Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Proper Summoning and Monster Reborn

+3
kangtuji
GoyoxD
Yosei-chan
7 posters

Go down

Solved Proper Summoning and Monster Reborn

Post  Yosei-chan 2012-02-07, 01:49

I may sound like a noob for this.
So, I had a few duels which I either quit or just gave-up on due to the ignorance and persistence of people, but for clarification. Let's use this actual scenario.

Yosei-chan turn.
====================
- Draws Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
- Studies grave, and chooses to remove Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress and Summoner Monk.
- Opponent chains Solemn Warning to summon. BLS never hit the field.

Opponents turn.
====================
- Opponent draws, they activate Monster Reborn and Special Summon BLS from Yo-chan's grave.
- Huge fit argument goes where for 20 or so minutes no administrator replies to IM and either player quits.

So, I am wondering if this is viable since it did meet the condition, but it never was summoned properly. So can they still do that? And does the same apply for Synchro's and Thunder King Rai-Oh negating the summon? Since well, looking around I didn't find a specific ruling on this.
Yosei-chan
Yosei-chan

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Proper Summoning and Monster Reborn

Post  GoyoxD 2012-02-07, 02:02

It's not a ruling, it's a game mechanic...... back to the question: no, Yosei-chan's opponent can not special summon Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning since he was not properly special summoned (and by that I mean his summon was negated); and yes, this also applies for Synchros/Xyz vs. Thuder King Rai-Oh.

In addition to this, if Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning is flipped face-down by Book of Moon and his flip summon is negated, you will not be able to special summon him either. This applies to Synchros, Xyz, Fusions, Rituals and Semi-Nomi monsters in general.
GoyoxD
GoyoxD

Birthday : 1994-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-07, 03:02

Eh...

I thought the flip summon doesn't have to be negated, all you need it flip it face-down, and you cann't reborn it

Need confirmation for this
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-07, 03:44

kangtuji wrote:Eh...

I thought the flip summon doesn't have to be negated, all you need it flip it face-down, and you cann't reborn it

Need confirmation for this
GoyoxD is correct. a special summon only monster that flipped face-down, then it's flip summon got negated is not treated as properly summoned before.

if the monster only flipped face down and flipped face-up again it still remember that it was properly summoned. it is not; however, remember the material used for the summon (tribute,fusion,sync,xyz).
poemi
poemi

Birthday : 1983-12-10

Back to top Go down

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-07, 04:25

Wrong... XYZ monster that still has XYZ material still remember its material
kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-07, 07:13

yeah, just remove that xyz part.
poemi
poemi

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-07, 07:25

Note that the case for black luster solider is not always the case.

Black Luster solider says "can only be special summoned by...." which means after it is properly summoned initially, you can special summon it from the graveyard

Some cards (faultroll, DAD, Malefic monsters) say "Cannot be special summoned except by..." Cannot be special summoned AT ALL after the initial summon.

Just something to look out for
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Yosei-chan 2012-02-07, 10:12

Ah, alright. This has been really helpful and eased my mind a lot.
Thank you everyone.
Yosei-chan
Yosei-chan

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  3E-hero neos 2012-02-07, 13:23

TO say this in easier ways then the previous ones(no offense):
There are Semi-Nomi and Nomi monsters in the game, Nomi monsters in the game when talking about monsters with special summoning conditions.
Semi-Nomi & Nomi monsters. Use that link to decide if a monster is a Nomi or a Semi-Nomi.

A Nomi Monster can only be Summoned with it's own conditions and can never be revived.
A Semi-Nomi monster, can only be Summoned with it's own conditions, and when it's properly Summoned before(not talking about meeting the condition, just about being properly Summoned), then you're able to revive it later on from Grave or Banish pile.

So if BLS is Summoned and the opponent negates the Summon with whatever card to negate the Summon, you cannot revive it.
3E-hero neos
3E-hero neos

Birthday : 1995-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post  poemi 2012-02-07, 14:51

semi nomi is never an official term, use 'special summon only' instead.
poemi
poemi

Back to top Go down

Post  Dragonknight1991 2012-02-07, 15:09

poemi wrote:semi nomi is never an official term, use 'special summon only' instead.
Neither was piercing, but the became an official term. Semi-Nomi and Nomi are used to simplify things, like mill almost everyone knows what milling is and it's used because it is easy then to type out: send the top (#) card(s) of your (opponents) deck to the grave

Dragonknight1991

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down