Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

an example with skill drain

5 posters

Go down

an example with skill drain Empty an example with skill drain

Post  Yuma 2011-06-16, 11:01

hello community, wanted something that happened yesterday on a ruler, some layers do not know. my opponent have in skill drain on and bottombles trap hole set, I summon scrap dragon and priority its effect as an active skill drain only negates the effect and does not prevent activation, chain bottombles trap hole, my scrap dragon RFP, for So then resolves the effect of scrap dragon mouth be stopped because it arrives in the field and destroyed skill drain. My opponent was saying that he could not activate the effect because it was skill drain, but remember that just negates the effect while face arrives in the field, does not prevent the effects can activate!

I hope you understand because I do not speak English and this paste with the help of a translator. thanks.

edit: sure to clarify that when you activate the effect selected as scrap dragon dragon scrap objectives and skill drain
Yuma
Yuma

Back to top Go down

an example with skill drain Empty Re: an example with skill drain

Post  Broken_Soul 2011-06-16, 11:17

Yuma skill drain negates all effects that triger on the field so scrap dragon dosent do his eff
Broken_Soul
Broken_Soul

Birthday : 1988-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuma 2011-06-16, 11:26

if you do because when it was invoked by priority and activate it when it resolves and is no more face up on the field but was removed by bottombles trap hole.
another example for you to realize this skill drain and stardust dragon, lightning vortex is activated to destroy stardust dragon, dragon stardust effect activates and resolves in the graveyard so at the end of the shift back to the field normally.
one more skill drain on, summon a brionac. active effect. active after book of moon, brionac is Sete and then solve the effect of brionac because I leave to be face up on the field.

skill drain negates the effects of the monster face up on the field does not prevent it from being activated!
Yuma
Yuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-16, 11:32

precisely. skill drain still allows you to activate geartown's effect.
though whether the effect will be negated or not, is a different matter.

In your case, since Scrap Dragon is banished in chainlink 2 by BTH, when his effect resolve, he is no longer a face-up monster, thus the card targeted by scrap dragon will still be destroyed.

If the card tell you not to activate an effect monster's effect at all, it'll be worded like Corridor of Agony.

Corridor of Agony wrote:
Monsters that were Special Summoned from the Main Deck cannot activate their effects, their effects are negated, and they cannot declare an attack, as long as they remain face-up on the field.

As a side note:
replacing skill drain with Forbidden Chalice, will make your Scrap Dragon's effect negated even if it's bottomlessed.

Stardust's effect activated and resolve on the field, even though the stardust itself is now in the graveyard, the effect is still on the field.

And Yuma, you're supposed to be noob.
at least in Zexal Yuma is.

Oh well edited.

Last edited by Hyaweh★kawa on 2011-06-16, 11:52; edited 1 time in total
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuma 2011-06-16, 11:43

may be what you say of stardust dragon, but the rest said was right, so do not you mean to call me noob. if Yuma is zexal noob does not mean that I also be.
Yuma
Yuma

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-16, 17:01

Yuma wrote:if you do because when it was invoked by priority and activate it when it resolves and is no more face up on the field but was removed by bottombles trap hole.
another example for you to realize this skill drain and stardust dragon, lightning vortex is activated to destroy stardust dragon, dragon stardust effect activates and resolves in the graveyard so at the end of the shift back to the field normally.
one more skill drain on, summon a brionac. active effect. active after book of moon, brionac is Sete and then solve the effect of brionac because I leave to be face up on the field.

skill drain negates the effects of the monster face up on the field does not prevent it from being activated!

Stardust Dragon activates and resolves on the field.
Even so, Skill Drain does not negate its effect because the monster is not physically face-up on the field
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-06-17, 09:38

If you summon Scrap Dragon and activate it's eff as Chain Link 1 and opponent chains BTH than Scrap Dragon leaves the field and Skill Drain no longer negates it meaning his effect will resolve at least I think so don't really trust me on this one wait for someone to confirm

Last edited by Badass_Bunny on 2011-06-17, 21:44; edited 1 time in total
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-17, 14:11

Badass_Bunny wrote:If you summon Scrap Dragon and Call Priority on it's eff and opponent chains BTH than Scrap Dragon leaves the field and Skill Drain no longer negates it meaning his effect will resolve at least I think so don't really trust me on this one wait for someone to confirm

Read this before you answer anymore ruling questions
Especially the ones that are already answered.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-06-17, 18:46

I really don't get your point? You linked me to thread explaining Priority(which I perfectly understand what is)
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyaweh★kawa 2011-06-17, 19:03

you, calling priority means otherwise.
Hyaweh★kawa
Hyaweh★kawa

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-17, 19:58

Badass_Bunny wrote:I really don't get your point? You linked me to thread explaining Priority(which I perfectly understand what is)

Do you really need me to explain why "Calling Priority" is a misleading term ?
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-06-17, 20:38

Ohhh I'm perfectly aware of how priority works and that it's something you have and not call it however in the world of Video Games "Calling Priority" is something that you have to do, since most of the time your opponent isn't even gonna wait for you to write "Eff" or "Prio" before he responds to your monster with a card and then say "You didn't say you were using priority" In real game it's different but in Video Games you pretty much have to write "Prio" if you wanna make sure your opponent isn't gonna complain(it happens a lot). I guess my post was a little missleading with "Calling Priority" but that is rather unimportant. Since someone playing real game should understand the concept of priority since in reality it's such a simple game rule
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-17, 20:57

Badass_Bunny wrote:Ohhh I'm perfectly aware of how priority works and that it's something you have and not call it however in the world of Video Games "Calling Priority" is something that you have to do, since most of the time your opponent isn't even gonna wait for you to write "Eff" or "Prio" before he responds to your monster with a card and then say "You didn't say you were using priority" In real game it's different but in Video Games you pretty much have to write "Prio" if you wanna make sure your opponent isn't gonna complain(it happens a lot). I guess my post was a little missleading with "Calling Priority" but that is rather unimportant. Since someone playing real game should understand the concept of priority since in reality it's such a simple game rule

It's pointless, if you stop, and correct your opponent, keep repetition going, then eventually they will stop.

If not, your "Calling Priority" will influence more people
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-06-17, 21:21

I don't play in real life I picked it up from the internet it's kind of hard to change that habit.

EDIT: To avoid spam I just want you to Notice what does Calling Priority means for me in Video Games. And I'm starting to wonder what is so misleading about "Calling Priority" but to stop further confusion I edit my first post

Last edited by Badass_Bunny on 2011-06-17, 21:42; edited 1 time in total
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-06-17, 21:27

Badass_Bunny wrote:I don't play in real life I picked it up from the internet it's kind of hard to change that habit.

That's too bad isn't it ?
If others can do it, so can you.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down