Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think about the new card text style?

+6
CaiusTSR
Zero2Hero
Yami-Malik
Phoenix Wright
Roxzen
TyagoHexagon
10 posters

Go down

What do you think about the new card text style?

What do you think about the new card text style? Vote_lcap22%What do you think about the new card text style? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
What do you think about the new card text style? Vote_lcap22%What do you think about the new card text style? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
What do you think about the new card text style? Vote_lcap11%What do you think about the new card text style? Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 1 ]
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

What do you think about the new card text style? Empty What do you think about the new card text style?

Post  TyagoHexagon 2011-07-03, 10:43

As you all know, the card text style will change ("Problem-Solving Card Text") when we recieve the new starter deck. Changes include:
* The text is written with ; and :.
* We now know exactly when a card effect targets, because it says "target 1 face-up monster", for example.
* (Finally!) the "During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Damage to your opponent." effect AKA Piercing will be written as "When this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict Piercing Battle Damage to your opponent."
* "Hero" monsters in be now known as "HERO" monsters, like Elemental HERO, Destiny HERO, etc.
*[EDIT] "Removed from play" is know known as "Banish".

Examples:

Orient Dragon

What do you think about the new card text style? OrientDragonGENF-EN-UE

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned: Target 1 face-up Synchro Monster your opponent controls; banish that target.

Number 83: Galaxy Queen

What do you think about the new card text style? Number83GalaxyQueenPHSW-JP

3 Level 1 monsters
Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card: Until your opponent's next End Phase: monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle; If those monsters attack a Defense Position monster, inflict Piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.

Masked HERO Vapor

What do you think about the new card text style? MaskedHEROVaporGENF-EN-UE

What do you think about this changes? And if you know more, feel free to post them in the topic.
[Sorry about the Queen's image, I don't know how to put it smaller]

Last edited by TyagoHexagon on 2011-07-03, 15:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I forgot to place that change)
TyagoHexagon
TyagoHexagon

Birthday : 1996-05-03

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the new card text style? Empty Re: What do you think about the new card text style?

Post  Roxzen 2011-07-03, 10:50

Don't worry, D-Net Forum resize it for you.

I'm unsure about it. While it make the game look less like a rocket science, the sentence structure is butchered. But eh, I don't think people would care.

Maybe I just used to the old wording.
Roxzen
Roxzen

Birthday : 1992-04-04

Back to top Go down

What do you think about the new card text style? Empty Re: What do you think about the new card text style?

Post  Phoenix Wright 2011-07-03, 10:53

not of major importance, but useful
Phoenix Wright
Phoenix Wright

Birthday : 1993-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Yami-Malik 2011-07-03, 13:02

I mean i like it, is nice and all i rly dont feel the need to change the text style but it does makes it easier to understand.
Yami-Malik
Yami-Malik

Birthday : 1995-05-30

http://forum.duelingnetwork.com/profile?mode=editprofile

Back to top Go down

Post  Zero2Hero 2011-07-03, 13:11

Excellent change! Thank you Konami!
Zero2Hero
Zero2Hero
Hidden Genius
Hidden Genius

Birthday : 1994-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post  CaiusTSR 2011-07-03, 14:54

I don't understand why they change Hero to HERO. I hate all caps...

Anyway OT: I like the new text change. Makes everything easier to understand and less cluttered. My fav change is Piercing. I hated reading all of that text beforehand. I'm glad they are changing with the times.
CaiusTSR
CaiusTSR

Birthday : 1992-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Kikyo Maaka 2011-07-03, 15:08

Gross, now I need to see bad writing on my YGO cards too? They should have left it as normal sentences (with some exceptions, i.e, "When Synchro Summoned: [effect here]").

The terms are also tedious and actually look like Magic copies. I've personally referred to piercing effects as trample ones (and am quite partial to the original text for it), and likewise banish should just be removed from play like before.

Maybe I'm just seeing it as a change that makes society's growing laziness and/or illiteracy more obvious than it already was, namely with the lack of proper sentences.
Kikyo Maaka
Kikyo Maaka

Birthday : 1993-03-09

http://ameblo.jp/kikyo-maaka/

Back to top Go down

Post  TyagoHexagon 2011-07-03, 15:18

CaiusTSR wrote:I don't understand why they change Hero to HERO. I hate all caps...

Anyway OT: I like the new text change. Makes everything easier to understand and less cluttered. My fav change is Piercing. I hated reading all of that text beforehand. I'm glad they are changing with the times.

It is to separate true Hero (or HERO) monsters from other cards that have "Hero", like "Oscillo Hero" and I would guess to simplify the writing of some cards that support all "HERO" monsters, like Stratos. But I agree with you, HERO is very very very strange to see in a card.

And I like the Piercing change too.
TyagoHexagon
TyagoHexagon

Birthday : 1996-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Adept VantageSP 2011-07-03, 19:12

I like the new changes. Key words > clunky, long string of words.
Adept VantageSP
Adept VantageSP
Adept Swordsmaster
 Adept Swordsmaster

Birthday : 1992-05-08

http://yugiohgxforums.b1.jcink.com/index.php?

Back to top Go down

Post  Nogueirn 2011-09-12, 12:57

Im interested in the new heros coming out, the effects of the spell cards are going to apply to all hero cards now so maybe they'll be tough competition
Nogueirn
Nogueirn

Back to top Go down

Post  Miror B. 2011-09-12, 13:05

I remember first seeing these, then watching as people complained about the changes, then proceeded to confuse effects due to old wording.

I like the changes. For one it helped me find out that Dark Simorgh's Special Summon effect actually activates.
Miror B.
Miror B.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down