Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Placing Your Cards in Opponent decks

2 posters

Go down

Placing Your Cards in Opponent decks Empty Placing Your Cards in Opponent decks

Post  RDPrinny 2011-06-21, 10:15

how do i do it?!

Ok. so i'll give you the scenario. i was playing with my insect deck and i got out Paracite Paracide on the field, it flip's face up and i try to activate the effect but i can't figure out how to actually place the card into the opponents deck. i tried to mess with it with the other players consent but we couldn't figure it out!

if anyone could help me out with this i'd be extremely grateful considering its a big part of my strat in some cases. i wasn't sure where to go to post this either so hopefully i'm in the right place.

thanks for any info and thanks for your time.
RDPrinny
RDPrinny

Birthday : 1988-09-12

Back to top Go down

Placing Your Cards in Opponent decks Empty Re: Placing Your Cards in Opponent decks

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-21, 11:17

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/t580-somes-cards-can-t-be-used-a-few-suggestions
i think they mentioned a work-around for parasite paracide there
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Placing Your Cards in Opponent decks Empty Re: Placing Your Cards in Opponent decks

Post  RDPrinny 2011-06-21, 11:41

well that was informative and i thank you for that link but i do have one more concern on that subject.

they say to place it in your deck and when you draw it you show it and place it on their field but i have 3 in my deck so wouldn't that make it a bit unfair considering i have 3 times the chances of pulling it back from my deck and it being a different one?

i suppose i could limit it to 1 for the time being to make it more user friendly for my opponent, i would like it to be fair in some regards but i dunno. it does seem like something for that should be updated into the system eventually, taking these cards into consideration there are still a few like it out there. anyway thanks for the assistance, i hope this will be enough to clear up my issues with that deck.
RDPrinny
RDPrinny

Back to top Go down

Post  KaousFaustXIII 2011-06-21, 12:57

speaking as a programmer, as much as we want the software to cover as many scenarios as possible, there will always be isolated cases like this one.. the problem is there is no efficient way to handle this as of the moment, because adding a specific function to allow cards from the PlayerA to be shuffled into PlayerB's deck just to a cater One specific card out of 5000+ others is not feasible.

anyway still the best thing to do is simply avoid using the card if it makes that much trouble for your opponents, at least until they find a way to handle it. As much as i want to use my Alien deck im inclined not to, because keeping track with the A-counters becomes such a drag for both of us..
KaousFaustXIII
KaousFaustXIII

Birthday : 1986-03-17

Back to top Go down

Post  RDPrinny 2011-06-21, 18:43

very true indeed. however i still find using the counters is easiest simply to state which counters are where in chat, all you need is a basic name for the monster the player can associate with, possibly abbreviated in some form that they can agree on easily as most cards already seem to have along with a simple number with it for the # of counters along side it.

yes it is true it still sounds like a drag but most players probably aren't too concerned if that is the only way around it i'm sure. besides the purpose behind the game is to have fun with the decks you build i guess if you have so many problems with specific deck builds the best option would be not to use that particular deck.

i have an A deck myself so i get where your coming from with that thought. Still i do love playing my venom deck and it has a similar flaw in its design, same with spell counter decks to a degree so it all is on the player to just roll with it and not let the little things about it bother them.

actually thinking of that i'll follow that same advice with PP and just roll with it how i can, anyway i do thank you for your help and hope we both can enjoy our counter built decks in a more reliable fashion in the future ^_^
RDPrinny
RDPrinny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down