-In, I negated the activation of the spell card. Now someone tell me why did he still discard? and two mods acted so mad on me -even though I called them- Neutral because I argued that it is not a cost, anyways I still have negated it even if it is a cost. I am not sure if the cost is still applied for negating, but even though, this card effect isn't a cost is it?

Trade-In
Normal Spell
"Discard 1 Level 8 monster. Draw 2 cards."
Discard here is cost because it has a "." between the discard part and draw part. And you cannot negate the cost of a card, you can only negate the effect of card.
BlackwingRa
BlackwingRa

Birthday : 1991-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsukiakari 2011-08-02, 08:20

Thanks I appreciate it.
Tsukiakari
Tsukiakari

Back to top Go down

Post  TamACOPY 2011-08-02, 22:43

What BlackwingRa said is correct. Discarding a Level 8 monster for Trade-In is a cost. Costs cannot be negated, and aren't "returned" if the card is negated.

Solved & closed.
TamACOPY
TamACOPY

Birthday : 1991-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down