Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solemn warning

+2
Conan
Abdo_Tarek
6 posters

Go down

Solemn warning Empty Solemn warning

Post  Abdo_Tarek 2011-07-09, 19:11

I don't really understand the effect,can I have a detailed explanation
Abdo_Tarek
Abdo_Tarek

Back to top Go down

Solemn warning Empty Re: Solemn warning

Post  Conan 2011-07-09, 19:17

It can negate one of these things(by paying 2000 as a cost):
-Any kind of summon
-An effect(monster/spell/trap) that includes summoning a monster(s), even if your opponent won't be able to summon that monster (e.g. Macrocosmos without Helios in deck)
Conan
Conan

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdo_Tarek 2011-07-09, 19:19

short and sweet,thnx,I understand now
Abdo_Tarek
Abdo_Tarek

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-07-09, 19:47

-Any kind of summon
wrong on that one

it can be activated to negate a spell /trap activation with the effect to special summon a monster it wont negate geartown effect (if geartown is destroyed it will special summon an ancient gear and there is nothing warning can do about it)

and if you dont chain to a card like monster reborn/ poly then the summon cant be negated

can negate monster effects to special summon(gorz) and inherent summons (cyber dragon)
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  Conan 2011-07-09, 20:05

Well you can choose to negate gorz's self-summoning OR the tokens summon(and therefore destroy gorz) and you could negate the summon of the ancient gear monster and it can negate inherent summons btw
Conan
Conan

Back to top Go down

Post  raidou 2011-07-09, 20:21

geartown ss effect cant be negated by warning because its text isnt the same as royal

warning needs to negate a spell /trap activation to negate the ss or it wont be able to negate because geartown summons by effect

the text on warning is different than royal oppresion
royal negates any effect and warning negates s/t trap activation

thats the reason royal can be used to negate black garden effect to summon tokens but warning cant be used

learned a lot about this trap when i was using a hero deck and noticed how many people waited for poly to resolve to make me lose the materials too ( if i ask for a chain and they dont chain to poly activation is too late to do it after the spell resolves )

Well you can choose to negate gorz's self-summoning OR the tokens summon
its a monster effect warning can negate monster effects

arent those 2 effects ? one activates in hand and SS gorz and after that resolved the second one activates summoning the token
raidou
raidou

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-07-09, 20:46

he's right, you can only stop the activation of a spell/trap, not the activation of an effect of a spell/trap (like geartown when it is destroyed.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Pharaoh Atem 2011-07-10, 02:31

Warning's text is clear, but not clear enough for some, and I'm afraid the other posts in this thread might still leave someone confused.

It has a cost of 2000 LP. Let's set that aside.

It can be activated in response to a player attempting a Summon, to negate that Summon and destroy the monster that would've been Summoned. Let's set THAT aside as well.

It can be Chained to an Effect Monster's effect's activation that includes the Special Summon of a monster, to negate that activation and destroy that Effect Monster. Let's set THIS aside too.

What hangs lots of people up is the last bit.

It can be Chained to a Spell/Trap Card's activation that includes the Special Summon of a monster.

The activation of a Spell or Trap is NOT the same thing as the activation of a Spell or Trap effect, although many cards don't bother to differentiate between the two.

The key is this.

Warning can be Chained to a CARD activation, but only if that activation includes the Special Summon of a monster.

The only way for a CARD activation to include the Special Summon of a monster is for that CARD activation to occur at the exact same time as an EFFECT activation that includes a Special Summon.

Note that while a CARD activation is not the same thing as an EFFECT activation, that we activate both CARDS and EFFECTS at the same time quite often. It's what we do when we activate Monster Reborn, for example. We're not just activating Reborn, and not just Reborn's effect. We're activating both of those things, in one simultaneous action.
Pharaoh Atem
Pharaoh Atem

Birthday : 1988-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post  {EX} TheVoid 2011-07-10, 02:48

^Then does that mean you can Warning a Geartown and a Macro Cosmos?
{EX} TheVoid
{EX} TheVoid
Cuddlez's Biscuit
Cuddlez's Biscuit

Birthday : 1992-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Abdo_Tarek 2011-07-10, 06:37

I understand the spell/trap

but considering a summon,how exactly it works,any summon or what?
Abdo_Tarek
Abdo_Tarek

Back to top Go down

Post  dest 2011-07-10, 08:28

TheVoid wrote:^Then does that mean you can Warning a Geartown and a Macro Cosmos?
No. And yes.
As I said and as he already explained clearly, you must differ from a ]b]card activation[/b] and a card effect activation.

In case of gear town:
When you place it on the field, you activate the card but not the effect that special summons.
When Geartown is destroyed and sent to the grave you do not activate the card only the effect that special summons. So you can't warning it.

In case of Macro:
When it is flipped face up it is of couse a card activation. Now, here it is the case, that the effect to special summon helios is activated at that same time. So you can warning it.

Understood now?

As for the summon beside s/t, you can negate every summon of a monster, wether it starts a chain or not. The one and only exception you couldn't do that is, if several trigger effects are activated at the same time.
For example, your opponent activates card destruction and discards Silva and Goldd. Both form a chain consisting of chain link 1 and 2. You can only negate chain link 2, since you have to activate warning directly in chain to the effect that summons.
dest
dest
Boneash
Boneash

Birthday : 1987-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down