Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

summoner monk + skill drain

4 posters

Go down

Solved summoner monk + skill drain

Post  richyrichman1999 2011-09-09, 21:47

So i played summoner monk. He went into DEF like a good lil boy. I paid his cost to special summon a lvl 4 monster. Opponent played skill drain as a "chain". He and an admin both agreed that skill drain would negate summoner monks effect.

My problem is that summoner monks cost was paid, and the effect is in the resolving state. Yes his effect is negated now, but he played it after i paid the cost, which means that the effect is in resolving.. ?

If that were the case... as I tried explaining to the admin, then summoner of illusions, which sp summons a fusion monster from the extra deck, and it is destroyed at end phase... Skill drain would negate that effect ?? The admin wouldn't listen to that part of the argument, as it clearly states that it does not negate the destruction effect, meaning it's already resolving...

Official ruling the admin wouldn't listen to... The effect of "Skill Drain" negates the effects of Effect Monsters; it does NOT prevent Effect Monsters from activating their effects. Thus, "Skill Drain" will not prevent you from activating the effects of "Exiled Force" or "Rescue Cat".[3]

So, I just want to know the rules of the game, since the admin kept posting links to the official rulebook, and to tell me to learn how to play the game right.. and also the other guy was being a real a.s.s. behavior... Just for my personal knowledge, so I know the correct rulings.. Thanks for all who read this note Razz

richyrichman1999

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: summoner monk + skill drain

Post  Ruf_Pup13 2011-09-09, 22:17

Exiled force and rescue cat's effects activate Off the field, I'm guessing you don't understand that Skill drain negates the effect On the field. Exiled force can call prority to tribute itself thus activating in the grave/Rfg pile. Not on the field when it resolves fully. Your summoner monk didnt leave the field, it stayed on the field you paid the activation cost but it got negated. So...Yeah the judge was right, you were conflicting with Skill drain on field vs off field.
Ruf_Pup13
Ruf_Pup13

Birthday : 1993-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2011-09-09, 22:25

Cost = something you have to pay

Success or not
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  richyrichman1999 2011-09-09, 22:25

ahhh, thank you. I wish the admin woulda explained it a lil better than just shoving a link saying follow the rulebook in my face. btw, that rulebook doesnt have any rulings Sad .

richyrichman1999

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruf_Pup13 2011-09-09, 22:31

No problem. There are more judges than one. I have to bring this up with the big guys..
The whole not explaining the ruling and why it works and not.
Ruf_Pup13
Ruf_Pup13

Birthday : 1993-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-09-10, 01:12

Ruf_Pup13 wrote:Exiled force and rescue cat's effects activate Off the field, I'm guessing you don't understand that Skill drain negates the effect On the field. Exiled force can call prority to tribute itself thus activating in the grave/Rfg pile.

Exiled Force and Rescue Cat both activate their effects on the field and those effects resolve on the field, even if the cards themselves are no longer on the field, which is the reason why Skill Drain doesn't negate them.

Cards cannot call Priority.
Players cannot call priority.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down