Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Malefic + Ceasefire

+6
ytxpikachu
dragonsamurai77
Badass_Bunny
Shinichi K.
Tcbskater
SaveTheDolphins
10 posters

Go down

Solved Malefic + Ceasefire

Post  SaveTheDolphins 2011-12-12, 10:43

Each player has a properly summoned malefic cyber end dragon in their grave, a spear cretin is flipped and destroyed. Each player special summons MCED in face down defense position. While a field card is active and NO other malefics are on the field, ceasefire is activated. Which MCED is destroyed?
SaveTheDolphins
SaveTheDolphins

Birthday : 1993-08-24

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Malefic + Ceasefire

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-12, 10:56

Malefic Cyber End Dragon cannot be Special Summoned by Spear Cretin's effect. He's a nomi, not a semi-nomi, meaning he can only be Special Summoned by his own effect, and none others.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Birthday : 1994-03-10

http://www.clocktowergaming.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Shinichi K. 2011-12-12, 12:56

Tcbskater wrote:Malefic Cyber End Dragon cannot be Special Summoned by Spear Cretin's effect. He's a nomi, not a semi-nomi, meaning he can only be Special Summoned by his own effect, and none others.
To nitpick a bit:

He's a nomi monster which means he can't be Special Summoned "except by" its summoning condition.

As for flipping both Malefics face-up simultaneously (when such a situation occurs), it seems neither will be destroyed. I'm not sure on that one, though. Better if someone confirms.
Shinichi K.
Shinichi K.
Detective
Detective

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-12, 14:57

Shinichi K. wrote:
Tcbskater wrote:Malefic Cyber End Dragon cannot be Special Summoned by Spear Cretin's effect. He's a nomi, not a semi-nomi, meaning he can only be Special Summoned by his own effect, and none others.
To nitpick a bit:

He's a nomi monster which means he can't be Special Summoned "except by" its summoning condition.

As for flipping both Malefics face-up simultaneously (when such a situation occurs), it seems neither will be destroyed. I'm not sure on that one, though. Better if someone confirms.

I appreciate the nitpicking. :p
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Back to top Go down

Post  Badass_Bunny 2011-12-12, 15:13

Shinichi K. wrote:
To nitpick a bit:

Only 1 Malefic can exist, on the field if 2 are flipped face up at the same time you choose which one you keep.

However if Skill Drain is on the field than it's possible to have 2 Malefics on the field.
Badass_Bunny
Badass_Bunny
Smexy Duelist
Smexy Duelist

Birthday : 1996-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-12, 15:19

Badass_Bunny wrote:
Only 1 Malefic can exist, on the field if 2 are flipped face up at the same time you choose which one you keep.

Even in this situation where you only control one of the two?
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Back to top Go down

Post  SaveTheDolphins 2011-12-12, 15:21

Tcbskater wrote: Cyber End Dragon cannot be Special Summoned by Spear Cretin's effect. He's a nomi, not a semi-nomi, meaning he can only be Special Summoned by his own effect, and none others.
Ok, I originally did this with Malefic BEWD and assumed the summoning conditions would be parallel. I just wanted to use on people actually use a lot.

If you look at BEWD text and compare it to BLS text it's practically identical.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your Deck.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard.

So it's semi nomi and spear cretin affects it.

So which one is destroyed since they both flip at the same time?
SaveTheDolphins
SaveTheDolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  dragonsamurai77 2011-12-12, 15:25

SaveTheDolphins wrote:
Tcbskater wrote: Cyber End Dragon cannot be Special Summoned by Spear Cretin's effect. He's a nomi, not a semi-nomi, meaning he can only be Special Summoned by his own effect, and none others.
Ok, I originally did this with Malefic BEWD and assumed the summoning conditions would be parallel. I just wanted to use on people actually use a lot.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" from your Deck.

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned by removing from play 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster in your Graveyard.

You're right; oddly enough, Malefic Blue-eyes is Semi-Nomi, while Malefic Cyber End is Nomi.

Last edited by dragonsamurai77 on 2011-12-12, 16:20; edited 1 time in total

dragonsamurai77

Back to top Go down

Post  Tcbskater 2011-12-12, 15:34

SaveTheDolphins wrote:

Just got the ruling from Pojo: The turn player's Malefic would live in any situation like this.
Tcbskater
Tcbskater

Back to top Go down

Post  ytxpikachu 2011-12-12, 16:14

Just got the ruling from Pojo: The turn player's Malefic would live in any situation like this.

wth @save, I told you the answer last night!

ytxpikachu

Back to top Go down

Post  SaveTheDolphins 2011-12-12, 17:23

ytxpikachu wrote:

Just got the ruling from Pojo: The turn player's would live in any situation like this.

wth @save, I told you the answer last night!
Yeah, but I changed it slightly. And Hal wasn't sure.
SaveTheDolphins
SaveTheDolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Tuvillo 2011-12-12, 20:31

If you control two Malefics, of which one was Booked beforehand, I don't think the Malefics would die WHILE Ceasefire is resolving, so purely theoretically, I think you would take the burn for both cards, and then afterwards one of them dies. (Owner's pick)

My arguments are Spirit Reaper's continuous effect destroying it AFTER the effect targeting him resolves, and Exodia not being able to win in the middle of an effect (suicide drawing with Super Rejunivation, drawing out your deck while having 5 Exodias in hand with the draws)
Tuvillo
Tuvillo

Birthday : 1990-07-29

http://www.nintendostudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-12-12, 22:46

Tuvillo wrote:If you control two Malefics, of which one was Booked beforehand, I don't think the Malefics would die WHILE Ceasefire is resolving, so purely theoretically, I think you would take the burn for both cards, and then afterwards one of them dies. (Owner's pick)
Except that isn't what the OP is asking, even though it's pretty vague.
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Lovelace 2011-12-12, 23:00

Badass_Bunny wrote:
Shinichi K. wrote:
To nitpick a bit:

However if Skill Drain is on the field than it's possible to have 2 Malefics on the field.

What. Skill drain doesnt negate conditions. Skill drain will not allow multiple malefics.
Lovelace
Lovelace

Birthday : 1999-01-01

Back to top Go down

Post  DefiniteOtaku 2011-12-12, 23:03

N Harmonia wrote:
Badass_Bunny wrote:
Shinichi K. wrote:
To nitpick a bit:

What. Skill drain doesnt negate conditions. Skill drain will not allow multiple malefics.
The limiting effect is a continuous one.
So it will be negated on the field.
DefiniteOtaku
DefiniteOtaku
Chaotic Stupid
Chaotic Stupid

Birthday : 1992-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post  SaveTheDolphins 2011-12-12, 23:09

DefiniteOtaku wrote:
N Harmonia wrote:
Badass_Bunny wrote:
Shinichi K. wrote:
To nitpick a bit:

The limiting effect is a continuous one.
So it will be negated on the field.
You cannot summon a malefic if there is another face-up malefic on the field even with skill drain. However, if skill drain is active and there are multiple face down malefics, when they are flipped face up, they can stay. THAT is how it can allow for multiple.
SaveTheDolphins
SaveTheDolphins

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down