Dueling Network Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!!

+3
Tsunayoshi
MK_ultra
twosoul
7 posters

Go down

Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!! Empty Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!!

Post  twosoul 2011-12-16, 23:30

hi, i wanted to say that the Magical Diemnsion has got a wrong card text.
Card text on TCG card game:
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Errata:Magical_Dimension
You can only activate this card while there is a face-up Spellcaster-Type monster(s) on your side of the field. Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field and Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand. Then you can destroy 1 monster on the field.

Card text on DLNW:
If you control a face-up Spellcaster-Type monster: Target 1 monster you control; Tribute it, then Special Summon 1 Spellcaster-Type monster from your hand, then you can destroy 1 monster on the field.

The different is "and";"then" in card text.
Thanks 4 reading!

twosoul

Back to top Go down

Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!! Empty Re: Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!!

Post  MK_ultra 2011-12-16, 23:36

youre complaning about this? wow i remember when i was 5 and complaned about why the sun was hot
MK_ultra
MK_ultra

Back to top Go down

Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!! Empty Re: Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!!

Post  twosoul 2011-12-16, 23:47

With "and" i can combo magical dimension+Fortune Lady Light.
With "then" i can't!
So,Are You have to understand why i think seriously?

twosoul

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-17, 00:04

twosoul wrote:With "and" i can combo magical dimension+Fortune Lady Light.
With "then" i can't!
So,Are You have to understand why i think seriously?

Card text will NOT be changed. The text you claim is wrong is the official card text with the new problem solving language.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Birthday : 1987-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twosoul 2011-12-17, 01:21

Sorry!i'm wrong Sad.Card text in TU06 (Latest errata) is "then".
Thanks you!

twosoul

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-17, 01:40

twosoul wrote:Sorry!i'm wrong Sad.Card text in TU06 (Latest errata) is "then".
Thanks you!

Also as another point before this thread has no need to be posted again. FL Light doesnt mix well at all with Magical Dimension because of the extra destruction effect of MD, which would prevent Light from using its effect even if the text did say 'and'
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  twosoul 2011-12-17, 12:50

If the text say "and",when i active effect MD by tributing FL Light,the first effect of MD and effect of FL light apply Simultaneous.But,because the second effect of MD is Optional trigger effect,if i choose active this effect=>FL Light miss timing.
If i don't choose active=>FL Light isn't miss timing.
However,It does not matter.

P/S:Sorry,My English is very bad! Sad

twosoul

Back to top Go down

Post  Key 2011-12-17, 18:18

twosoul wrote:If the text say "and",when i active effect MD by tributing FL Light,the first effect of MD and effect of FL light apply Simultaneous.
Not necessary simultaneous, look at Polymerization
Key
Key
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→
←↓Ruling Scrubbie↑→

Birthday : 1994-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-17, 18:26

Key wrote:
twosoul wrote:If the text say "and",when i active effect MD by tributing FL Light,the first effect of MD and effect of FL light apply Simultaneous.
Not necessary simultaneous, look at Polymerization

Possibly the reason for the change from 'and' to 'then'
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-17, 18:32

Would light's effect activate if I destroyed her with the "then you can destroy 1 monster on the field" part?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Tsunayoshi 2011-12-17, 18:37

Nope. Last thing to happen would not be Light leaving the field.
Tsunayoshi
Tsunayoshi

Back to top Go down

Post  LuzCeleste 2011-12-17, 18:48

What would be the last thing happening then? ._.

Didn't I tribute something... Then summoned something.... Then destroyed light? What happens after that?
LuzCeleste
LuzCeleste

Birthday : 1990-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2011-12-17, 21:46

Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!! 300px-MagicalDimensionTU06-EN-C-UE

LuzCeleste wrote:What would be the last thing happening then? ._.

Didn't I tribute something... Then summoned something.... Then destroyed light? What happens after that?

I can finally answer a ruling question!!!! I'm so certain if you were to destroy Fortune Lady Light per Magical Dimension's last effect, you'd get to SS a Darky, Watery, Earthy, or even Firey!!!!! If there is something else going on in the background, someone please let me know, but from what I understand, it's just because Fortune Lady Lights being sent to the graveyard is the last to resolve, just like how it would be the last to resolve if she were to get Fissure'd.

