Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solemn Warning, Does this really work?

5 posters

Go down

Solved Solemn Warning, Does this really work?

Post  SnarkyPeaches 2012-02-12, 10:18

Solemn Warning has become a major staple in any deck, it's become very useful. Using it against Six Sams, Glad Beasts, Wind-Ups, Evols, basically anything now-a-days. There is just one question I have about this card. Is it overused in the wrong way? It clearly states that you can negate a card that has the effect to summon a monster, so when I play Sangan and my opponent Warns me, what happens? When I normal summon Thunder King, can they warn him too? It has become very common to see a player Warn a summon just because it has an effect, but the effect says nothing about special summoning a monster. When people normal summon Kageki, Warn him, understandable, but when people normal summon Kagemusha, they decide to flip a good 'ol Warning. How? I don't get it.

SnarkyPeaches

Back to top Go down

Solved Re: Solemn Warning, Does this really work?

Post  kangtuji 2012-02-12, 10:27

kangtuji
kangtuji

Back to top Go down

Post  SnarkyPeaches 2012-02-12, 10:44

kangtuji wrote:http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t4215-a-solemn-warning-and-some-others-negation-ruling-you-might-not-know

Sangan = Yes
KRO = Yes

Kageki ? Kagemusha ? are that six sams ?

Yes they are Six Sams. So if I normal summon a KRO, they can activate Warning? And if yes then why? He does not have any ability to special summon.

SnarkyPeaches

Back to top Go down

Post  AsherpotterCOPY 2012-02-12, 10:55

When a monster would be Summoned, OR

You can't just ignore the first half of the card...
AsherpotterCOPY
AsherpotterCOPY

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-12, 11:08

Solemn Warning negates effects that can special summon (Mystic Tomato, Monster Reborn even Macro Cosmos), normal summons and inherent special summons (aka monster that special summon 'themselves' like DAD, BLS, JD, synchros & XYZ among others)...
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Phoenix Wright 2012-02-12, 11:15

Lets look at the solemn warning card text

When a monster would be Summoned, OR when a Spell Card, Trap Card or Effect Monster's effect is activated that includes an effect that Special Summons a monster(s): Pay 2000 Life Points; negate the Summon OR activation, and destroy that card.

So we can see that there are 2 effects to solemn warning, separated by the word "Or"

-Negate the summon of a monster
-Negate an effect that summons monsters

The first effect lets you stop most summons that don't start a chain (syncro, xyz, inherent summons, etc.) and the second effect lets you stop summons the DO start a chain (Monster Reborn, call of the haunted, Six Samurai Kageki)

So in conclusion, if the first bit of card text wasn't there, you would be right
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  SnarkyPeaches 2012-02-12, 11:17

Asherpotter wrote:
When a monster would be Summoned, OR

You can't just ignore the first half of the card...

WOOOOOOW, for some reason I've been reading the card like it had a semi colon like all the Darkworld cards. I feel stupid now. Thanks man.

SnarkyPeaches

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down