Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lightray Gearfried

+5
DarkRiku
S.S.A.
Saturn
shonenhikada
AhhGoodTimes
9 posters

Go down

Lightray Gearfried Empty Lightray Gearfried

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-14, 16:38

Lightray Gearfried 193px-LightrayGearfried-GAOV-JP-%3F

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by having 5 or more LIGHT monsters with different names in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, when a Spell/Trap Card is activated while you only control Warrior-Type monsters: You can banish 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard; negate the activation of that card and destroy it.

Sacreds with their variety of monsters can easily use this. Plus their main monsters, Pollux and Pleiades are Warriors.

Last edited by AhhGoodTimes on 2012-02-15, 17:11; edited 1 time in total
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Lightray Gearfried Empty Re: Lightray Gearfried

Post  shonenhikada 2012-02-14, 16:42

Did they seriously just re-use Chaos Sorcerer, Phoenix Gearfried and Ocean Lord Daedalus recolour them and release them as new cards. Seriously there are so many unique cards in manga and anime Konami. If your running out of ideas just use those.
shonenhikada
shonenhikada

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-14, 17:03

shonenhikada wrote:Did they seriously just re-use Chaos Sorcerer, Phoenix Gearfried and Ocean Lord Daedalus recolour them and release them as new cards. Seriously there are so many unique cards in manga and anime Konami. If your running out of ideas just use those.

Cos, you know, they totally didn't just reuse Grepher, Dark Armed Dragon lv 7, Simorgh, Horus and Zerato for the DARK counterparts? I mean, that's just silly.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-14, 17:08

Saturn wrote:
shonenhikada wrote:Did they seriously just re-use Chaos Sorcerer, Phoenix Gearfried and Ocean Lord Daedalus recolour them and release them as new cards. Seriously there are so many unique cards in manga and anime Konami. If your running out of ideas just use those.

Cos, you know, they totally didn't just reuse Grepher, Dark Armed Dragon lv 7, Simorgh, Horus and Zerato for the DARK counterparts? I mean, that's just silly.

Not to mention Malefics, Toons, Zombie-counterparts and Verz...

AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-14, 17:09

nice dad like effect, slightly nerfed, but not to to bad
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-14, 17:11

S.S.A. wrote:nice dad like effect, slightly nerfed, but not to to bad

I think you meant to post in the Lightray Sorcerer thread. Understandable since all 3 threads have the same picture which might be annoying. For that I apologize as that's the only pic.
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  Saturn 2012-02-14, 17:11

Card is useless thanks to the part about you only being able to use it's effect if you only have warrior monsters. I hope that part isn't true, if it's not then it could become a a good card with its Shi En/DAD-like effect.
Saturn
Saturn

Birthday : 1996-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  S.S.A. 2012-02-14, 17:13

AhhGoodTimes wrote:
S.S.A. wrote:nice dad like effect, slightly nerfed, but not to to bad

I think you meant to post in the Lightray Sorcerer thread. Understandable since all 3 threads have the same picture which might be annoying. For that I apologize as that's the only pic.

what do you mean? needs x lights in grave, and banishes lights to destroy...sounds like dad to me
S.S.A.
S.S.A.

Back to top Go down

Post  AhhGoodTimes 2012-02-14, 17:19

@S.S.A. My bad kinda had the wrong mindset when comparing the two.

@Saturn Not a big deal. It just means you can't swarm with non-Warriors. On it's own it's a Shien with a nice body of 2800 atk. Pretty good. Might actually promote more conservative play. I still think it would be good in many Light decks.

Lightray Gearfried + Sacred Pleiades = troll
AhhGoodTimes
AhhGoodTimes

Back to top Go down

Post  shonenhikada 2012-02-14, 18:23

Saturn wrote:

But with those they actually redid the art, 2/3 of these look like they recolored them, gave them new effect then released them.
shonenhikada
shonenhikada

Back to top Go down

Post  DarkRiku 2012-02-14, 23:17

To tell you the truth this doesn't really bother me.

I like the revamp by using older cards. It isn't like all the cards in the game are used from the designs of other cards.
DarkRiku
DarkRiku
Keyblade Wielder
Keyblade Wielder

Birthday : 1984-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post  MrChillmatic 2012-02-15, 03:12

It's a card you can sit in until you can make your big move. Maybe in agents ?
MrChillmatic
MrChillmatic

Birthday : 1990-01-09

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-02-15, 12:09

If it is exclusive to Warriors then it's useless to agents. The Sacred might be able to make good use of this though. Aren't they all or mostly Warriors?
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  tester12342 2012-02-15, 12:12

HarleyThomas wrote:If it is exclusive to Warriors then it's useless to agents. The Sacred might be able to make good use of this though. Aren't they all or mostly Warriors?
Sacred is a whole mess of Types, they only have 2 or 3 warriors.

tester12342

Back to top Go down

Post  mido9 2012-02-15, 12:13

HarleyThomas wrote:If it is exclusive to Warriors then it's useless to agents. The Sacred might be able to make good use of this though. Aren't they all or mostly Warriors?

Only warriors in sacreds are pleidas,pollux and rescha.
mido9
mido9

Back to top Go down

Post  HarleyThomas 2012-02-15, 12:15

Okay then I guess not.
HarleyThomas
HarleyThomas

Birthday : 1993-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content