Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malefic Stardust vs Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

3 posters

Go down

Solved Malefic Stardust vs Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

Post  Virtuozo 2012-02-02, 05:52

I've been wondering that for a while now, does Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror negate Malefic Stardust Dragon's effect that prevents field spell cards from being destroyed? I think it does cause it's an effect that activates (at least it seems to me).

Malefic Stardust Dragon wrote:Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Stardust Dragon" from your Extra Deck and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field. Face-up Field Spell Cards cannot be destroyed by effects. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.
Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror wrote:When the effect of a DARK monster activates on the field or in the Graveyard, negate it.

Can anyone confirm?

Virtuozo

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Malefic Stardust vs Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror

Post  poemi 2012-02-02, 06:12

this malefic stardust effect
malefic stardust wrote:Face-up Field Spell Cards cannot be destroyed by effects
is a continuous effect. therefore it never activates.

as you can see S-IM only negates effect that activates.
S-IM wrote:When the effect of a DARK monster activates on the field or in the Graveyard, negate it.
so it will do nothing to malefic stardust field spell destruction prevention effect.
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-02, 07:23

Yep, stardust is completely unaffected by shadow imprisoning mirror, since all of its effects are either continuous or conditions
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down