I'm posting the magical dimension card to make any further debates easier... I might be wrong, but when I played in Tag Force 5, and I did that(ex. Fortune Lady Light and dark magician on field, Tribute dark magician to SS Dark Magician of Chaos, then destroy Fortune Lady Light)I was able to SS another Fortune Lady to the Field.

I hope i'm right because I was really looking forward to being able to help someone!!!
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  twosoul 2011-12-18, 00:38

exiled_force wrote:Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!! 300px-MagicalDimensionTU06-EN-C-UE

I can finally answer a ruling question!!!! I'm so certain if you were to destroy Fortune Lady Light per Magical Dimension's last effect, you'd get to SS a Darky, Watery, Earthy, or even Firey!!!!! If there is something else going on in the background, someone please let me know, but from what I understand, it's just because Fortune Lady Lights being sent to the graveyard is the last to resolve, just like how it would be the last to resolve if she were to get Fissure'd.

I'm posting the magical dimension card to make any further debates easier... I might be wrong, but when I played in Tag Force 5, and I did that(ex. Fortune Lady Light and dark magician on field, Tribute dark magician to SS Dark Magician of Chaos, then destroy Fortune Lady Light)I was able to SS another Fortune Lady to the Field.

I hope i'm right because I was really looking forward to being able to help someone!!!

Previous,card text say:"....Tribute it,and Special summon...".So,if you do not destroy monster by second effect of Magical dimension.you can act eff dimension and FL light Simultaneous,because the last thing to happen would be Light leaving the field.
If you active the second effect of Dimension,destroy 1 monster.The last thing to happen would be MD destroy 1 monster=>FL Light effect is miss timing.

But Currently,card text change to:"....Tribute it,then Special Summon...".So,you can not act effect FL Light because the first effect of dimension and FL light doest not Simultaneous (FL light effect is miss timing),even you do not active optinal effect of magical dimension.

twosoul

Back to top Go down

Post  exiled_force 2011-12-18, 01:37

twosoul wrote:
exiled_force wrote:Magical Dimension got wrong card text!!! 300px-MagicalDimensionTU06-EN-C-UE

Previous,card text say:"....Tribute it,and Special summon...".So,if you do not destroy monster by second effect of Magical dimension.you can act eff dimension and FL light Simultaneous,because the last thing to happen would be Light leaving the field.
If you active the second effect of Dimension,destroy 1 monster.The last thing to happen would be MD destroy 1 monster=>FL Light effect is miss timing.

But Currently,card text change to:"....Tribute it,then Special Summon...".So,you can not act effect FL Light because the first effect of dimension and FL light doest not Simultaneous (FL light effect is miss timing),even you do not active optinal effect of magical dimension.

Ok... From what I understand, here's how it works.
Effect 1:Tribute Monster
Choose something other then Fortune Lady Light, like another monster on the field(doesn't have to be spellcaster-type.
Effect 2:Special Summon Monster
Now choose a monster from your hand if it can be special summoned. If you were to choose Fortune Lady Light originally, it wouldn't work simply because she is being tributed, whereas she needs to be destroyed or removed from the field via card effect.
Effect 3:Destroy a monster.
This is the question LuzCeleste seemed to have. A monster is now being destroyed. The only way Fortune Lady Light's effect would not activate is if she was chosen as the intial tribute fodder, unless you had two Fortune Lady Lights' to begin with. At this time, it is the same way as being treated as Fortune Lady Light being fissure'd, hammer shot'd, or Dark Hole'd. She is leaving the field via a card effect, and this is the last effect to resolve, so because it is the last thing to happen, her SS effect should activate should you choose to.

The only point in which Fortune Lady Light would "Miss the Timing" is if she were to leave the field first as the initial effect, and then the rest of the three effects of this card were to resolve. So to answer your question, Fortune Lady does not work well with the first effect of Magical Dimension, only the third and final effect. So in other words, it would be good for special summoning two monsters.
exiled_force
exiled_force

Back to top Go down

Post  Thanax42 2011-12-18, 09:58

LuzCeleste wrote:Would light's effect activate if I destroyed her with the "then you can destroy 1 monster on the field" part?

Yes you can, destroying is indeed the last thing to happen
Thanax42
Thanax42

Birthday : 1988-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down